Uk Dress Sizes

ZOVOX

I hope there's some nice ladies from the u.k on this forum who can help this fella out: I wish to purchase a dress for my thai wife, and she says that she is a size 'M', which i assume means medium. What would be the equivalent u.k dress size for an asian size 'M' ? I've had farang girlfriends in the past, and i'm guessing that it is a size 10, but i thought i'd better check with the experts. Also, i believe american dress sizes are different - anybody know the u.s dress size equivalent ?

I hope there's some nice ladies from the u.k on this forum who can help this fella out: I wish to purchase a dress for my thai wife, and she says that she is a size 'M', which i assume means medium. What would be the equivalent u.k dress size for an asian size 'M' ? I've had farang girlfriends in the past, and i'm guessing that it is a size 10, but i thought i'd better check with the experts. Also, i believe american dress sizes are different - anybody know the u.s dress size equivalent ?

I'm generaly a size M here and it's about a 10-12 UK size, U.S sizes are one below UK sizes so 10-12 is 8-10 in the U.S, (Or so it seems to have worked out for me!)

Thing is buying dresses is for someone else is a bit harder as you have bust and hip size to consider too.

If you can play it safe and buy her a top or trousers rather than a dress I'd go for that option! :o

Agreed, also manufacturers vary widely. I can wear anything from a US 8 to a US 12. go figure. Your best bet would be to get her measurements; bust, waist, hips and measure the dress from there. Good luck, it is really hard buying clothes for oneself these days as, I said before, the sizes vary so widely. I would guess it will be even harder for someone not there! When I go shopping in the US I end up taking at least 2 sizes of the same thing. Most annoying!

Zovox:

I need to echo SBK on this one. There is very wide variation here, so it is hard to know correct size.

I am generally an Asian size M, but wear a size 3 in UK size (if British India counts). To be honest, I don't really know what American size I am anymore. But I think it would be somewhere between a size 4-8.