Sleep Aids - Melatonin

jimmym40

I've had a sleeping problem (just can't get to sleep), staying up all night tossing and turning for many years (7-9 yrs) that I can remember. I tried everything.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to see if anyone can use some 3mg tablets of melatonin. I ordered from the states, tried it for one month and doesn't seem to help.

pm me.

I've had a sleeping problem (just can't get to sleep), staying up all night tossing and turning for many years (7-9 yrs) that I can remember. I tried everything.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to see if anyone can use some 3mg tablets of melatonin. I ordered from the states, tried it for one month and doesn't seem to help.

pm me.

-----------------------------------------------------

sorry to hear about your problem.. I cannot help you medicine-wise, But can tell

you that problem with sleep sometimes (???) can be a sign of a body in disorder.

Have you tried to go on a check up at the hospital?? Via bloodtest and other tests

they can see if you have maybe some other problem, causes your sleepproblem..

Glegolo

pm me.

-----------------------------------------------------

sorry to hear about your problem.. I cannot help you medicine-wise, But can tell

you that problem with sleep sometimes (???) can be a sign of a body in disorder.

Have you tried to go on a check up at the hospital?? Via bloodtest and other tests

they can see if you have maybe some other problem, causes your sleepproblem..

Glegolo

I too have suffered through this problem for years and like glegolo has mentioned, you need to seek out some medical advise.

I tried melatonin, worked for a short while and sometimes would knock me out, but then it just stopped working.

Could only sleep sometimes for 1 to 3 hours a night after tossing all around the bed for hours.

After self medicating for years, I went to see a doc.

Diagnosed with PTSD and was prescribed a real sleep aid. Lunesta. Googled it and it scared me to death, so I stopped it. But, that's just me.

I feel your "pain".

Please, seek out a doc..as I have learned, there are underlying issues involed.

Good luck from a fellow non sleeper.

As the motto of the 160th SOAR says.." We rule the night" :)

Hi, I used to have insomnia, and tried most things.

You can get Xanax here, over the counter, (some places), they work great mostly

Otherwise you might try zorpidem/ambien/stilnox, but you'll need a prescription

{unless you go to Phnom Penh or Vientiane)

I have read that some people have sleepwalked, sleepdriving,sleepsex etc with them,

but it's never been a problem for me

and they're non addictive

chokdee

I have read that some people have sleepwalked, sleepdriving,sleepsex etc with them,

chokdee

I have had an insomnia problem for many years .Now I am retired its not a huge problem as I do not have to function at 100% early next morning.

I have tried Xanax but for me it did not kick in until early morning after retiring at 10pm and then next day I was in zombie mode. I think we are all different ,what works for one has no effect for another. I admire people who can meditate and I have frankly been to lazy to take the time to learn the art. I have heard from friends that a huge no of younger people ,especialy in the States are resorting to the likes of Xanax and other prescription medecines in the belief it will help them to get through their lives.Now if so thats a huge problem for society

I take stilnox. Its good stuff but has many side affects for some, such as late nite drives whilst sleeping (generally that goes on un-noticed in Bkk) and eating whilst sleeping.....but it puts you to sleep. Comes in two different sizes, 10mg or 12.5mg slow release, you will need a doctors paper tho.

I take stilnox. Its good stuff but has many side affects for some, such as late nite drives whilst sleeping (generally that goes on un-noticed in Bkk) and eating whilst sleeping.....but it puts you to sleep. Comes in two different sizes, 10mg or 12.5mg slow release, you will need a doctors paper tho.

---------------------------

hahaha what a mess!!!

glegolo :)

chokdee

You probably don't get enough exercise

but it's never been a problem for me,

chokdee

Myself having been perscribed zopiclone (same generic family), I can attest to some of the scarey side effects. ie: building of tollerance to it, sleep driving, next day drouzziness, addiction, adverse reaction to alcohol, adverse reaction to caffine.

I aggree with the other posters in that it would be in OP best interest to see a reputable doctor and test for any underlying problem.

For me; a small dose (20mg) of Amatriptaline in the evening every night seems to help. I have other underlying health issues, so may not be advisable for others to take it.

but it's never been a problem for me,

chokdee

Thanks for all the replies. To answer some responses, I do get a complete blood workup every six months. I also have high cholesteral, so must get tests done every six months.

I know many people have trouble with sleeping issues. I've posted about six months ago on the subject. Different medicines work for different people. There is no "one" cure all.

And I do exercise, 4 days a week, one hour each, plus a short walk nightly.

I guess I'll try increasing my melatonin to 6 mg a day.

Myself having been perscribed zopiclone (same generic family), I can attest to some of the scarey side effects. ie: building of tollerance to it, sleep driving, next day drouzziness, addiction, adverse reaction to alcohol, adverse reaction to caffine.

I aggree with the other posters in that it would be in OP best interest to see a reputable doctor and test for any underlying problem.

For me; a small dose (20mg) of Amatriptaline in the evening every night seems to help. I have other underlying health issues, so may not be advisable for others to take it.