Under Age Dancers, Drug Use Uncovered In Pattaya Gay Bar Raid

Rimmer

On the evening of 19th July 2009, acting on a tip off, Pattaya police raided a gay bar in central Pattaya and found 14 boy dancers under the age of 20, many of whom tested positive for drugs.

At 11.00 pm, a police team together with a volunteer team paid an unexpected visit to the Y2K boy club, 273/109, in Soi Sunee plaza or Gay Soi, South Pattaya, following information received that the bar employed underage dancers and that drugs were being used on the premises.

When the police arrived, they were greeted by the sight of 25 boys, wearing only underpants, dancing on the floor. Many tourists were drinking and enjoying watching the boys. Police showed their ID and switched the music off. 14 of the dancers tested positive for drugs.

Initially, police arrested Mr. Suwirat Praditkai [21], the club manager, who told police that the owner was Mr. Burin Katthong [47], residing at 120, Moo. 2, Mae Sarieng, Mae Hong Sorn. The owner was not on the premises at the time of the raid.

All the boys and the manager then were taken to the police station for further investigation and processing.

Story and pictures at:

http://pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000009788

On the evening of 19th July 2009, acting on a tip off, Pattaya police raided a gay bar in central Pattaya and found 14 boy dancers under the age of 20

Age 20? Yes I get the drugs charge but isn't the legal age 18 to dance in bar? Yes I know you have to be older to buy a drink at a bar. TIT.

I also love the stupid sensationalism of the "journalists" here. Guys in underwear, oh my what a scandal. What did they expect to find at a gay go go bar, 40 year old men in dark business suits?

Of course they should not employ truly underage workers, but articles like this are crimes against good journalism. Typical.

Edited by Jingthing

Outside many a-go-go's, there is a sign in the Thai language that says to effect, "must be at least 20 years old for admittance".

That being said, it really would be informative to know exactly what the law is? It does appear to be regularly bended some?

That whole sunee plaza scene is just nauseous though and has been going-on forever. Who is doing all the procuring? Thais.

Edited by cali4995