Thai Food To Uk

Tango7

I have been back in the UK for about 6 weeks now and my wife, who is on a settlement visa, is starting to get bored of the food that's available to her. We have a good Oriental food shop in town and can get a number of sauces, vegetables, rice and noodles but she craves other things.

Is it possible to send things like Chinese sausages by post ? She has read on Pantip.com that other people have managed to get friends and relatives to send stuff but I was wondering whether anyone else here has any suggestions.

We're in Gloucestershire ( Cheltenham ) so if anyone knows of a really good place other than Wing Yip, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

Tango7

I have been back in the UK for about 6 weeks now and my wife, who is on a settlement visa, is starting to get bored of the food that's available to her. We have a good Oriental food shop in town and can get a number of sauces, vegetables, rice and noodles but she craves other things.

Is it possible to send things like Chinese sausages by post ? She has read on Pantip.com that other people have managed to get friends and relatives to send stuff but I was wondering whether anyone else here has any suggestions.

We're in Gloucestershire ( Cheltenham ) so if anyone knows of a really good place other than Wing Yip, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

Tango7

If you can find a decent speciality grocer/greengrocer/ethnic supermarket or shop (sorry, don't know the 'Nam that well, even after a couple of tours), let them know that fresh Thai produce is available in the UK (and has been for very many years, often fresher than supermarkets here) at New Covent Garden (Nine Elms) and they can order it/go and buy it if there's enough demand. Stuff like Thai brand curry pastes (green, red, penang, etc.) and Chinese sausages have also been available for many years (at least in London and Brighton), and should be findable even where you are, up country.