Thaksin's " Big Surprise " Still A Secret

sriracha john

On the contrary, since the Democrat Party assimilate the new government body, the daily basis of most southern's victims had been rising steadily. Its unethical that the same NGOs which heavily condemn Taksin had never come out to criticize on Abhisit at all. I am very skeptical on this very fact.

For one things, some of the above NGOs are headed by publicly known 'personal and hardcore' enemy of Taksin, of elite backgrounds.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the contrary, since the Democrat Party assimilate the new government body, the daily basis of most southern's victims had been rising steadily.

I'd be interested in seeing your proof of that unproven assertion...as any number of other threads devoted to that topic have shown it to be untrue.

the surprise will be that there will be NO surprise

This ass is only trying to keep people talking about him

Hate to tell you guys this but the rest of the world pretty much thinks that Thaskin was ousted illegally and the current governement is an illegal one. Thailand lost this battle long ago. The average person outside Thailand just sees a government that wasn't freely elected over a government that was (and had ties to Thaskin) elected after a military coup ousted a governemnt that was elected by a Thai majority...now I'm confused. Putting 'fugitivie' before his name doesn't help the cause as the world doesn't see the media in Thailand as free but as being controlled by the state. I'm not saying this is true but everyone I talked to who asked me thinks this. Somehow, they lost the media battle.

Shock, horror! Where do you get your information from. The rest of the world don't give a toss about Thailand, which is a third world country in SEA. You talk like it's a major world player. I seriously doubt that the majority of the rest of the world even know where it is.

Cheers, Rick

I know, Thaksin is going to let us all know that he is really a woman, and has been masquerading as a man all these years. He'll be dressed in 5 inch stiletto heels and a black mini, and he'll be surrounded by his "agent" Charlerm.

Hate to tell you guys this but the rest of the world pretty much thinks that Thaskin was ousted illegally and the current governement is an illegal one. Thailand lost this battle long ago. The average person outside Thailand just sees a government that wasn't freely elected over a government that was (and had ties to Thaskin) elected after a military coup ousted a governemnt that was elected by a Thai majority...now I'm confused. Putting 'fugitivie' before his name doesn't help the cause as the world doesn't see the media in Thailand as free but as being controlled by the state. I'm not saying this is true but everyone I talked to who asked me thinks this. Somehow, they lost the media battle.

Shock, horror! Where do you get your information from. The rest of the world don't give a toss about Thailand, which is a third world country in SEA. You talk like it's a major world player. I seriously doubt that the majority of the rest of the world even know where it is.

Cheers, Rick

The rest of the world, those without a direct interest in Thailand, have no F'ing idea who Thaksin is.

He has nothing in store but utter blah blah blah initiated by his spinning PR machine.

By all means stay in the spotlight! A hero turned zero - thats something he can't swallow!

So lets spill some blah blah blah which makes people guessing...

Panem et circensis

Well said. A poster who always allows common sense to prevail unlike that other poster who simply is a TOXIN TROLL :) .

It would be great to see an honest politician in Thailand, but I for one won't be holding my breath :D

There is no such thing as an honest politician - anywhere.

They will tell lies or be economical with the truth to suit their own ends only. It is just that some are more tolerable than others.

Edited by whatawonderfulday

I know, Thaksin is going to let us all know that he is really a woman, and has been masquerading as a man all these years. He'll be dressed in 5 inch stiletto heels and a black mini, and he'll be surrounded by his "agent" Charlerm.

Where's one of the photo shop experts when you need them? :)

If there are no sand storms here in Thailand why is your head entrenched up your anus...

Very clever, and so pro-Thaksin. I'm convinced.

>>>>

There will be no surprise. Thaksin is simply building anticipation for his 60th birthday, being the fifth twelve year old cycle, it's very important, he needs everyone's attention, he needs to validate his importance.

If there are no sand storms here in Thailand why is your head entrenched up your anus...

Very clever, and so pro-Thaksin. I'm convinced.

>>>>

There will be no surprise. Thaksin is simply building anticipation for his 60th birthday, being the fifth twelve year old cycle, it's very important, he needs everyone's attention, he needs to validate his importance.

just a guess....and therefore he might offer peace to his opponents! The Greatest PR Stunt on Earth! I wouldn't put it past him.

Edited by webfact

That's the nature of the beast - democracy. To survive politicians have to be popular with a large number of people, and those people have a wide diversity of interests and beliefs - keeping them all reasonably happy is a juggling act that sometimes requires saying or doing things a politician might not truly believe in. A politician who refused to do so and who rigidly stuck to their own beliefs would most likely find themselves out of a job. Politics is about diplomacy and sometimes compromise.

I think the mature, educated voting population understand this concept and have no qualms about a few untruths here and there from those they elect. What isn't acceptable however is criminality, abusing power and putting your own interests ahead of the country... step forward Mr Thaksin.

That's the nature of the beast - democracy. To survive politicians have to be popular with a large number of people, and those people have a wide diversity of interests and beliefs - keeping them all reasonably happy is a juggling act that sometimes requires saying or doing things a politician might not truly believe in. A politician who refused to do so and who rigidly stuck to their own beliefs would most likely find themselves out of a job. Politics is about diplomacy and sometimes compromise.

I think the mature, educated voting population understand this concept and have no qualms about a few untruths here and there from those they elect. What isn't acceptable however is criminality, abusing power and putting your own interests ahead of the country... step forward Mr Thaksin.

Good post rix,i agree 99%

we have a saying behind the mountain where i'm from

Steal as apple=go to jail

Steal a billion=run for elections :)

Please tell me if there is a country where the military heavily intervene with politics and the freedom of rights, economy and wellfare of the citizens still relatively fine.

Don't bring on Gross National Hapiness for one thing.

Also, i don't get it why the moderator isn't neutral, considering he use the word Toxin.

Edited by emancipationthailand

Please tell me if there is a country where the military heavily intervene with politics and the freedom of rights, economy and wellfare of the citizens still relatively fine.

Don't bring on Gross National Hapiness for one thing.

Also, i don't get it why the moderator isn't neutral, considering he use the word Toxin.

Look at the context that it was used in. :)

BTW my understanding is that mods are able to express their own opinion as a poster if they so wish, however on moderation issues they are neutral. Don't try and muddy the waters.

Hate to tell you guys this but the rest of the world pretty much thinks that /../ the current governement is an illegal one.

Please name countries that states this or large newspaper that states this.

So the mod doesn't have the neutral stances with Thai politics? Fine by me. I respect that.

It's just unusual to me for the mod to reveal who's side he's on when the forum is clearly devided, just like Thailand.

^^

Kudo to that.

Actually there have been several polls conducted in several TV threads, and the forum isn't that divided. More than 60% support the current governement, as being the best for Thailand at this point in time. Its only a few rabid red shirts who make it appear that there is a bigger divide than there is.

Please tell me if there is a country where the military heavily intervene with politics <snip>

I don't think anyone who believes in democracy would say they would be happy about military intervention in politics, but where opinions seem to differ is on what grounds a coup is acceptable. For some the answer is never - even if the country is being plundered by it's leader who has guaranteed his survival at the polls by using every underhand trick and bribe in the book. These people seem happy for things to play themselves out, no matter how many years, decades that may take, because to them even a democratic system that is being twisted and abused is better than removing democracy altogether.

I'm not of this opinion. I believe there are rare occasions when a coup is required. 2006 being one of those times. I actually don't think the military wanted to have to involve themselves, but Thaksin had taken the country down a road from which there was no return - certainly not all the while he stayed in power. Thaksin is to blame for the coup, nobody else. Had he been running the country properly and serving the interests of the people, not that of his friends and family, a coup could and would never have happened.

Hate to tell you guys this but the rest of the world pretty much thinks that /../ the current governement is an illegal one.

As you has requested. ^^ Please feel free to reflect on this then, Taksin haters.

Generals keep their hands on levers of power

7/03/2009 12:00:01 AM (canberratimes.com.au)

The Red Shirts had gathered at Sanam Luang, or Royal Field, the ancient ceremonial site that sprawls before the Grand Palace in Bangkok.

"We are marching to Government House," a speaker declared, revving up the members of the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship, a group loyal to the ousted former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra. "The military has already seized it."

Inside the Government House compound, 18 military units were in place, waiting with understated menace behind police lines.

No one would argue with the army's right to defend the seat of Thai democratic power from a mob. But late last year when the pro-monarchy People's Alliance for Democracy, dressed in the royallist yellow colour, stormed and occupied the same compound, and shut the country's two busiest airports, the army made no move to defend government interests.

General Anupong Paochinda, the head of the army, went so far as to say: "I am not a soldier of the Government. The army belongs to the Thai public. I can't channel it to serve as anybody's private army."

The democratically elected government, without the support of the security forces, collapsed within months.

"The military many times make coups," one Red Shirt protester, Malesh, said. "They are still behind all the governments except the government of Thaksin."

Eighteen times since 1932, the end of absolute monarchy, the army has intervened - most recently in 2006, when the generals ousted Thaksin.

However, coups are not what they used to be. The military has learnt more can be achieved one step back from the levers of power: it wants the world to believe it has retired to barracks and left Thailand to the mercy of politicians.

The new Prime Minister, Abhisit Vejjajiva, has made no public appearances with General Anupong since taking power. He is a reassuring figure for the West, speaking of change and the importance of democratic rule. There is only one problem: he resoundingly lost the 2007 election and gained power only with the assistance of the military.

Mr Abhisit's fragile coalition government was cobbled together only after General Anupong did some serious arm-twisting of pro-Thaksin MPs.

In an interview with the Herald, Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd, the army spokesman, sought to downplay this influence. "With forming the government coalition, many political parties came to us and asked for our opinion, creating the impression the army was the institution behind the forming of the government. This was not the case."

A Western diplomat based in Bangkok was more blunt. "The military is on the front line of politics here; no government in the forseeable future of either side will be free of their influence," he said. "They have a significant role in security, politics and economy - and that is no different under Abhisit."

Behind the scenes, General Prem Tinsulanonda, the head of the Privy Council, a former army chief and long-time prime minister, is widely regarded as Thailand's second most influential man, behind the monarch. General Anupong, the current Thai Army chief, is arguably No. 3. Only then comes Mr Abhisit.

Before 2006, the army had been steadily losing influence, damaged by a coup in 1991 that ended in ignominy after bloody clashes left hundreds dead. Its funding under democratically elected governments plummeted.

But the national budget tells the story of its resurgence. Since the 2006 coup, and with Thaksin gone, its allocation has almost doubled from 88 billion baht ($3.8 billion) in 2006 to 167 billion baht in 2009.

Colonel Sansern said everyone learnt a lesson from last year's airport disruptions. "The army made an experiment, to test the system, to see if the government mechanism could solve the problem." Asked whether it had worked, he nodded towards a closed-circuit TV feed of the Red Shirts surrounding Government House. "What do you think?"

In this climate, the space for dissent is becoming increasingly constrained. The lese majeste law, which forbids insulting the royal family, has become a key instrument for control.

There are 117 Thais facing lese majeste charges.

"This is going to last a long time," Thitinan Pongsudhirak, director of Chulalongkorn University's Institute of Security and International Studies, said. "There is a climate of fear and paranoia which will last for years, not weeks or months.

"The middle ground has vanished in Thai society. There is polarisation and confrontation, there is a greater likelihood of clashes. The two sides are entrenched. The question for Abhisit is, can he hold it together?"

As you has requested. ^^ Please feel free to reflect on this then, Taksin haters.

Generals keep their hands on levers of power

7/03/2009 12:00:01 AM (canberratimes.com.au)

The Red Shirts had gathered at Sanam Luang, or Royal Field, the ancient ceremonial site that sprawls before the Grand Palace in Bangkok.

"We are marching to Government House," a speaker declared, revving up the members of the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship, a group loyal to the ousted former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra. "The military has already seized it."

Inside the Government House compound, 18 military units were in place, waiting with understated menace behind police lines.

No one would argue with the army's right to defend the seat of Thai democratic power from a mob. But late last year when the pro-monarchy People's Alliance for Democracy, dressed in the royallist yellow colour, stormed and occupied the same compound, and shut the country's two busiest airports, the army made no move to defend government interests.

General Anupong Paochinda, the head of the army, went so far as to say: "I am not a soldier of the Government. The army belongs to the Thai public. I can't channel it to serve as anybody's private army."

The democratically elected government, without the support of the security forces, collapsed within months.

"The military many times make coups," one Red Shirt protester, Malesh, said. "They are still behind all the governments except the government of Thaksin."

Eighteen times since 1932, the end of absolute monarchy, the army has intervened - most recently in 2006, when the generals ousted Thaksin.

However, coups are not what they used to be. The military has learnt more can be achieved one step back from the levers of power: it wants the world to believe it has retired to barracks and left Thailand to the mercy of politicians.

The new Prime Minister, Abhisit Vejjajiva, has made no public appearances with General Anupong since taking power. He is a reassuring figure for the West, speaking of change and the importance of democratic rule. There is only one problem: he resoundingly lost the 2007 election and gained power only with the assistance of the military.

Mr Abhisit's fragile coalition government was cobbled together only after General Anupong did some serious arm-twisting of pro-Thaksin MPs.

In an interview with the Herald, Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd, the army spokesman, sought to downplay this influence. "With forming the government coalition, many political parties came to us and asked for our opinion, creating the impression the army was the institution behind the forming of the government. This was not the case."

A Western diplomat based in Bangkok was more blunt. "The military is on the front line of politics here; no government in the forseeable future of either side will be free of their influence," he said. "They have a significant role in security, politics and economy - and that is no different under Abhisit."

Behind the scenes, General Prem Tinsulanonda, the head of the Privy Council, a former army chief and long-time prime minister, is widely regarded as Thailand's second most influential man, behind the monarch. General Anupong, the current Thai Army chief, is arguably No. 3. Only then comes Mr Abhisit.

Before 2006, the army had been steadily losing influence, damaged by a coup in 1991 that ended in ignominy after bloody clashes left hundreds dead. Its funding under democratically elected governments plummeted.

But the national budget tells the story of its resurgence. Since the 2006 coup, and with Thaksin gone, its allocation has almost doubled from 88 billion baht ($3.8 billion) in 2006 to 167 billion baht in 2009.

Colonel Sansern said everyone learnt a lesson from last year's airport disruptions. "The army made an experiment, to test the system, to see if the government mechanism could solve the problem." Asked whether it had worked, he nodded towards a closed-circuit TV feed of the Red Shirts surrounding Government House. "What do you think?"

In this climate, the space for dissent is becoming increasingly constrained. The lese majeste law, which forbids insulting the royal family, has become a key instrument for control.

There are 117 Thais facing lese majeste charges.

"This is going to last a long time," Thitinan Pongsudhirak, director of Chulalongkorn University's Institute of Security and International Studies, said. "There is a climate of fear and paranoia which will last for years, not weeks or months.

"The middle ground has vanished in Thai society. There is polarisation and confrontation, there is a greater likelihood of clashes. The two sides are entrenched. The question for Abhisit is, can he hold it together?"

Hey Spanky, can't you check the spacing before you post something. It takes about 20 seconds to correct...

Current government is considered legal under Thailand and by all nations on earth,

except the red shirt Thaksinland nation.

The worlds see Thailand with a functioning government.

The LAST elected government before this one was PPP and it cheated in the elections and were disolved.

Thai law before and after the coup allowed other parties to form a government based on votes of elected MP's

in the absense of the largest vote getting party being able to do so.

PPP and PTP, which was NOT elected as a party could not. End of story.

The coup did not oust a winning party.

The TRT win was thrown out by Thaksin himself.

He disolved parliament and called for a snap election.

Then his team cheated via rigged Election Commision malfeasance.

TRT was banned and the

CARE TAKER PM was told not to return home just yet.

There was NO ELECTED GOVERNMENT IN THAILAND AT THE TIME OF THE COUP.

Putting "fugative" before his name doesn't aid a cause it just tells the truth,

he is a fiugative from justice rendered in open court and is SELF exiled.

He was alowed to return to Thailand, which he did multiple times UNTIL

The wife was convicted for securities fruad and perjury and

he was about to lose his Rachadapisk case... so he absconded.

He IS a fugitive in the eyes of the world.

Except for LM and certain lible issues the media is quite free in Thailand.

In most case it is a divided and baised as the country at the moment.

The media is less cowed and intimidated and sued into submission by far from the Thaksin days.

Thaksin was the master at controling the media.

And that goes a LOOOOONNNGGGG way to explain why they dislike him.

They clearly remember having to work under his thumb.

But hey, there is no ending of the spurious commentaries here,

why would the TRUTH be expected regularly here,

except in rebuttle to propaganda diatribes.

Also, i don't think you know about the advocate role of the general that did the coup in 1991 to support Abhisit neither, nor how well he was awarded. Or the mass killings cases the generals of the 2006 coup directly involved as well. ( 5 - 8 years ago)

Thats good! When you have no rebuttal just use misdirection! You have learned from the master himself!

In the meantime, ill be waiting for your carefully crafted response to Animatic's statements.

Also, i don't think you know about the advocate role of the general that did the coup in 1991 to support Abhisit neither, nor how well he was awarded. Or the mass killings cases the generals of the 2006 coup directly involved as well. ( 5 - 8 years ago)

As an aside, as you like to throw smoke bombs, could you clarify more on Thaksin's alleged human rights abuses?

"Current government is considered legal under Thailand and by all nations on earth,

The LAST elected government before this one was PPP and it cheated in the elections and were disolved.

Thai law before and after the coup allowed other parties to form a government based on votes of elected MP's

TRT was banned and the

The media is less cowed and intimidated and sued into submission by far from the Thaksin days.

except in rebuttle to propaganda diatribes."

Please rewrite your criticisms again for i'm sure he meant that the legal(ligitimate) govt came from the General Election only. Of course, that general election which the Democratic Party loss also under supervision of the EC which was appointed during the military occupation period.

Word of advice, other people please search for information about all general elections and how the Democratic Party had been doing, both when not getting majority elected and rarely when it actually won the majority. (I think it's happen no more than twice during the long 60 years of the Democratic Party)

"Current government is considered legal under Thailand and by all nations on earth,

TRT was banned and the

Please rewrite your criticisms again for i'm sure he meant that the legal(ligitimate) govt came from the General Election only. Of course, that general election which the Democratic Party loss also under supervision of the EC which was appointed during the military occupation period.

Word of advice, other people please search for information about all general elections and how the Democratic Party had been doing, both when not getting majority elected and rarely when it actually won the majority. (I think it's happen no more than twice during the long 60 years of the Democratic Party)

You need to rewrite yours first, to form a coherent statement. Then someone can start to respond to you.

As an aside, as you like to throw smoke bombs, could you clarify more on Thaksin's alleged human rights abuses?

Do go around in circle, you ought to reflect on the article first.

So the previous govt use tear-gas bombs to suppress the demonstrations and became the ftrst country in the world ever to be able to fully exploit the power of tear-gas bomb by tearing off few limbs with a few fatality and the Abhisit govt was heavily praise to suppress the demonstrations by using guns (war class) with rubber bullets. (Strange the gun use both live rounds and rubber rounds without having to switch the magazines)

Now, please go back to reflect the article first. Don't change the subject yet along with accomplices, if any.

TRT was banned and the

You need to rewrite yours first, to form a coherent statement. Then someone can start to respond to you.

My point is ligitimate government shoud came from the General Election. Hope you'd have mercy on me.