The Best Indian Restaurant Near Beach Road Is ..?

jingjingna

on a slightly different line there are some excellent frozen ready meal curries in frienship at the mo,, they are 400g anglo indian style made by a company called tropical foods the owner is a mate of mine but im purely replying for the quality of his food the vindaloo and dopiaza are my favs big chunks of tender chicken breast last time i bought a few they were 160bt i think and well worth it too.

Another thread from the grave courtesy of syd.

I have purchased these in Udon and agree that they are good but only in lieu of a regular sit down meal or a decent takeaway Indian of which there's a dearth in Udon.

I still swear by the quality & quantity of food from Ahaar at the 2nd road end of Soi Postoffice.

Thanks to all who responded to my last thread about English breakfasts! I would now like you to share your opinions about the best Indian restaurant in Pattaya, again location again within walking distance of Beach Road.

I have never tried any of the Indian restaurants in Pattaya in the approx two years that I have been here and would love to tuck into a delicious curry...come on guys!

:o

I collected the best recommendations and I am going to visit them all when I come over next week:

ROYAL INDIAN HUT. It is on Pratunmak, South Pattaya, just to the right of the Beverly Hotel

Ahaar - 2nd road end of Soi Post Office ( it's upstairs just past the BJ bars )

Madras Durbar - Past 'Made in Thailand Market' on Second Rd as if going to North Pattaya.

Ravi Da Dhaba on Soi 16 just east of Second Road behind the school and next to the Sikh temple.

Accha on the way to jontiem

Alibaba on Soi 6

NEEROYS CURRY SHOP on Soi Chaiyapoon just off Soi Buakhao N. of the Soi Diana intersection

Anybody tried the "SPICY THAI Restaurant" I believe they sell Indian food as well ?

Edited by Michigan

the Tikka centre on Soi Bukhao which was the worst Tikka Masala I have ever been served

Agreed.

It is a pity about the Tikka Centre (Opposite Soi Honey on Soi Bukhow). When it first opened its doors I used to get a take-away quite regularly, and the food was pretty good. Then all of a sudden it went downhill fast.

Maybe the ownership changed and it all went pear-shaped. I won't return until I read a good report.

the Tikka centre on Soi Bukhao which was the worst Tikka Masala I have ever been served

Agreed.

It is a pity about the Tikka Centre (Opposite Soi Honey on Soi Bukhow). When it first opened its doors I used to get a take-away quite regularly, and the food was pretty good. Then all of a sudden it went downhill fast.

Maybe the ownership changed and it all went pear-shaped. I won't return until I read a good report.

I went there after reading a recommendation here. The food was so-so. The service was terrible. Think I waited about an hour. They were doing a pile of take-outs first and served some other customers first who came in after I did. Of course, their food might have taken less time to prepare. But I won't be going back.

The new place to try now is called ROYAL INDIAN HUT. It is on Pratunmak, South Pattaya, just to the right of the Beverly Hotel. Excellent food, cooked as you like, good prices. For example some of the best tandoor nan in town for 20 baht. Typical curries, 150 baht. Not a dirty dive, excellent modern decor.

Tried it a week or two ago. It was quite acceptable.

Hopefully the Southern Asians from the Beverly Hotel will keep it ticking over and the food fresh.

Agreed.

I went there after reading a recommendation here. The food was so-so. The service was terrible. Think I waited about an hour. They were doing a pile of take-outs first and served some other customers first who came in after I did. Of course, their food might have taken less time to prepare. But I won't be going back.

I totaly agree with the above, I use to frequent the Tikka Centre quite often until the last time i went. The small beer had gone up from 50 bt to 90 bt and i had to wait over an hour for my order, the staff were too busy serving the Indian customers they had to be really bothered with us, and they never even appologised. I have never been since.