Thaksin's " Big Surprise " Still A Secret

sriracha john

Is there a more perfect word than 'Surreal' for all this?

This surprise has really upset you guys.

I get the feeling that you and SRJ think the surprise is that he is hiding under your beds and one night will pop out and say BOOOO.

You worry so much about Thaksin and unwittingly just keep giving him more and more publicity and strengthening his support. Well done lads.

Consider this kind of "notion" as surreal as well!

The "big surprise" is just one part of a series of stunts a former

projectionist is trying to keep going, because once forgotten even

the tiniest chance of an audience will fade into oblivion!

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The coup thing is hard to analyse. There are obviously two competing groups in the government and the one without the PM post seems to have the support of the army brass. However, the military is likely divided between the two or at least that is what analysts seem to agree on. Then there are the reds and Thaksin. So 3 rtaher than two groups.

Traditionally those in power fear the coup but if there were one would it be to usurp the PM post for another government group? Then how would it fit with the reds and Thaksin? Of course usually an opposition welcome change as any change gives advantage. Would that be so if it happened.

A coup right now would be one of the most idiotic acts that could be contemplated. The mere fact that they even acknowledge Thaksin's presence shows how much he has the current government on edge. In reality, they have him out of the country, he has lost at least 50% of his influence (if not 90%), they have their poster boy as PM and he is trying (maybe not succeeding) as much as he can.

A coup right now definitely wouldn't have a date attached for a return to civilian government like the last one. Thailand would instantly become a pariah economically.

If they hold a coup in the current economic climate it will be the absolute death knell for FDI and tourism in Thailand for a very long time.

I know that the army don't normally give two hoots about the consequences of their actions, but for gods sake, please keep them out of politics and in the barracks.

There's no "they" here. The military is divided in at least three ways and they all want different things, and a coup wouldn't benefit any of them.

The only possible coup is pro-Thaksin generals taking power on the wave of red shirt protests.

Those "they" don't give a fuc_k about FDI tourism or whatever, they need to reinstall Thaksin. Period.

There's no "they" here. The military is divided in at least three ways and they all want different things, and a coup wouldn't benefit any of them.

The only possible coup is pro-Thaksin generals taking power on the wave of red shirt protests.

Those "they" don't give a fuc_k about FDI tourism or whatever, they need to reinstall Thaksin. Period.

To reinstall Thaksin would be the final nail in Thailands coffin.

If thaksin took control again, I for one would not move the bulk of my business back to Thailand.

I moved it due to the economic climate to the uk as it seemed to fare better than most.

If thaksin comes back it will stay in the uk until he is removed again.

Edited by cyb