Hi.........I will be helping my fiance with a long time promise she has had with a so called..." friend "......for a long time. I will purchase a condo from her friend........

It is outside of BKK....forget area....between bkk and nawanakon....near Home future...or Future home mall.....

5th floor.......single condo...but roomy, with bath and balcony...it has air, bed, etc.

My GF told her I would only pay 220,000 b.........and her freind got angry with her and said she must have taught me something about Thailand.........In other words....she was hoping to take advantage of the ignorant farung.

It is maybe 8 yrs old or so.....

Is this a reasonable overall price in these uncertain times?

What would I be able to rent it out for? To a Thai? To a Farung or Tourist?

And any advice about what kind of fees to expect......Or can I even purchace a condo and own it 100% ?

Thanks...... This site has been great....

PS: Currently......my gf found a 2 story home.....in patathani....furnished with bar...3 bed....2 bath.....nice....for 4500 b month......is this good? Average?

Is it possible....to post...without all of the errant punctuation ??!!! And use actual sentences.....???????

Here's a hint: "fiance" refers to a guy, and "fiancee" refers to a woman. Actually, we don't care if you're engaged to either a man, woman, or...

It's hard to tell you how much a condo is worth when you don't know where it is. I'm not sure why you want to buy something out in the middle of nowhere (if you can't remember where the place is, it's probably within walking distance of "nowhere"). Too, the price of a condo - anywhere - is dependent upon the SIZE. Is the condo 50 sqm, 100 sqm? I bet you don't know. Why are you buying a condo? Yes, you're helping your "fiance" with a promise, but why else? Evidently, you expect to rake in the big bucks by renting it out. You should lower your expectations. If you want to rent to a farang, the condo should be in BKK, within a couple kms of mass transit. No, a red bus in the middle of nowhere is not considered to be mass transit.

You can own a condo 100% in your name and, since you are asking a very fundamental question, I believe that you should spend some more time thinking about the condo purchase. In one part of your post, you refer to your "fiance", and in another part of the post, you refer to "gf". Apparently, you don't even know the type of relationship that you are in, and that should scare you.

You need to get busy with google or yahoo, etc and find yourself some classifeds web sites in thailand. some of these are general (but with a real estate section) and others are specific to real estate only. they you type in the location and you can see real ads for places in that area ... and at least start to get a basic idea about values (purchase and rental)

some general ones are thaivisa classifieds, bahtsold, craiglist

Fiance, fiancee, or girlfriend, errant punctuation or easy reading; What ever you want to call it. It does not take much more than a basic thought to understand the context and meaning of someones words. Not to mention the fact that anyone from Thailand will understand that when writing or talking every day with a Thai lady who speaks about 55% English, you will tend to pick up the broken phrases of English whether you want to or not.

As for any and all the pertinent information that was helpful......Thank you.

"It does not take much more than a basic thought to understand the context and meaning of someones words. Not to mention the fact that anyone from Thailand will understand that when writing or talking every day with a Thai lady who speaks about 55% English, you will tend to pick up the broken phrases of English whether you want to or not."

Oh, we understand his post perfectly: "I'm lost, I don't know what I'm doing, I don't understand the real estate market, I don't know if I'm engaged or not". You can't blame a Thai woman for any of that. I can't wait for the OP's whining that concerns sinsod, in-laws, the neighbors, his wife's infidelity...

Some of the most articulate posts are made by guys that have been in long-term relationships with Thai women. The OP does not fall into either one of those categories.

First you and the GF need to visit complex without letting her friend know your coming. Check in office for any units that are for sale and what price they are listed. They will have a book or point you to board where they will be posted. You should also be able to find out what price units are renting from office or on board. You might also want to ask office what the monthly maintenance fee is and what percentage of people are paying fee.