Best Rate To Exchange Dollars To Baht In Bangkok

Where's the best place to exchange your foreign money to baht and get a good rate? The airport rates are of course the worst, so if I wanted to exchange a larger sum of money where in Bangkok would be the best booth anyone knows of or business, for that matter, to exchange some money? I only want to changer a little over at the airport for a taxi or something, as I don't want to get a bad rate.

Where's the best place to exchange your foreign money to baht and get a good rate? The airport rates are of course the worst, so if I wanted to exchange a larger sum of money where in Bangkok would be the best booth anyone knows of or business, for that matter, to exchange some money? I only want to changer a little over at the airport for a taxi or something, as I don't want to get a bad rate.

You can use the search function to find more information, but this company has been mentioned several times. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Baht-Dollar-...nget272210.html

Edited by beechguy

I do not know,where you from;if you are from UK - you will get very bad exchange rate there at airports,the very worst is Travelex.

Travelex runs also cheating scheme at Heathrow - calling cards:they sell calling cards which simply do not work and they refuse to refund

because you had scrached the pin already!Very bold indeed.

Coming back to the subject of exchange rates - they are very good at Thai airports,much better then Singapore,KL and the worst is HongKong

with its colonial heritage - ThomasCook,AmericanExpress and...Travelex!You lose up to 20%!

Some time ago,I used to change in place opposite Indra Hotel,which was sort of "whole sale"place with rates better then banks and negotiable,

depending of your volume,but I can not find it anymore,may be somebody knows the new location and name?Old name was something like "Triny"(?)

I also changed in some gold shops on SureewongRd,RajahHotel and NewRd.You must negotiate the rate,try there and tell us about your experience!

ChockDee!

try Super Rich, there is a booth at chidlom bts station and 2 others around there (one is inside big C) opposite to central world, I saw a better exchange and no commission, or at least is what they say...

try Super Rich, there is a booth at chidlom bts station and 2 others around there (one is inside big C) opposite to central world, I saw a better exchange and no commission, or at least is what they say...

Any other reports on Super Rich? Any other suggestions?

Less than 24 hours until I get on the train to go to the airport so I'll be in Bangkok in 2 days.

Someone suggested using the search function. Really? Over 3000 posts and I had no idea about this: :):D

Ya, right. Search didn't show up too many so I just wanted to know any new places we haven't heard about or something somebody knows about that hasn't been mentioned.

The Super Rich location down the small Soi near Big C across from Central World is always packed with locals. A good indication that the best rates are there.

The Super Rich location down the small Soi near Big C across from Central World is always packed with locals. A good indication that the best rates are there.

http://www.superrich1965.com/app/index.aspx

that the airport rates at Suvarnabhumi are "bad" is a fairy tale. you might however get a few satang more by some money changers downtown.

Any other reports on Super Rich? Any other suggestions?

Less than 24 hours until I get on the train to go to the airport so I'll be in Bangkok in 2 days.

Someone suggested using the search function. Really? Over 3000 posts and I had no idea about this: :):D

Ya, right. Search didn't show up too many so I just wanted to know any new places we haven't heard about or something somebody knows about that hasn't been mentioned.

Perhaps you should have been more specific and asked about "new" or different places.

Edited by beechguy

that the airport rates at Suvarnabhumi are "bad" is a fairy tale. you might however get a few satang more by some money changers downtown.

Not a fairy tale, Worf, I've noticed this myself. They are "bad" as they're the worst rate I've noticed anywhere in Bangkok. Yes it's only a few satang but if you change a lot of money you're talking a few hundred baht difference, which I would just as well rather keep.

beechguy, perhaps I shouldn't have been more specific because I couldn't have had this utterly fascinating exchange with you.

Not a fairy tale, Worf, I've noticed this myself. They are "bad" as they're the worst rate I've noticed anywhere in Bangkok. Yes it's only a few satang but if you change a lot of money you're talking a few hundred baht difference, which I would just as well rather keep.

beechguy, perhaps I shouldn't have been more specific because I couldn't have had this utterly fascinating exchange with you.

True, but at least four or five of us have mentioned the same place, that you apparently already knew about.

About the airport rates, I do think they are worse at some banks than I've ever noticed before.

Edited by beechguy

Nope, didn't know about Super Rich. Was just asking for other options besides what one poster mentioned. So, all in all, this thread has been deemed a success by the OP.

Comparing airport exchange booth rates with those on the streets of Bangkok, the airport booth rates have always been the worst for me.

Edited by Jimjim

On thursday the rate in most exchange places I visited were 26.3 baht for 1$Aud. Super Rich had 27.2baht at the Lad Prao branch behind Thai Airways building. Also works well the other way when converting back to AUD from Thai Baht. SR.......27.4 baht for 1$Aud. Travellers Cheques offer a better rate as long as you can get free cheques in your home country with no commission charges.

On the North side of Siam Square intersection (heading towards Rachathewi) there is a very small but "long been there" money changer.

Their rates are always better than the banks. You will have to look very carefully as it is a small dirty looking shophouse and easy to miss. But it is approx. opposite the palace (big wall on other side of road) and not far from new art centre (which is on the intersection).

This website is from another thread by Bridge, I think

http://bankexchangerates.daytodaydata.net/default.aspx

On their you can see the rates given for bank notes and super rich comes out the best. Having said that there are a few money changers around - search on here - and how their rates compare, I dont know. Certainly the money changers should give you a better rate than the banks and you can see the current rates the bank will give you from the website above.

HTH

• 2 years later...