Sending Money By Ems

Is sending money by EMS to someone who doesn't have a bank account a good option here in Thailand ? (It's not serious money, so if it will get lost I wouldn't mind that much.)

And does the receiver need to sign for receiving a letter by EMS ?

Is sending money by EMS to someone who doesn't have a bank account a good option here in Thailand ? (It's not serious money, so if it will get lost I wouldn't mind that much.)

And does the receiver need to sign for receiving a letter by EMS ?

No the receiver does not need to sign post sent by EMS.However a safer way to send money,although it would cost more is via western union,which can be collected at any post office within an hour of being sent.Having said that EMS is a great service and 100% reliable every time i have used it.

If you have a Bank of Atudiya / Krungsri account you can use a facility where you can specify an ammount of money to be withdrawn from an ATM and then you will receive codes and a password that you can SMS/Email to the person you want to withdraw the money. They go to a Krungsri ATM, type in the codes and get the cash. Cost is minimal ie <30baht. Krungsri has offered this service for a few years now. I personally havent used it, but as a way to get money to people without bank accounts or without the involvement of a recipients bank account for a very low cost, I dont think this can be beaten.

Of course you need to have a Krungsri bank account to begin with, or know somebody that has one, you trust and can arrange it for you.