Visitor Visa To Uk- Anyone Know How Long To Wait?

I am applying online for a visitor visa to UK for my girlfriend of 2 years. This is our first application. I am happy with all my paperwork to substantiate the relationship.

I am flying into Thailand on August 12th and am hoping she can have the interview the same day.

My problem is that I have read on here that the time taken to grant visitor visas has increased from last year. I was hoping to be back for a family wedding which is on September 8th. I have included the invite and letter with all my documentation. Ideally I wanted to be flying back for the August Bank holiday leaving about the 27th august.

Realistically is this going to be possible and, if not, roughly how long should I be expecting to wait.

If anyone has recent experience in this area I would love to know the time taken.

Thanks one and all.

Hi ,

My GF applied for a Visitor Visa on the 13th June , there were many notices up in regents house stating that processing times were now between 4 - 6 weeks.

My GF finally got a SMS yesterday (23/7/2009) saying she could collect her passport (this has taken approx 5 weeks).

Good luck with your application., Hopefully they will take the family wedding into account and process your application quicker.

Cheers

Dave

My girlfriends visa took five weeks and I am aware that there substantially more applications than this time last year, this is normally a pretty quiet time of the year for tourist visas.

I understand that they are processing tourist visas by the declared date of intended travel to ensure that people are able to to fulfill travel arrangements, providing the visa is granted, I presume this is why some applications are taking a few days whilst others a few weeks.

I am applying online for a visitor visa to UK for my girlfriend of 2 years. This is our first application. I am happy with all my paperwork to substantiate the relationship.

I am flying into Thailand on August 12th and am hoping she can have the interview the same day.

My problem is that I have read on here that the time taken to grant visitor visas has increased from last year. I was hoping to be back for a family wedding which is on September 8th. I have included the invite and letter with all my documentation. Ideally I wanted to be flying back for the August Bank holiday leaving about the 27th august.

Realistically is this going to be possible and, if not, roughly how long should I be expecting to wait.

If anyone has recent experience in this area I would love to know the time taken.

Thanks one and all.

Applied on the 29th June got it yesterday - no interview but I think they are a bit funny if your girl doesn't have a job or you do not live with her full time - could be wrong just the impression I got when speaking to a number of farangs outside the visa place whose ladies had been refused a tourist visa.

No interviews for tourist visa applications these days.

Each case is different and the ECO will make a decision on the case with the evidence you have supplied.

And on the balance of probabilities will the applicant return to his/her host country if yes he believes they will visa issued simple.

No interview?

If I apply online I still need to get all the accompanying documentation to someone. Is it then just a case of turning up and handing in all the stuff and waiting for reply?

I thought after applying online you could schedule an appointment and present your case plus paperwork to an assigned officer.

No interview?

If I apply online I still need to get all the accompanying documentation to someone. Is it then just a case of turning up and handing in all the stuff and waiting for reply?

I thought after applying online you could schedule an appointment and present your case plus paperwork to an assigned officer.

Yes, there are no longer any interviews for tourist visas.

When applying online the applicant prints a copy of the form already submitted and schedules an appointment for the VFS office in Regent House where the form is submitted together with any supporting documents. There is no assigned officer, they are located in the Visa Section at The Embassy, it's just the VFS staff who check the documents against their check list and then the applicants biometric details are taken.

You then just wait for the news that the passport has been returned to Regent House and then go and collect the sealed envelope with the passport, hopefully, containing the visa.

I think it depends on how straightforward your application is - whether it is a repeat visa, whether you have all the documents they need to see the application is genuine, the girl will come back, she has enough money to support herself whilst on holiday, isn't just a sex worker trying to get in undere the radar etc. I got mine back for my wife in 7 days but we were travelling not long after the application and gave all relevant info plus she has had a few visas for the UK before plus many for other countries we have been to so a pretty strightforward case for them. I suspect first time applications might take a bit longer