New Zealand And South Korea

i read that passport holders from nz and sk have 90 days entry just using their passports while visitors from the us,europe,japan,etc, get 30 days.

a friend of mine who is a usa born citizen,but due to korea's law of blood and his parents both being korean nationals at the time of his birth,can get korean citizenship and passport.

would he be better off having a korean passport if he wants to move to thailand and do business there?would it make a difference in doing business,legal

requirements,visa runs,etc.?

i read that passport holders from nz and sk have 90 days entry just using their passports while visitors from the us,europe,japan,etc, get 30 days.

a friend of mine who is a usa born citizen,but due to korea's law of blood and his parents both being korean nationals at the time of his birth,can get korean citizenship and passport.

would he be better off having a korean passport if he wants to move to thailand and do business there?would it make a difference in doing business,legal

NZL used to be a 90 day permit.Then too many overstayers coupled with a little debarkle over fraudulent "monks" in NZL and other general immigration discretions on the part of Thais abusing their visa free status, led the NZL authoritys to "suspend" visa waivers for Thais. In a textbook diplomatic response, the thai government at the time (before thai rak thai) reduced NZL passport holders to a 30 day permit on arrival.

It's all about reciprocity.

Edited by penelope

This was ages ago. Now NZ and South Korea passport holders get only 30 days.

http://www.thaivisa.com/479.0.html

i think your are wrong that koreans get a automatic three month stay without a visa. if that is the case, thailand should make the visa process much more vigourous for koreans because in my opinion they are some of the most callous and self centered people on earth. as for kiwis who knows and who cares, i just hope the lord of the rings trilogy ends soon, after all it is a trilogy.

i think your are wrong that koreans get a automatic three month stay without a visa. if that is the case, thailand should make the visa process much more vigourous for koreans because in my opinion they are some of the most callous and self centered people on earth. as for kiwis who knows and who cares, i just hope the lord of the rings trilogy ends soon, after all it is a trilogy.

you sure enjoy generalizing about people.don't much like koreans or new zealanders,eh?am sure you don't like any people around the world.

Well as a Kiwi "I do care" and Lord of the Rings..... whats that got to do with the price of fish ? :o

Yeah what a pity we no longer have that 90 day entry..... maybe they might give us a 60 day when the free trade agreement comes into effect.

Koreans are soem of the most hard working I know, as for Kiwis, why on earth would they want to live in LOS when they have such a beautifull country of their own....

This was ages ago. Now NZ and South Korea passport holders get only 30 days.

http://www.thaivisa.com/479.0.html

Absolutely correct :o

Well as a Kiwi "I do care" and Lord of the Rings..... whats that got to do with the price of fish ? :o

Yeah what a pity we no longer have that 90 day entry..... maybe they might give us a 60 day when the free trade agreement comes into effect.

NZL Thai CEP

You'll find that immgration benefits are targetted at kiwi business travellers/investors, not tourists.

Thailand will take some steps to make it easier for New Zealand business people and investors to operate in Thailand.

Temporary entry for business people

Business visitors will be eligable to apply for one-year multiple-entry non-immigrant business visas valid for visits of 90 days at a time. 

Business visitors with a non-immigrant business visa will be granted a temporary stay and work permit for up to 90 days.

Business people with a non-immigrant business visa will be permitted to conduct business meetings in Thailand for stays for up to 15 days (90 days for APEC Business Travel Card holders) without a work permit. A notification procedure still applies.

New Zealand investors with fully paid up capital of at least two million Baht will have access to Thailand's One Stop Service Centre for visa and work permit applications.

The guy would have no advantage anyway because any visa free period is for tourism purposes only.

NZL used to be a 90 day permit.Then too many overstayers coupled with a little debarkle over fraudulent "monks" in NZL and other general immigration discretions on the part of Thais abusing their visa free status, led the NZL authoritys to "suspend" visa waivers for Thais. In a textbook diplomatic response, the thai government at the time (before thai rak thai) reduced NZL passport holders to a 30 day permit on arrival.

I actually met one or two of the Monks and the man behind this <deleted>.There are a few people around NZ and in Thailand who would like to get their hands on them...me included!

I actually met one or two of the Monks and the man behind this <deleted>.There are a few people around NZ and in Thailand who would like to get their hands on them...me included!

It ain't exactly reciprocal. NZ'ers get 30 days for tourism purposes on arrival in Thailand. Thai's get no days on arrival in NZ, and the approval process is slow.

It ain't exactly reciprocal. NZ'ers get 30 days for tourism purposes on arrival in Thailand. Thai's get no days on arrival in NZ, and the approval process is slow.

It isn't equal, but by reciprocal I meant NZL took away a degree of privelege so Thailand returned in kind. Thais now need a visa, but from my experience the process is straight forward.My mother in law was recently approved on the spot for a visa at M-Tower and got a 3 month permit of stay at arrival in Auckland.

It isn't equal, but by reciprocal I meant NZL took away a degree of privelege so Thailand returned in kind. Thais now need a visa, but from my experience the process is straight forward.My mother in law was recently approved on the spot for a visa at M-Tower and got a 3 month permit of stay at arrival in Auckland.

That isn't too bad if that is usual. Thanks for that.