Bus To Pattaya

Will be travelling to Bangkok next month.

Am I able to get a bus from the airport direct to Pattaya? If so, what are the departure times.

Can anybody offer this information.

Bell Travel have a service to Pattaya bus station then a mini bus to your hotel or wherever you want to be dropped.

I caught the 8am last month,they leave every 2 hours,not sure what time they start and finish though,cost is 200 Baht.

Am I able to get a bus from the airport direct to Pattaya? If so, what are the departure times.

Bell Travel have a service to Pattaya bus station then a mini bus to your hotel or wherever you want to be dropped.

I caught the 8am last month,they leave every 2 hours,not sure what time they start and finish though,cost is 200 Baht.

Just found the times for Bell Travel,------------Buses from the airport leave at 08:00, 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 18:00.

Appreciated - thanks for that.

Lower level, door six or seven, forget. Free standing sign, not a booth. Don't let the touts fool you. It does exist. There is also a government bus service with a booth, apx 120baht. You don't need "help" from anyone, find it yourself.

yep i was almost conned out of 2000 baht on one of my first trips, the tout actually walked me straight passed the Bell bus ticket people! thankfully i woke up and got the govt bus to Pattaya, the above price also included a bottle of water and a bun! then just a 100 baht taxi to my hotel, job done!

Lower level, door six or seven, forget. Free standing sign, not a booth. Don't let the touts fool you. It does exist. There is also a government bus service with a booth, apx 120baht. You don't need "help" from anyone, find it yourself.

The government bus service goes about 4 times a day (roughly about 8:15, 1:15, 5:15 and at sometime in the evening I think - but do not rely - perhaps someone can post more accurate times). These buses - take about 100 minutes to Pattaya Central - go along Thanon Sukhumvit (the Pattaya one) to Jomtien, stopping at Pattaya North, Pattaya Central, Pattaya South and Jomtiem - they do not stop at the Pattaya coach station. The stop on Sukhumvit for Pattaya Central does not have good songthaew availability, so unless you are travelling light enough to take a motorsai taxi you will need to lug your bags to the other side of Sukhumvit and a hundred meters down Pattaya Thanon Klaang to awake a songthaew driver. Better still if you do not want to spend another 120 baht just to do the final 5 kiloms, hail one of the baht bus shared songthaew for 10 baht that head towards the beach and along Beach Road - you might have to wait 10 minutes for one but they do come eventually. Check he is going along Beach Road if that's where you want to be - some may turn right close to the beach and head out north.

yep i was almost conned out of 2000 baht on one of my first trips, the tout actually walked me straight passed the Bell bus ticket people! thankfully i woke up and got the govt bus to Pattaya, the above price also included a bottle of water and a bun! then just a 100 baht taxi to my hotel, job done!

Same, Same - was surprised and delighted to receive the bun and water. If you know where you are going when you reach Pattaya, then this is the best option for the frugal

www.belltravelservices.com

Recommend you book a seat as sometimes bus could be full . All information is on the web site above that I have posted for you

Sadly my plane arrives too late to take advantage of this excellent service :)

Same, Same - was surprised and delighted to receive the bun and water. If you know where you are going when you reach Pattaya, then this is the best option for the frugal

If you factor in the free transport by Bell to your hotel/diggings then it remains the best value. Because to charter a baht bus from Pattaya Nua bus station to your place will cost a minimum of 100 baht.

Of course if you have hand luggage only you could jump on a motorcycle taxi for less.

"If you factor in the free transport by Bell to your hotel/diggings then it remains the best value. Because to charter a baht bus from Pattaya Nua bus station to your place will cost a minimum of 100 baht."

Not true if there are 2 travelling as is the case with the OP. But don't worry about the odd few baht, just take whatever bus comes next when you arrive - you can never trust your flight arrival time anyway. On reflection though, you might be able to telephone for a seat when your flight is called at your departure airport - so if anyone has the Bell service telphone number that would be useful.

If you don't want to wait a couple of hours if you happen to hit a dead period then take a taxi. But if you do then it is best to (1) offer 1,000 baht with the taxi driver to pay tolls (2) say you want to go by 'highway' (3) be prepared to pay 1,200, unless you want to try a few drivers (4) don't commit until you see the taxi and your driver (5) check that your driver is going to take you all the way and not drive to some taxi exchange stop. It's safe whatever happens and you will be ok with your Thai gf.

You could of course play it by ear and learn from experience like the rest of us! After all that is what travel is all about.

re the links, helpfully posted by tartemption:

http://www.airportpattayabus.com/

http://www.pattayabus.com/en/index.html

The first is the (Government bus) service along Sukhumvit road to Jomtiem that I spoke about earlier. Looks like I was off beam about regularity and timings. The second are the regular Government buses from Bangkok terminals. I note that there is one 4x a day service from the airport to Pattaya Neua bus station in that schedule (but curiously not apparently coming back - probably because many falang like me use buses going to Pattaya but taxis going back to the airport), so I must have been confusing the two services. I think both these government services are accessed for the same first floor ticket desk, so you have a pretty regular service when you combine the two if you are not too fussed about where you land in Pattaya

Hi Guys,

Just jumping on this topic to ask if there is any such bus company that runs from Don Muang airport to Pattaya?

we will be flyin in from Udon Thani with Nok air then traveling to Pattaya as there will be 5 of us a taxi is no use.I know I can just arrange for mini bus but was wondering if there is a bus service like the ones from Suvarnbhumi.

Thanks James.

Hi Guys,

Just jumping on this topic to ask if there is any such bus company that runs from Don Muang airport to Pattaya?

we will be flyin in from Udon Thani with Nok air then traveling to Pattaya as there will be 5 of us a taxi is no use.I know I can just arrange for mini bus but was wondering if there is a bus service like the ones from Suvarnbhumi.

Thanks James.

Only know of a shuttle to the other airport bus terminal, then who knows, see above. Your best method would be to catch meter cabs to Mo Chit bus station and buy a ticket to Pattaya on the normal run. Make sure again you only use the express one with reserved seats. The milk run takes an extra hour or two. That said, two cabs apx 100 baht each and five tickets (apx 600-700baht) to Pattaya then a transfer to your hotel(s), may as well rent the mini van(an extra 100baht each) Bargain hard or search ahead, maybe 1600-1800 baht.

The government bus service goes about 4 times a day (roughly about 8:15, 1:15, 5:15 and at sometime in the evening I think - but do not rely - perhaps someone can post more accurate times). These buses - take about 100 minutes to Pattaya Central - go along Thanon Sukhumvit (the Pattaya one) to Jomtien, stopping at Pattaya North, Pattaya Central, Pattaya South and Jomtiem - they do not stop at the Pattaya coach station. The stop on Sukhumvit for Pattaya Central does not have good songthaew availability, so unless you are travelling light enough to take a motorsai taxi you will need to lug your bags to the other side of Sukhumvit and a hundred meters down Pattaya Thanon Klaang to awake a songthaew driver. Better still if you do not want to spend another 120 baht just to do the final 5 kiloms, hail one of the baht bus shared songthaew for 10 baht that head towards the beach and along Beach Road - you might have to wait 10 minutes for one but they do come eventually. Check he is going along Beach Road if that's where you want to be - some may turn right close to the beach and head out north.

The last bus goes at 21.15...The onw before that is 5pm or 5.15...I missed the 5pm bus so got a taxi to Eckami bus station where they go every half hour....The airport bus is the best..Ground floor next to the food hall..Big sign saying Pattaya bus.Ignore all the touts

....my flight gets into Bkk at midnight. Yeah, too late for the most-excellent Bell Bus Service.

For those who have not taken Bell Bus, they zip into Pattaya at the Pattaya Nua (north) Station and exchange your

bags for you into the mini Toyota van. The large bus that you just took to deliver you TO Pattaya is too big to negotiate the sois to get you to you hotel so that you can unwind.

Or wind up!

Bell Bus is pretty well organized and you get into the proper minibus depending on which hotel you are staying at.

Or, staying out at Jomtien, for example. It is this "final kilometer" that really is a life saver! They take you righ to your hotel door, very sweet after an arduous journey.

Keep in mind that you retrace your steps when you wish to return to Suvarnabhumi. Mini bus picks you up, delivers you to Nua Station, you board the big bus and away you go. There is a 7/11 at the Nua station if you need snacks.....

Be sure to get their card that states BOTH phone numbers.

Here they are to keep track of:

Bell Bus Pattaya: 038 370 0556

Bell Bus BKK: 027 474 6756

Question: I have taken the free shuttle to the bus station that is near the airport. And have taken another bus into Ekamai. What time is the LAST BUS that leaves for Pattaya at night/morning?

Anyone? Is it 11pm? 12 midnight?

Thanks in advance.....

For Us After MIdnight Arrivees.....

I usually try to do a taxi share with any punters that look like they are doing the run to

Pattaya themselves. Once we had such a large group of guys, the fee came to 500b each!

Sweet deal. I look at luggage carousel, Immigration, etc.

Better bargaining with a few guys all pitching in doing the taxi share route.

Question: I have taken the free shuttle to the bus station that is near the airport. And have taken another bus into Ekamai. What time is the LAST BUS that leaves for Pattaya at night/morning?

Thanks in advance.....

Not suggesting anything about late at night, but there is no reason to backtrack to Ekamai. As you can see on the link, there is a station at Bang Na.(may have to taxi to it) You can also catch other east bound (to Chonburi, Rayong etc.) milk run buses out in front of Central Bang Na and at the airport bus terminal. These, despite the stops, would get you to Pattaya faster than going back to Ekamai etc..

....my flight gets into Bkk at midnight. Yeah, too late for the most-excellent Bell Bus Service.

For those who have not taken Bell Bus, they zip into Pattaya at the Pattaya Nua (north) Station and exchange your

bags for you into the mini Toyota van. The large bus that you just took to deliver you TO Pattaya is too big to negotiate the sois to get you to you hotel so that you can unwind.

Or wind up!

Bell Bus is pretty well organized and you get into the proper minibus depending on which hotel you are staying at.

Or, staying out at Jomtien, for example. It is this "final kilometer" that really is a life saver! They take you righ to your hotel door, very sweet after an arduous journey.

Keep in mind that you retrace your steps when you wish to return to Suvarnabhumi. Mini bus picks you up, delivers you to Nua Station, you board the big bus and away you go. There is a 7/11 at the Nua station if you need snacks.....

Be sure to get their card that states BOTH phone numbers.

Here they are to keep track of:

Bell Bus Pattaya: 038 370 0556

Bell Bus BKK: 027 474 6756

Thanks in advance.....

Ekamai-Pattaya run from 04-30 until 23-00