Nana Disco To Close Its Doors On Friday

george

Nana Disco to close its doors on Friday

Nana Disco or Angels Disco as is its proper name, has been on the way down for years, dying a very slow death and its demise is analogous to a lame mule being put out of its misery. I hate to sound cruel but I have to say that I am NOT sad to see it closing. I upset the owner big time a few years back when I wrote that the introduction of an entry fee would be the beginning of the end. He responded by threatening to kill me, the charmer. Well, what I said way back then has turned out to be right. With the competition in the freelancer / late night sector of the market too hot to handle, Nana Disco will close its doors at the end of this month and become yet another Bangkok venue consigned to memory. A party will be hosted for the retirement of the owner on Friday, July 31st. Entrance and drinks are FREE for everybody while stocks last.

-- stickmanbangkok.com

Nana Disco to close its doors on Friday

Nana Disco or Angels Disco as is its proper name, has been on the way down for years, dying a very slow death and its demise is analogous to a lame mule being put out of its misery. I hate to sound cruel but I have to say that I am NOT sad to see it closing. I upset the owner big time a few years back when I wrote that the introduction of an entry fee would be the beginning of the end. He responded by threatening to kill me, the charmer. Well, what I said way back then has turned out to be right. With the competition in the freelancer / late night sector of the market too hot to handle, Nana Disco will close its doors at the end of this month and become yet another Bangkok venue consigned to memory. A party will be hosted for the retirement of the owner on Friday, July 31st. Entrance and drinks are FREE for everybody while stocks last.

-- stickmanbangkok.com

RIP.

The closure of (old) Thermae was a bigger trauma.

So big, that some people are still talking about it :)

you are very right!!!! that close-down triggered an earthquake... the aftershocks can still be felt until today :D

Edited by webfact

Nana Plaza or Nana Disco?

Ah yes the disco, stuck in a nose once and said

No payee to visiteee bye bye.

Now theNana Plaza is a landmark,

or landmine depending on your western sensibilities.

~It has some of the best people watching in the world IMHO.

Park yourself with a beer at a bar near the entrance and you will see

an amazing cross section of humanity in all it's insanty walk by,

glide, sidle, shuffle, stagger, meander, sneak, and essentially bounce,

down the way, right under your nose.

Edited by animatic

The owner sounds like a fine upstanding citizen.

Is he Thai by any chance?

this was the first ever late night disco i ever went to !, sad to see it go

but the owner was american back in 2005

The owner was a discusting wreck, she will be replaced , very shortly , by an equally discusting wreck, nothing lost, nothing gained.

Nana Plaza or Nana Disco?

Ah yes the disco, stuck in a nose once and said

No payee to visiteee bye bye.

Now theNana Plaza is a landmark,

or landmine depending on your western sensibilities.

~It has some of the best people watching in the world IMHO.

Park yourself with a beer at a bar near the entrance and you will see

an amazing cross section of humanity in all it's insanty walk by,

glide, sidle, shuffle, stagger, meander, sneak, and essentially bounce,

down the way, right under your nose.

Nana Plaza is a landmark, the best time to watch was as it closed from the rails at the entrance, with a beer provided by the street traders, all of it passed before you. :)

Another fire trap gone,

But more importantly is the fate of the corner niche "Love Lounge" bar, or to that effect.

(near the elevators),

Nothing says romance like smashed cock roaches on the bar wall that never get cleaned.

But the outside Golden, the hotel's perennial cash cow and premiere people watching venue will never go away by sheer virtue of, Location, Location, Location. :)

Edited by cobra

The closure of (old) Thermae was a bigger trauma.

So big, that some people are still talking about it :)

Thermae closed ? What is happening? Are the terrorist winning? Will Nana fall under Sharia Law ?

the OLD Thermae was closed.... not the existing one

Edited by webfact

The owner sounds like a fine upstanding citizen.

Is he Thai by any chance?

this was the first ever late night disco i ever went to !, sad to see it go

but the owner was american back in 2005

I'm surprised it didnt close back in the days when YOU were haunting its corridores with all that fancy dancing you do :)

Great place to watch the freaks, sad to see the place goes the way side - shame, but suppose it was inevitable with the cover charge.

Yep. Was the place in it's day. Unique even for that neighborhood.

I feel exactly as George does, as soon as they implemented a door charge I never went back and I'm glad to see it shutting down. Threatened to kill you? What a putz.

Did Thai Elite card holders get free entry? :)