Soi 8 Pub

babuhavas

hi all

i was browsing to find a new place in bangkok for pool,and cold beer with happy hours price.

saw few pics of soi 8 pub,on sukhumvit soi 8 itself,the place looked ok to me and want to give a try(as i am bored with my regular pub now)

so what dose TV members think about the place,is it worth going?can i find beautyful company also?

thanks in advance

babuhavas

hi all

i was browsing to find a new place in bangkok for pool,and cold beer with happy hours price.

saw few pics of soi 8 pub,on sukhumvit soi 8 itself,the place looked ok to me and want to give a try(as i am bored with my regular pub now)

so what dose TV members think about the place,is it worth going?can i find beautyful company also?

thanks in advance

babuhavas

i have always liked the place...nice layout, all amenities...but bring your own company..it's a place you could take your parents to.

hi all

thanks in advance

babuhavas

not a place to find beautiful company (believe me I know, have seen the expats that hang out there) but an enjoyable no nonsense place to have a few cold ones.

ok i will try it today evening,hope atleast i can find someone to play pool

Try "DET 5" on Soi 8 as they have pool tables, food, things to see there. Good guy runs the place with his Thai wife.

Dan

happy hour until 7pm (70 baht for bottled heineken etc). At 7pm coincidentally, they have a free bbq (Fridays). Seems popular with the teaching crowd.

I wonder if big Dave does this just to wind them up? Yes, you can have free food but the beer is more expensive now. :)

Edited by bkkjames

Try "DET 5" on Soi 8 as they have pool tables, food, things to see there. Good guy runs the place with his Thai wife.

Dan

good idea also,may be i will stop by for a beer or 2

hi all

thanks in advance

babuhavas

not a place to find beautiful company (believe me I know, have seen the expats that hang out there) but an enjoyable no nonsense place to have a few cold ones.

Come on James, I know you hang out there on a Friday night for the free BBQ :)

Seriously, it is a good pub for a few beers with mates, and I have been going in there for the last 3 years. Dave the owner is a top bloke. Good pub food at reasonable prices, and a good range of beers as well.

hi all

thanks in advance

babuhavas

Come on James, I know you hang out there on a Friday night for the free BBQ :)

Seriously, it is a good pub for a few beers with mates, and I have been going in there for the last 3 years. Dave the owner is a top bloke. Good pub food at reasonable prices, and a good range of beers as well.

actually i leave the office at 530pm, am at soi 8 by 533 depending on the beggers in my way, generally hammer back about 5 heinekens and by 7 pm looking for more agreeable company.

thanks to all

i just came back from soi 8 pub and DEN 5,i took my pool Q also but din't got any players.

Both the places were good,but i got bored as i went alone,no complains about the bars but if you go alone you don't have much to say,right? :)

anyways as far as i am concern i won't be going there again,unless i have some company.(and to be frank i was the only non white guy at both the places so din't expected much)

soi 8 was just a bit price for drinks,DEN 5 was cheap.

thanks all

babuhavas

As said above, no un-attached Thai female company to be found at the Soi 8 Pub... And it's a big place for cigarette smokers...for those so inclined.

DET 5, not DEN, is up the soi a bit... Good Thai and falang food, indoor and outdoor eating and seating. I gather, a number of ladies willing to engage a bloke in a game of pool. Happy Hour prices until 7, I believe. Hotel across the street, in case you get lucky/sleepy and want to take a rest... :)

Soi 8 is good although the owners wife can be a pain in the rear end sometimes.

Agreed. In fact, she banned my mate from the pub due to too much flirting with (harrassing of) the waitresses.

Have also checked out the Soi 11 (Aussie) pub, and interestingly, the owner sports the same haircut as Dave (but isn't as nice a bloke), and his wife is also a pain.

The Office is good for pool and female company, however, the food at Soi 8 is much better.

I agree with all of the posts. Many visits to Soi 8 and Det 5. Soi 8 food reliable and tight run outfit. A place where you should be on your best behaviour! Det 5 food great, and staff friendly, and they will provide extras. - pool partner etc. :)

• 2 years later...

Just looking for an update about smoking at Soi 8 - is it safe to presume this is no longer a venue filled with cigarette smoke?

The food is good, prices are reasonable, but the smoking ruins it for me.

Several times I've walked in and walked right out again due to the smoke clouds.

OK for lunch, but happy hour or after forget it, too many smokers. They even allow cigar smoking.