Thaksin's " Big Surprise " Still A Secret

sriracha john

'The former prime minister had announced his plans for a big surprise because he was afraid that the people would forget him now that Prime Minister Abhist Vejjajiva's popularity had risen after his visit to Buriram.'

Just about says it all really. He must be feeling very lonely being on the outside looking in.

Cheers, Rick

I disagree with you totally. In fact Thai people has never forgotten Thaksin, especially people who has received or benifit from many good things he has done for the country.

The longer Abhisit is in, the clearer people can see who is the better priminister. Did you think that Abhisit's visit to Burirum was a success? With nearly 5,000 police and army protecting him against 500 protester, what a pathetic!!!. :)

Obviously Thaksin thought it was a success or he would not have made the above statement. Have you ever tried reading through a thread before replying to the posts. Hey works for me.

Rick

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'The former prime minister had announced his plans for a big surprise because he was afraid that the people would forget him now that Prime Minister Abhist Vejjajiva's popularity had risen after his visit to Buriram.'

Just about says it all really. He must be feeling very lonely being on the outside looking in.

Cheers, Rick

I disagree with you totally. In fact Thai people has never forgotten Thaksin, especially people who has received or benifit from many good things he has done for the country.

The longer Abhisit is in, the clearer people can see who is the better priminister. Did you think that Abhisit's visit to Burirum was a success? With nearly 5,000 police and army protecting him against 500 protester, what a pathetic!!!. :)

Actually those 500 protesters were held at bay by Blue Shirts,

and the Red Shirts apologized for invading Buri Ram to cause trouble.

Considering the levels of violence historically done by the minority Red Shirt mobs,

it was prudent to guard Abhisit well. As ANY politician would be when going into

potential hostile areas. Not that ALL persons in thatb area are hostile towards him.

But enough VIOLENT ones are to take precautions It was a success,

but not for you because you only want Thaksin back,

not what is CURRENTLY best for Thailand.

As to what Thaksin may have done in the past, 3+ years past, may or may not be true,

you are living in the past and not looking towards the future.

What he has done for the country recently is foment insurrection and street violence.

And create the greatest divide this country has ever seen. After he stole from all

the THAI PEOPLE via policy corruption and the worst levels of cronyism.

The longer Abhisit is in, the clearer it becomes to many people, that he is on the job,

and moving forward in spite of great masses of problems invcluding an world economic collapse.

He is doing not just talking. And raising 43 million baht to PTPs 12 mil.

Well you come in with a scathing first post, wearing your heart on your sleeve.

Obviously the only reason your joined was to defend Thaksin against the dastardly farang harangs.

Too bad your passion isn't coupled with open mindedness, and logical extrapolation from todays facts,

rather than solely from wishful thinking about days gone bye.

I used to like Thaksin, but his own words and actions turned that around...

not the media commentators, but his OWN QUOTES AND DEEDS.

Can you explain why so many farangs dislike him? Why is this so?

Do you think we are ALL too stupid to have our own minds

and are ONLY lead around by some "English language media'?

So far, i have only seen news from the royalist Nation and Bangkok Post on the News Clipping. To make it fare, i insist that this forum need to see the news in Thai politics from WashingtonPost and Asia Sentinal, which are the opposite from Nation and Bangkok Post.

Now, only let's the time slip away to see the emancipation of the deprived nation.

Also, i'm totally don't believe that the opinions in this forum (news clipping on political news) alone is the sole representation of farangs' sentiment against Taksin.

It's also very weird to not being skeptical as well. Why can't a country infested with coup as Thailand be secretly contolled by the dictator's network, considering the junta always got away from punishment in Thailand.

Edited by emancipationthailand

So far, i have only seen news from the royalist Nation and Bangkok Post on the News Clipping. To make it fare, i insist that this forum need to see the news in Thai politics from WashingtonPost and Asia Sentinal, which are the opposite from Nation and Bangkok Post.

Now, only let's the time slip away to see the emancipation of the deprived nation.

Also, i'm totally don't believe that the opinions in this forum (news clipping on political news) alone is the sole representation of farangs' sentiment against Taksin.

It's also very weird to not being skeptical as well. Why can't a country infested with coup as Thailand be secretly contolled by the dictator's network, considering the junta always got away from punishment in Thailand.

Feel free to post them yourself.... I'll hold my breath...

He urged Thaksin to stop any movements that could create hostility in Thailand. He gave an analogy that if the head stops moving, the tail will too, and then peace can be restored.

Best statement yet.

This is what it all boils down to.

Thaksin has every right to challenge the continuing involvement of the Privy Council and the Military in Thai politics.

Technically, because of his conviction, he does not have that right!

Of course, Thaksin inspires many poor and rural Thais and things were clearly better when he was in power, though I don't think Abhisit is completely to blame for that. Being a social liberal, I find that Thaksin is clearly more palatable than the yellower more rightist elite alternative. It would be nice if someone else had the power to oppose this evil elite machine, but for now there's only Thaksin. Bring him on!

Wake up!

Keep playing those instruments in harmony you Farangs. It sounds so sweet and so compromised.

Well Khun Thai, you don't have to like it - there are other Farangs (as you say) who so support your dear leader. It's just that not everyone has a sheep like mentality in following either one or the other. As much as you may not like it, there are a significant number of Farangs/Aliens here who are working and paying taxes, so don't see no reason why we can't comment on what is going on. You might not like it Khun Thai, but it's called freedom of speech, whereby accepting that all public figures are open to criticism. I can't recall that Thaksin was ever an upholder of freedom of speech when it didn't suit him, or maybe I was mistaken.

At the moment, the country is in stalemate, as all the greedy politicians edge to get there noses in the trough, without giving a <deleted> about the majority of Thai's - that goes for all sides concerned.

No need to expound so thoroughly, Mr. Toad.

He's no more Thai than you or I or the man in the moon.

Insight has it pegged right (as usual)....

HvT's/Permanent_Disorder's :)

Any of our resident Thaksin lovers are going to walk around with Thaksin's mask themselves?

If there are no sand storms here in Thailand why is your head entrenched up your anus. Comments like the above the above just reflect how little you know about Thailand. I personally dont like him but everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

For his own ends admittedly, he is the only politician to help the less well off and the poor dont forget that. Now you have a muppet controlled by the privvy. I know which I prefer as an expat.

Cheers, Rick

Rowena, if thaksin actually said this :

then it is Thaksin who feels it was a success, feels his power threatened and has subsequently been moved to launch a big surprise for the people

how you interpret the success of the visit and the protection Abhisit needed doesn't really matter

Thaksin felt threatened by it and as you seem to support him, shouldn't you tow the official line of the big red boss?

Rick

I don't believe that Thaksin would say exactly: "he plans for a big surprise because he was afraid that the people would forget him now that Prime Minister Abhist Vejjajiva's popularity had risen after his visit to Buriram". Apparently in the Thai newspaper, this quote was the criticism from Democrat Party. Hence, he doesn't feel threatened. I support him because he had done many good things for the country, although I do not benefit from his many initiatives for the poor. And most of all, I do not accept injustice or double standards that are happening in this country. And he is not my boss, may be you have been living in Thailand too long, and you adapt a behavior like yellow shirt.

Cheers, Rick

Actually those 500 protesters were held at bay by Blue Shirts,

and the Red Shirts apologized for invading Buri Ram to cause trouble.

Considering the levels of violence historically done by the minority Red Shirt mobs,

it was prudent to guard Abhisit well. As ANY politician would be when going into

potential hostile areas. Not that ALL persons in thatb area are hostile towards him.

But enough VIOLENT ones are to take precautions It was a success,

but not for you because you only want Thaksin back,

not what is CURRENTLY best for Thailand.

As to what Thaksin may have done in the past, 3+ years past, may or may not be true,

you are living in the past and not looking towards the future.

What he has done for the country recently is foment insurrection and street violence.

And create the greatest divide this country has ever seen. After he stole from all

the THAI PEOPLE via policy corruption and the worst levels of cronyism.

The longer Abhisit is in, the clearer it becomes to many people, that he is on the job,

and moving forward in spite of great masses of problems invcluding an world economic collapse.

He is doing not just talking. And raising 43 million baht to PTPs 12 mil.

Well you come in with a scathing first post, wearing your heart on your sleeve.

Obviously the only reason your joined was to defend Thaksin against the dastardly farang harangs.

Too bad your passion isn't coupled with open mindedness, and logical extrapolation from todays facts,

rather than solely from wishful thinking about days gone bye.

I used to like Thaksin, but his own words and actions turned that around...

not the media commentators, but his OWN QUOTES AND DEEDS.

Can you explain why so many farangs dislike him? Why is this so?

Do you think we are ALL too stupid to have our own minds

and are ONLY lead around by some "English language media'?

"Can you explain why so many Farangs dislike him?".....Hmmmm, let me think......Animatic is in the Bassoon section I think. Gotta make sure I spell that right, and make sure I have that song sheet right side up!

Ah yes. Argumentum ad hominem, right on schedule!

Deflect and obscure, Equivocation rears it's snout and howls at the moon.

Keep playing those instruments in harmony you Farangs. It sounds so sweet and so compromised.

Well Khun Thai, you don't have to like it - there are other Farangs (as you say) who so support your dear leader. It's just that not everyone has a sheep like mentality in following either one or the other. As much as you may not like it, there are a significant number of Farangs/Aliens here who are working and paying taxes, so don't see no reason why we can't comment on what is going on. You might not like it Khun Thai, but it's called freedom of speech, whereby accepting that all public figures are open to criticism. I can't recall that Thaksin was ever an upholder of freedom of speech when it didn't suit him, or maybe I was mistaken.

At the moment, the country is in stalemate, as all the greedy politicians edge to get there noses in the trough, without giving a <deleted> about the majority of Thai's - that goes for all sides concerned.

No need to expound so thoroughly, Mr. Toad.

He's no more Thai than you or I or the man in the moon.

Insight has it pegged right (as usual)....

HvT's/Permanent_Disorder's :)

Anyone regularly checking IP address on this character?

Certainly seems to pick the same ole fights with the same others.

And appeared right on schedule.

So far there hasn't been a complete regression into older styles,

but what the hey there's time, and the pay is great!

Of course, Thaksin inspires many poor and rural Thais and things were clearly better when he was in power, though I don't think Abhisit is completely to blame for that. Being a social liberal, I find that Thaksin is clearly more palatable than the yellower more rightist elite alternative. It would be nice if someone else had the power to oppose this evil elite machine, but for now there's only Thaksin. Bring him on!

Wake up!

'Wake Up' Oh No not another one and you live in my part of the country. You see the poverty on a daily basis and you dont understand why they are poor. Its not about Thaksin as I have said before. Its about political awareness and the the poor are becoming more aware as they see their leader tackle those that ensure they stay poor.

Thaksin is only a vehicle for these people to vent their anger on the establishment and rightly so. If the 'meek inherit the earth' thaksin will then become surplus to requirements. The ruling classes are petrified of this man bcos his actions threaten their false status and wealth. Also the 'know your place society' we call Thailand, that has been cultivated by the elite for many years is under serious threat. Why do you think its about uniforms here and not the people in the uniforms. Bcos most people in uniforms here should not be p155ed on if on fire. They are merely a buffer that is not to be questioned by the poor.

Once that buffer is scraped away we are getting very close to the power brokers.

Remember Mr T trying to privatise Egat..did you ever think why. Control the power shut down the country. Privatise it in to small chunks and that does not happen. Remember the yellow shirts finding Egat workers to shut off power to that police station in BKK. Who are they loyal to?

Thaksin Ensuring Government workers could get cheap rate loans..obviously to buy favour with them. Who sat in at the airport..middle class teachers, government workers etc. The same ones Taksin was trying to provide with cheap loans.

Taksin trying to bring in individual assessment for teachers. In effect turning them against each other and breaking their loyalty to each other.

Are you getting the picture yet

Why is it that there are way too many of these grades of workers passing paper around in the office. Why are these the groups of workers that steadfastly wear matching t shirts on different days.

I cannot say anymore bcos I could end up in the clink. Please if you are going to live here try to understand your enviroment

As the first poster said' Taksin Bring him On'

Cheers, Rick

Rowena, if thaksin actually said this :

then it is Thaksin who feels it was a success, feels his power threatened and has subsequently been moved to launch a big surprise for the people

how you interpret the success of the visit and the protection Abhisit needed doesn't really matter

Thaksin felt threatened by it and as you seem to support him, shouldn't you tow the official line of the big red boss?

Rick

I don't believe that Thaksin would say exactly: "he plans for a big surprise because he was afraid that the people would forget him now that Prime Minister Abhist Vejjajiva's popularity had risen after his visit to Buriram". Apparently in the Thai newspaper, this quote was the criticism from Democrat Party. Hence, he doesn't feel threatened. I support him because he had done many good things for the country, although I do not benefit from his many initiatives for the poor. And most of all, I do not accept injustice or double standards that are happening in this country. And he is not my boss, may be you have been living in Thailand too long, and you adapt a behavior like yellow shirt.

Yes the war on drugs is particularly memorable especially for the families of the victims. Why do you assume that just because I post a line from a factual article that I would support the Democrats? Given that being a farang I don't have any say in the matter anyway, but in my opinion Thaksin's return to the country as Prime Minister would be a disaster for Thailand. Like it or not he is a convicted criminal on the run. You will also find that in the future his supporters will be bought just as he bought them. Thais can be very fickle where money is concerned.

Rick

the surprise will be that there will be NO surprise

This ass is only trying to keep people talking about him

Hate to tell you guys this but the rest of the world pretty much thinks that Thaskin was ousted illegally and the current governement is an illegal one. Thailand lost this battle long ago. The average person outside Thailand just sees a government that wasn't freely elected over a government that was (and had ties to Thaskin) elected after a military coup ousted a governemnt that was elected by a Thai majority...now I'm confused. Putting 'fugitivie' before his name doesn't help the cause as the world doesn't see the media in Thailand as free but as being controlled by the state. I'm not saying this is true but everyone I talked to who asked me thinks this. Somehow, they lost the media battle.

Someone to keep us guessing

**email removed per forum rules**

Published on July 24, 2009

Newsrooms are being filled with educated as well as simply clueless guesses about the "big surprise" being planned for ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's 60th birthday celebrations in various provinces. Here is a summary of all the theories we have heard:

1. There will be some sort of a major announcement. A scenario, brought up by a Pheu Thai Party MP, has Thaksin declaring that he has "forgiven everyone" and is carrying no more grudges. He will say that it is time national reconciliation started, but that it wouldn't be possible until one of the key coalition parties makes the first move.

2. There will be a jaw-dropping state-of-the-art video linkage that will make his well-wishers feel as if he were "there" in person. (Imagine Princess Leia in "Star Wars" being beamed up for Luke Skywalker by R2-D2.)

3. A combination of the two: a state-of-the-art link-up in which Thaksin hopes for peace in his motherland.

4. He delivers a shocking speech declaring that he will return to acknowledge his punishment, serve his jail term and then launch a political comeback. (This idea came from an entertainment beat reporter, seriously!)

5. A gigantic gimmick designed to embarrass his opponents, probably in the form of remote-controlled projects related to the economy. Many people believe this could possibly be true because the "big surprise" would be more about substance than form. Moreover, it fits the circumstances when news of the "big surprise" first broke. At that time, Thaksin didn't appear to be in a mood to forgive anyone and told somebody he had called that the Democrats were screwing the economy, before declaring that he had a "big surprise" planned for the country on his birthday.

6. Don't laugh, but actually there are people who think that the first, second and fifth scenarios will take place at the same time. Thaksin, visiting as a hologram, will declare that he has absolutely no hatred left in his heart, then he goes ahead to give the Democrats a good spanking before announcing projects like scholarships and transforming the People's Station (formerly D-station) into a free tutoring channel employing expensive, qualified lecturers.

7. He will become a monk. (We hope this doesn't happen because the last time that an ousted leader in exile took up the saffron robes, it triggered one of the blackest chapters in Thai history.)

There you go. I personally hope it is scenario No 1, but my head tells me it will most probably be No 6. Well, whatever it is, it would still be a nice surprise if Thaksin spends some big bucks on Thailand, no matter what his motive is.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 24/7/09

Edited by sbk

Number 1 is possible, there have been some of rumors about a division within the dems, with some of them wanting to joining with Thaksin. This would be a big announcement.

Number 6 is more likely though.

Number 7, if he became a monk, it would be like Gandalf the Grey turning into Gandalf the White to most Thais.

Edited by mc2

Thaksin plans peace gesture, say supporters

At least 2 million said to have signed petition

Ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra will spring a "big surprise" on his 60th birthday by making peace with his opponents, his supporters say. Pracha Prasopdee, an MP for Samut Prakan with the opposition Puea Thai Party, said Thaksin would phone in to address his supporters on his birthday on Sunday and take the opportunity to "forgive" his critics and opponents for what they had said and done to him.

This is meant as a gesture of goodwill on the part of Thaksin to promote national reconciliation, Pracha said. It would then be up to the government to decide whether to accept the peace offering and show its sincerity in mending social and political rifts. Singthong Buachum, a coordinator of the birthday bash, said Thaksin would spring "a big surprise" during his phone-in to celebrations at Wat Kaew Fa temple in Nonthaburi's Bang Kruai district, where religious rites would be held to mark the birthday.

The phone-in will take place after a merit-making ceremony at which alms will be presented to 109 monks. Former prime minister Somchai Wongsawat, Thaksin's brother-in-law, will preside over the ceremony, Singthong said. Regarding the petition to collect a million signatures to obtain a Royal Pardon for Thaksin, Pracha said 2 million to 3 million people had already signed the petition. A close associate of the Shinawatra family said all of Thaksin's sons and daughters had signed the petition to ensure the petition drive was in line with the law. Justice Minister Pirapan Salirathavibhaga has insisted only relatives of a convict had the right to submit a pardon request and Thaksin had to serve part of his jail term to qualify for a pardon.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/2...-say-supporters

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-07-24

Thaksin would phone in to take the opportunity to "forgive" his critics and opponents for what they had said and done to him.

This is meant as a gesture of goodwill on the part of Thaksin

:D:):D :D

The "Big Surprise" is that Thaksin is more deranged that ever thought possible.

all of Thaksin's sons and daughters had signed the petition

They let it slip out about his illegitimate son(s) [plural]

The land and property tax that Abhisit and Korn are planning to pass into law next month, will do more to help the poor rural people than all of the crazy Thaksin schemes combined (One woman, one cow, million rubber trees, etc). Argue with that one, if you can.

Thaksin would phone in to take the opportunity to "forgive" his critics and opponents for what they had said and done to him.

:D:):D:D

your simple and dismissive comment 'deranged' illustrates the limits of your understanding.

Its a calculated move to lower resistance against his enemies (their resistance is based on self preservation and fear of retribution if he gets back in power more-so than any "damage" he will do to the country btw).

If he can back up his words with actions, maybe his message will get through.

hardly surprising though. a necessary step if he wants to get back in power somehow, and the timing is obviously right.

Someone to keep us guessing

By [email protected]

Published on July 24, 2009

Newsrooms are being filled with educated as well as simply clueless guesses about the "big surprise" being planned for ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's 60th birthday celebrations in various provinces. Here is a summary of all the theories we have heard:

1. There will be some sort of a major announcement. A scenario, brought up by a Pheu Thai Party MP, has Thaksin declaring that he has "forgiven everyone" and is carrying no more grudges. He will say that it is time national reconciliation started, but that it wouldn't be possible until one of the key coalition parties makes the first move.

2. There will be a jaw-dropping state-of-the-art video linkage that will make his well-wishers feel as if he were "there" in person. (Imagine Princess Leia in "Star Wars" being beamed up for Luke Skywalker by R2-D2.)

3. A combination of the two: a state-of-the-art link-up in which Thaksin hopes for peace in his motherland.

4. He delivers a shocking speech declaring that he will return to acknowledge his punishment, serve his jail term and then launch a political comeback. (This idea came from an entertainment beat reporter, seriously!)

5. A gigantic gimmick designed to embarrass his opponents, probably in the form of remote-controlled projects related to the economy. Many people believe this could possibly be true because the "big surprise" would be more about substance than form. Moreover, it fits the circumstances when news of the "big surprise" first broke. At that time, Thaksin didn't appear to be in a mood to forgive anyone and told somebody he had called that the Democrats were screwing the economy, before declaring that he had a "big surprise" planned for the country on his birthday.

6. Don't laugh, but actually there are people who think that the first, second and fifth scenarios will take place at the same time. Thaksin, visiting as a hologram, will declare that he has absolutely no hatred left in his heart, then he goes ahead to give the Democrats a good spanking before announcing projects like scholarships and transforming the People's Station (formerly D-station) into a free tutoring channel employing expensive, qualified lecturers.

7. He will become a monk. (We hope this doesn't happen because the last time that an ousted leader in exile took up the saffron robes, it triggered one of the blackest chapters in Thai history.)

There you go. I personally hope it is scenario No 1, but my head tells me it will most probably be No 6. Well, whatever it is, it would still be a nice surprise if Thaksin spends some big bucks on Thailand, no matter what his motive is.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/07/24

:D:):D:D

your simple and dismissive comment 'deranged' illustrates the limits of your understanding.

Its a calculated move to lower resistance against his enemies (their resistance is based on self preservation and fear of retribution if he gets back in power more-so than any "damage" he will do to the country btw).

If he can back up his words with actions, maybe his message will get through.

hardly surprising though. a necessary step if he wants to get back in power somehow, and the timing is obviously right.

The day he gets back into power, will be the day you find me in front of your house, in really short shorts and a bikini top, washing your car with my man boobs.

The day he gets back into power, will be the day you find me in front of your house, in really short shorts and a bikini top, washing your car with my man boobs.

:) if some of the dems switch to join with Thaksins party , and with Thaksin as the de-facto leader, you might be washing my car sooner than you think

Number 1 is possible, there have been some of rumors about a division within the dems, with some of them wanting to joining with Thaksin. This would be a big announcement.

Number 6 is more likely though.

Number 7, if he became a monk, it would be like Gandalf the Grey turning into Gandalf the White to most Thais.

Number one is possible but we have been there before awaiting such an announcement with nothing. The fifth cycle thing though is big for Chinese so it cant be discounted.

I doubt Dems (or any meaningful number) would actually join PTP but there are probably those who think a deal is the right way and those that dont and hence the division. Plus normal coalition politcs left a number hungry.

Number five in some shape or form must be on the cards as it is normal Thaksin play

He has nothing in store but utter blah blah blah initiated by his spinning PR machine.

By all means stay in the spotlight! A hero turned zero - thats something he can't swallow!

So lets spill some blah blah blah which makes people guessing...

Panem et circensis

He has nothing in store but utter blah blah blah initiated by his spinning PR machine.

By all means stay in the spotlight! A hero turned zero - thats something he can't swallow!

So lets spill some blah blah blah which makes people guessing...

Panem et circensis

Well said. A poster who always allows common sense to prevail unlike that other poster who simply is a TOXIN TROLL :) .

It would be great to see an honest politician in Thailand, but I for one won't be holding my breath :D