2 Passports

Just wondering if someone can advise me.

I have dual citizenship. Australian passport and British passport.

When I travel between Australia and Thailand I always travel on my Aussie passport.

When I go from Australia to the UK, I exit and enter Australia on my Australian passport and enter and exit the UK with my British passport.

For the first time I am going to fly from Thailand to the UK. I noticed in someone elses post that to exit Thailand and to comply with Visa requirements, you must be stamped into and outof another another country.

I will have to leave Thailand on my Australia one as that is the one I used to arrived here on and the one which has my Visa stamped in it. So I would need to use the Australian passprt to return here.

How do I go if I use the British one to enter the UK, as the Aussir one won't show me entering or leaving another country.

My next question for a different scenario If I enter the UK for 6 weeks with my Australian passport would I need a visa?

Hope you can make sense of this.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

You will not have any problem as you arrive by air. The problem with the stamps is only at land borders. Anyway, don't worry. Immigration is used to people with dual natioanlity and handles this kind of cases on a daily base.

you'd better watch out

whether entering by air, sea or land, the immigration will examine your entry and exit stamps.

otherwise, you might end up with more hassle having to do--you know what at the immigration and worse yet miss your scheduled flight.

from personal experience, whatever means you use to enter, exit with the same document to avoid immigration confusion. some immigration officers are very assistive while others will stick to the letters of the law, instead of their intents.

any rate, wish you a very smooth hassle free departure and journey.

you'd better watch out

whether entering by air, sea or land, the immigration will examine your entry and exit stamps.

otherwise, you might end up with more hassle having to do--you know what at the immigration and worse yet miss your scheduled flight.

from personal experience, whatever means you use to enter, exit with the same document to avoid immigration confusion. some immigration officers are very assistive while others will stick to the letters of the law, instead of their intents.

He is using the same passport to enter and leave Thailand and will not have any problems.

you'd better watch out

Australia does not stamp its citizens in or out. Neither does the UK. The UK doesn't stamp out any visitors, whether they are EU or otherwise. How are Thai immigigration going to check stamps then?

To the OP. What Mario suggested is 100% legit and works.

Edited by samran

you'd better watch out

Australia does not stamp its citizens in or out. Neither does the UK. The UK doesn't stamp out any visitors, whether they are EU or otherwise. How are Thai immigigration going to check stamps then?

To the OP. What Mario suggested is 100% legit and works.

--------------------------

neither does us immigration stamp my us passport when entering and exiting....

however, the thai immigration does stamp my us passport both entering and exiting the country.

sorry, if my prior post misled someone.