Riding In Wrong Lane, They Take Licence?

saorsa

And while I sympathize with the above rant.. You have a large bike, and the plate falls of, and knowing Thailand unregistered bike problems you continue to ride around plateless in the city ??? And your mad at the cops ??

LOL- yeah- I'm having technical issues that have rendered me plate-less for the time being (dam_n you Zzinged!!! :) ) so you can be sure I'll NOT be riding around the Big Mango during the day time until I get that sorted. The coppers are EVERYWHERE in Bangkok these days... Seems like more than just the usual end-of-month shakedown. I'm really not sure what's going on.

Ride On!

T

This is nothing new. And been around since the dawn of Thai-man. Just except it as part of Thai biking.

Be polite and you are on your way.

I got stopped last Saturday, coming back from Khanchanburi. I was speeding, weaving in & out of traffic, the sort of biking that Harleys cannae do. Cops waved, I pulled over. A little chat. Cop pats my bike. Say "make good police bike". I say "I am motorcycle police officer". They laugh and give me some directions, which I always ignore.

You clearly havent seen the way I ride then mate...even on the Harley with forward controls, I weave in and out traffic at silly speeds. I just need a bit wider gap than smaller bikes due to the pegs sticking out a bit far at the front.

This is nothing new. And been around since the dawn of Thai-man. Just except it as part of Thai biking.

Be polite and you are on your way.

I got stopped last Saturday, coming back from Khanchanburi. I was speeding, weaving in & out of traffic, the sort of biking that Harleys cannae do. Cops waved, I pulled over. A little chat. Cop pats my bike. Say "make good police bike". I say "I am motorcycle police officer". They laugh and give me some directions, which I always ignore.

You clearly havent seen the way I ride then mate...even on the Harley with forward controls, I weave in and out traffic at silly speeds. I just need a bit wider gap than smaller bikes due to the pegs sticking out a bit far at the front.

That not the weaving I had in mind.

I actually overtake cars as I weave in and out of traffic. :):D:D

And while I sympathize with the above rant.. You have a large bike, and the plate falls of, and knowing Thailand unregistered bike problems you continue to ride around plateless in the city ??? And your mad at the cops ??

LOL- yeah- I'm having technical issues that have rendered me plate-less for the time being (dam_n you Zzinged!!! :) ) so you can be sure I'll NOT be riding around the Big Mango during the day time until I get that sorted. The coppers are EVERYWHERE in Bangkok these days... Seems like more than just the usual end-of-month shakedown. I'm really not sure what's going on.

Ride On!

T

Technical issues rendering you plateless.. The mind boggles.. :D

"try to whittle it down and pay a bribe. It's not worth my time and effort to go through all that shit again - and if the <snip> have you dead to rights, then going about it through the proper channels is only more costly and time consuming" quote from above

Sorry but I have to admit that we Foreigners always think that it is OK to break the rule than bribe our way out. We even do that on purpose. Like not having a license plate and yet do ride it on purpose. Saying that it take a month for the plate to arrive is no excuse. Do you complain that your Ferrari takes 12 months to be deliverer?

They other thing I was think is the King Power case. What if, just what if. What if the 2 Brits did shoplift, got caught, and thought that he could try to "whittle it down and pay a bribe. It's not worth my time and effort to go through all that shit again - and if the <snip> have you dead to rights, then going about it through the proper channels is only more costly and time consuming". I bet they are in for a surprise that the 100 Baht trick did not work, and end up pay 7K GBP or what so ever.

Get your act together. If you don't want to scam by the police, don't even think that you can get away with bribe. The real looser is you, not the police.

jONLEE THE NEWBIE. JEEZE.

"Saying that it take a month for the plate to arrive is no excuse."

Of course it's an excuse you plonker. You buy a brand new vehicle in most other countries and it comes with a licence plate from day one. in any other province other than Bangkok you get a temporary RED plate. So who's fault is it that you do not get one in Bangkok. It's not the bloody buyers fault is it. Before you post again, please make sure YOU understand what you are posting about. Ok

LOL- yeah- I'm having technical issues that have rendered me plate-less for the time being (dam_n you Zzinged!!! :D ) so you can be sure I'll NOT be riding around the Big Mango during the day time until I get that sorted. The coppers are EVERYWHERE in Bangkok these days... Seems like more than just the usual end-of-month shakedown. I'm really not sure what's going on.

Ride On!

T

Technical issues rendering you plateless.. The mind boggles.. :D

Heh heh...

Here's my 'technical' issue-

Busted7Plate.jpg

And yeah- it's all Zzinged's fault! :D

(I'll let him expound should he feel so inclined) :)

Ain't nothin' but a thing Z! :D

RIDE ON!

T

Hey bribes work for me... :) i love this game and i love Thailand.

im with you, if i get stopped keys go in the pocket and i forgot to bring my license. 200 baht max and away i go.believe it or not, if you are friendly, you can get the number of the cop that pulled you over and call him if you get nailed again down the road.

Hey bribes work for me... :D i love this game and i love Thailand.

im with you, if i get stopped keys go in the pocket and i forgot to bring my license. 200 baht max and away i go.believe it or not, if you are friendly, you can get the number of the cop that pulled you over and call him if you get nailed again down the road.

t.s again I see through your propaganda, we all know why your getting the policemans phone number, you can't resist the uniform. :)

we all know you are going to call the officer later and perform a different kind of lip service to him :D

its written all over your avatar, you can jump from ur closet now, not that theres anything wrong with that :D

Probably opening a can of worms here , but i heard somewhere that its actually not a law to keep in the left???

Yes bikes (of any size from scooter to busa) have to stay in the left hand lane..

I may not have made it clear enough in my original post - I chose to pursue the official "getting a ticket" process - rather than playing the bribe game (which by the way, is usually initiated by the BIB) - and was prepared to accept the plateless fine.

This despite the apparent hypocrisy of being "allowed" to ride plateless upon the initial bike purchase, but then not being allowed to ride plateless while I wait for the motor vehicle department to issue a new plate - no offer of a red one, or other interim "legal" measure. (and whilst having on the vehicle and with me the registration and insurance details).

So doesn't there seem to be some double standards or plain bullshitting by the authorities (police and vehicle registrations) to suit themselves - either financially or out of convenience?

What actually pissed me off was that while the pig had the translator on the phone - he was going to fine me for two things only - plateless, and right lane.

As soon as he got my licence in his hand, he hung up on the translator and all that changed, and two other charges were levied, one of which was not having registration papers, which I did show them as soon as the Fcukknuckle returned my key, so I could unlock the seat...

And yes, the cops seem to really be out in force at the moment - I saw the usual group, championed by the big fat ogre, with a head like Jabba the Hut - that hang out before the Shell on Narathiwat yesterday, then about 3 more small groups - who seemed to be targetting all manner of vehicles - in and around Rama 3.

And yes, the cops seem to really be out in force at the moment - I saw the usual group, championed by the big fat ogre, with a head like Jabba the Hut - that hang out before the Shell on Narathiwat yesterday, then about 3 more small groups - who seemed to be targetting all manner of vehicles - in and around Rama 3.

Hey jabba the Hut is the nicest thieve out of the whole lot of them , i always have good crack with him , he asked me my name the pther day and i told him he better remember me and that he was welcome to stop me once a week for the usual fee!!

Sure enough yesterday there he was and he gave me a tidy salute as i trucked on by...dum dee dum

Hey jabba the Hut is the nicest thieve out of the whole lot of them , i always have good crack with him , he asked me my name the pther day and i told him he better remember me and that he was welcome to stop me once a week for the usual fee!!

Sure enough yesterday there he was and he gave me a tidy salute as i trucked on by...dum dee dum

Did you go past in left lane?

I'm thinking I might re-mount the fuc_ked up old plate, cruise past real slow in the left cnuting lane, and stop whether they ask me to or not - no doubt they will. I'll have licence pinned to jacket - show em and then split. I might do this a couple of times and then say now that they know I'm completely legit, when they hear me coming, don't bother trying to stop me...cos I don't like gunning it past them while I'm still warming up the bike :)

Did you go past in left lane?

lol...your funny man , yes i was in the left lane for sure, i live beside tesco man and have done for 2 years and there is one thing i have learnt about narathiwas is drive in the &lt;deleted&gt; left lane even of you dont see the *****