Where, How Much For A New Scooter?

drewtown

The very smallest of scooters aren't legal; you can't get a license plate for them. Then one step up is the Vespa's.. They're expensive.

I think a small 100-125 cc 4-stroke motorbike makes the most sense, like the ubiquitous Honda Dream. They're semi automatic, meaning an automatic clutch but they do have 4 gears; very easy to drive and keep their value like a house. They go for around 40K baht.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Just as a rough guidline, I bought the GF a brand new 125cc Honda Wave last year - electric start, semi automatic (can carry up to 5 people and some chickens no problem) also cost THB 40,000 plus THB 2,000 for a years insurance.

Not only that but also got a sh*tty plastic crash helmet and a new electric fan for the house thrown in for free - what a bargain!

Just as a rough guidline, I bought the GF a brand new 125cc Honda Wave last year - electric start, semi automatic (can carry up to 5 people and some chickens no problem) also cost THB 40,000 plus THB 2,000 for a years insurance.

Not only that but also got a sh*tty plastic crash helmet and a new electric fan for the house thrown in for free - what a bargain!

same here, but we got a racing jacket too :o

(bought in surin, honda wave 125r)

Any Honda dealer sells these cheapies; some may be even 30,000 (at least I saw that price tag on a new Suzuki). the clutchless models are quite popular now, but a clutchless 4-speed 100 is slow, so slow it's dangerous.

I know you're not looking for a six-speed 150 sportbike for 62,000 baht, but I'm sure mine has gotten me out of as many tight spots as it's gotten me into, because there's not a scratch yet after 26,800 km of driving like a teenager.

I had a Cushman motor scooter in 1961; horrendously slow and crude.