Nationwide (uk) And Atm Withdrawal Fees Latest

After all the debate about 150 baht ATM withdrawal fees in Thailand and, since the beginning of the (UK) summer, Nationwide's quoted handing-on of the 1% VISA charge....

My latest ATM withdrawal using my Nationwide Flex Account VISA debit card on 13th July:

Ayudhya Bank,

16,000 baht > UK account debited £292.94 = 54.618 baht to the pound.

On 13th July Ayudhya's p.m. published T/T rate = 54.61 baht to the pound

I know Ayudhya have never charged the 150 baht but I'm wondering what has happened to Nationwide's VISA card services charge they claimed would get included in the transaction from May or June this year?

Anyone got any inside info.

After all the debate about 150 baht ATM withdrawal fees in Thailand and, since the beginning of the (UK) summer, Nationwide's quoted handing-on of the 1% VISA charge....

My latest ATM withdrawal using my Nationwide Flex Account VISA debit card on 13th July:

Ayudhya Bank,

16,000 baht > UK account debited £292.94 = 54.618 baht to the pound.

On 13th July Ayudhya's p.m. published T/T rate = 54.61 baht to the pound

I know Ayudhya have never charged the 150 baht but I'm wondering what has happened to Nationwide's VISA card services charge they claimed would get included in the transaction from May or June this year?

Anyone got any inside info.

Nationwide are charging/passing on 0.84%, this is reflected in the rate. They appear to have abandoned the proposed increase to 1%. Ayudhya's TT rate has no bearing on the rate that VISA apply to the transaction.

Nationwide are charging/passing on 0.84%, this is reflected in the rate. They appear to have abandoned the proposed increase to 1%. Ayudhya's TT rate has no bearing on the rate that VISA apply to the transaction.

I appreciate that, but we're all "educated" to the idea that we get more baht for our pound when exchanged INSIDE of Thailand. It looks like I could send £ via SWIFT transfer but still only get the same rate as at the ATM, and that's WITH Visa taking their 0.84% cut! According to this experience, Visa are actually applying an exchange rate 0.84% better than the Thai bank before they take their fee.