Missing American In Thailand

george

Dear Forum,

Thank you all for your input & suggestions.

I am the CEO of The ASA Group, my company has been hired directly by the family to investigate Michael's disappearance and try to locate him. We have liaised extensively with the Royal Thai Police, Immigration, Airport Authority, airlines, US Embassy, RSO, State Department and a US congressperson. They have all been very supportive and have provided invaluable assistance. We have interviewed numerous people, visited many hotels and bars and launched a nationwide campaign asking anybody who sees Michael to let us know.

For the purposes of this forum, whilst many of your suggestions are valid, I want to assure everybody that we have already implemented every suggestion, and many more, since we began working the case 9 days ago. At this stage we only request that if anybody has seen Michael to please let us know via the means provided at the head of the forum.

With thanks & kind regards,

Simon P. Wagstaff BEM

Chairman & CEO

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hope he turns up.

One thing that could improve the exposure of this thread & photo (and in turn his being found). I have deleted the original email now, however I think it read in my inbox- Missiing american. Many people unfortunately dont care about this and will not check the forum to see the photo. Perhaps you could resend the email with the Gentlemans name as the heading Michael 'Surname' MISSING! REWARD PLS VIEW PIC or something to try to encourage more TV members to hit the thread and view the photo. (However perhaps the thread hit rate is actually good on average in which case disregard this comment.)

Good luck.

To give you all further information on the case.

Michael was in Hua Hin on the 11th and 12th July and as mentioned in our post, took the train to Bangkok on the 13th. He was then seen inside Suvarnabhumi International Airport on the morning of the 14th but did not check in for his international flight. Instead he exited the airport at approx 0430 hours from the departure level.

As of today 28th July, it has been confirmed by the Royal Thai Police and Immigration that Michael has not left the country through legal means, and has not been arrested or admitted to any hospitals.

Thank you for all your input and assistance on this matter.

Best regards

Scott

ASA Group

i wouldnt put too much weight on that unfortunatly, cc and bank activites should be a pretty good way of tracking or email account activity, at least you know if hes still spending.....or not..., best of luck on the safe and speedy return,

I also hope he turns up safe. I posted the original information on a few other websites as well in hopes that more people are aware. One lady I know translated the information to Thai and has also posted this on various websites.

I did have one person respond to the original post who had this to say. He is Thai and take it as you will:

"it call "suvarnabhum airport"

and i need to tell you.and you must tell all your friend don't visit pub around airport cause it have many criminal all world living here.local police and tourist police very hopless and very lazy."

ASA - you buys are obviously on the ball - just a thought - he's a young guy, there are a LOT of universities in BKK, several near the airport - he may have hooked up with a co-ed, sat waiting for his flight and decided to head back to her. Posting the photo at Bangkok U, ABAC, Stamford, Ramkamhaeng, etc. might be worth a shot. Hope all turns out well.

^ Well it would appear they arnt going to tell us the story, its kind of like saying, 'thanks for your help, blow it out ur asss'.

I'm still trying to call back all my investigators that i sent out looking for him, they havent even told us where to send our invoice to? :)

Dear Forum,

Please be informed that we have traced Michael and he has now left the Kingdom of Thailand.

Thank you all for your input

Best regards

Scott Stammers

ASA Group

That is very good news.

further to add- i saw this news story....

Pattaya, July 29,[PDN]: a veterinary student of the US Auburn University, temporarily studying in Japan, has been missing in Thailand since the middle of July. The university has sent representatives to help search for him in both Japan and Thailand .

Fox News reported, yesterday (July 28), that Michael, Griffin Harrie, a 29-year-old a veterinary student of the American Auburn University on a month-long study abroad programme, studying pathobiology at Iwate University, Morioka, Japan, apparently started on a sightseeing trip to Thailand on July 7 from Japan. The sightseeing tour was not sponsored by any organization and was a private venture.

He was picked up on security cameras in Suvarnabhumi International Airport on July 14 and was supposed to meet his parents in Tokyo on July 16, for a family vacation, but never showed up. His father, Paul Harrie, has been unable to contact his son and is currently appealing for help from the public.

"He was planning to use his study abroad experience to help prepare him for his next year of veterinary school," his father said in a statement released by Auburn University.

Mike Clardy, the Director of Communications at Auburn University told FOXNews.com that authorities do not suspect foul play and are treating his disappearance as a missing person case.

Michael Harrie, a native of Southern California 5 feet 11 inches tall, weighs 175 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes. He wears eyeglasses. Two Auburn representatives travelled to Tokyo last week to meet with Harrie’s family and provide assistance. The Auburn University is working with police in Thailand and has been in contact with the consul general in Japan and the American Embassy in Thailand.

Anyone with information that might help in locating Harrie should call the Auburn University Department of Public Safety and Security at 001-334 844-8888.

Edited by giztate

A lot of people trying to help. Not only on Thaivisa ( thanks to george for allowing this)

"We have liaised extensively with the Royal Thai Police, Immigration, Airport Authority, airlines, US Embassy, RSO, State Department and a US congressperson."

Would be nice to know what actually happened.

Glad he is Ok and hope strings can be pulled in future for other missing persons. Wonder who the congressperson was.

Anyway, he's safe.

Great news that he has been found.

Obviously it's early days yet, however, I'm sure that TV members would like (if privacy is not the issue) and if possible, to hear a little as to what happened since many we're genuinely concerned and some even with genuine offers of help.

If some news could filter through, that would be great and I'm sure that would spur even more members to help in any future missing persons case.

Regards Bojo

Glad he is Ok and hope strings can be pulled in future for other missing persons.

If everyone who disappeared for two weeks in Thailand got their own thread there would be thousands of them.

Glad he is Ok and hope strings can be pulled in future for other missing persons.

If everyone who disappeared for two weeks in Thailand got their own thread there would be thousands of them.

My comment was a little sarcastic. I agree with you, not everyone who goes missing would have strings pulled like this.

Obviously it's early days yet, however, I'm sure that TV members would like (if privacy is not the issue) and if possible, to hear a little as to what happened since many we're genuinely concerned and some even with genuine offers of help.

If some news could filter through, that would be great and I'm sure that would spur even more members to help in any future missing persons case.

Regards Bojo

Dear Bojo & forum members,

My apologies for being very vague on the information, but we have a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement with the family and subsequently at this time we cannot divulge any further information aside from Michael has now left the Kingdom of Thailand.

I would like to express our sincere gratitude to Thai Visa all forum members for all the input and assistance.

Best regards

Scott

ASA Group

Dear Forum,

Thank you all for your input & suggestions.

I am the CEO of The ASA Group, my company has been hired directly by the family to investigate Michael's disappearance and try to locate him. We have liaised extensively with the Royal Thai Police, Immigration, Airport Authority, airlines, US Embassy, RSO, State Department and a US congressperson. They have all been very supportive and have provided invaluable assistance. We have interviewed numerous people, visited many hotels and bars and launched a nationwide campaign asking anybody who sees Michael to let us know.

For the purposes of this forum, whilst many of your suggestions are valid, I want to assure everybody that we have already implemented every suggestion, and many more, since we began working the case 9 days ago. At this stage we only request that if anybody has seen Michael to please let us know via the means provided at the head of the forum.

With thanks & kind regards,

Simon P. Wagstaff BEM

Chairman & CEO

That is a nice little bizness you got going there.... LOL

Regards Bojo

My apologies for being very vague on the information, but we have a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement with the family and subsequently at this time we cannot divulge any further information aside from Michael has now left the Kingdom of Thailand.

I would like to express our sincere gratitude to Thai Visa all forum members for all the input and assistance.

Best regards

Scott

ASA Group

This is the issue I wanted to point out!

So he is not really at home yet, and he has left for another country, I hope the family can trace him and help him home safely.

And maybe they can sort out their domestic communication problems!

MC

Regards Bojo

Best regards

Scott

ASA Group

Well, Scott and Mr. Simon P. Wagstaff BEM, Chairman & CEO of the ASA Group, that's nice and understandable that you are not allowed to give out any more info because you have a non-disclosure agreement with the family/parents of (not anymore) missing Mr. Michael Griffin Harrie.

That doesn't mean that a lot of genuinely worried and searching people are satisfied with such a MEAGER answer.

It is understandable and admirable that the parents/family of Mr. Harrie created such an enormous search and attention for their son in Thailand, the US and Google (1,5 million results for the name "Michael Griffin Harrie alone) but it seems not very thankful to the people in Thailand, the USA and the world, who were worried and watching the search for Mr. Harrie.

Maybe Mr. Harrie, an adult of 29 years old for heaven's sake, would be so kind to explain -a little bit- the situation himself at a later stage. After all he "consumed" lots of time and thoughts from many people, worried and on the outlook for him.

Just my own opinion.

Note:

There's nothing in the news yet (as I write) that confirms that Mr. Harrie is found and safe.....

LaoPo

Mr DP - you are here long time,may be you will remember this story,because I do not remember it well.It happened last millenium.In span of some years some foreign tourists from different countries came to LOS and never came back.Families were looking for them,their embasies were moved into action with no effect,they were all individual cases not connected together.Local diplomatic staff know each other - during social interactions relevant people somehow put all those "missing" stories together and they concluded,that they had one thing in common - the last place where "missings" were seen was DonMuang arrivals.Consuls passed this information and suggestion to Thai finests,who refused to accept the theory,that all "missings" were victims of the same pertetrators,sort of serial killer.But it was the fact.The perpetrators were caught - they were two or three guys from MiddleEast(Egyptians?) - who prayed on new arriving tourists in DanMuang,befriending them,offering them help and transport and then?-robbing,knife in ribs,body to klong.

It was going on for years!If not concerned diplomats - it would not be stopped ever.

Now - the next "missing in action in LOS" will suffer from cryingwolf effect?here in TVForum - sure.CNN? - possible.

Dear Forum members & moderators,

All I can add is that Michael has left Thailand safely, is continuing to travel alone and of his own free will, and that we are continuing to track him in an attempt to persuede him to contact his family.

Thank you again to all who offered advice and assistance.

Simon P. Wagstaff BEM

Chairman & CEO

All I can add is that Michael has left Thailand safely, is continuing to travel alone and of his own free will, and that we are continuing to track him in an attempt to persuede him to contact his family.

Simon P. Wagstaff BEM

Chairman & CEO

They have the missing persons advert on page 2 of the เดลินิวส์ 'The Daily News' today. Better ring up cancel if all is well.

Simon P. Wagstaff BEM

Chairman & CEO

Cheers for the report, nicely done.

Regards Bojo

Well hopefully the tw @ t will eventually see his own dorky picture spread accross the internet etc and feel embarrased about it. If he ever comes to Thailand again there will be hundreds of Thai Visa reading looking out for him & having a laugh at his expense...poor simple dork! :D:D

His parents are obviously well and truely cashed up, so if he wasnt a target before, he may be one now :) so we will probably read more about him in the news being held by Somali Pirates or something :D

Edited by neverdie