And The Saga Continues....

Jockstar

Ok, getting a new Pc on Friday. But i just want to check the condition of my graphics card. Its relatively new but for peace of mind i need to know that i havent fukced it up by trying to play HL2 on a low spec PC. Pandit told me this is unlikeley but if anyone knows of a website that will back up my initial thoughts then cheers.

Ok, getting a new Pc on Friday. But i just want to check the condition of my graphics card. Its relatively new but for peace of mind i need to know that i havent fukced it up by trying to play HL2 on a low spec PC. Pandit told me this is unlikeley but if anyone knows of a website that will back up my initial thoughts then cheers.

The type of pc the card is in , doesn't matter for frying it.

Just make sure it's very well cooled and keep an eye on the temps.

i've got a radeon 9700 which is ok in normal use but give tiny blocks in 3d mode due to it being fried when the fan stopped due to dust.

Download one of the 3DMarks from Futuremark to run on it.

You'll see from the demos running if it's working or not...

Depending on the card, you should probably download one of 2003 or 2005 to give it a full test (although they are rather large...) 2001 will probably be sufficient as a general check that things look good - and it's a LOT smaller to download...

Download one of the 3DMarks from Futuremark to run on it.

You'll see from the demos running if it's working or not...

Depending on the card, you should probably download one of 2003 or 2005 to give it a full test (although they are rather large...) 2001 will probably be sufficient as a general check that things look good - and it's a LOT smaller to download...

Maybe i'll try the download when i get my new Pc if i have problems. It takes a while.ie over a hour or so.