Where Do You Go?

Jai Dee

As a working expat in the Pattaya area, I'd like to hear from any of you TV members out there about where you go for entertainment after working hours.

My working day sees me getting out of bed at 5:30am... drive to work to start at 07:00am... knock off about 5:30 - 6:00pm... drive home... crack a coldie... have a shower then usually eat a delicious dinner prepared by my loving teeruk. :D

But some days I'd like to do something different... go out for dinner (no probs there... heaps of restaurants to choose from), see a band or some form of live entertainment (sorry - I'm not talking go-go bars here :o ), but there doesn't seem to be much on offer... :D

For example the blues factory doesn't open until 8:30pm, and doesn't really get going until 10:00pm by which time I should be heading home to bed. :D

Where to go and what to do?

As a working expat in the Pattaya area, I'd like to hear from any of you TV members out there about where you go for entertainment after working hours.

(sorry - I'm not talking go-go bars here  :o ), but there doesn't seem to be much on offer...  :D

If you aren't in Thailand for the girls LOS is one dirty, boring place, especially Pattaya. Best activity I have found is just watching the freak show.

Chookdee

There's lots of decent entertainment around...One certainly doesn't have to be a dirty sleazebag to enjoy themselves. Khun Larry!

Jai Dee's problem is the fact that most entertainment doesn't really start before 9 or 10pm... There's not much point in it for the businessowners since most people don't come out till that time.

You have the Moon River pub on North road, Green tree on Beach road(around soi 4 I think), Shennanigans, Jamesons,of course the Blues Factory and a couple more....

Lots of expats in those places but I think none are really rocking at 8pm....

Yep... tried all those... :o

I've even tried some of the Thai places too... and I've got to admit that the Blue Chilli Pub in Third Road just rocks... great food, good music, and the crowd is friendly too. As a regular visitor there I'm quite well known now by the management, service staff and the bands... sanook mak mak. :D

Any other suggestions?

Might sound silly Jai Dee, but we sometimes go fishing for something different.

There are plenty of places to pull up a rock for a couple of hours with the missus, crack a tinny and cast a line. You normally find other Thais around and can end up having a good time talking and joking with them.

This is one of the things I like to do.

(sorry - I'm not talking go-go bars here  :D ), but there doesn't seem to be much on offer...  :D

If you aren't in Thailand for the girls LOS is one dirty, boring place, especially Pattaya. Best activity I have found is just watching the freak show.

Chookdee

How did you come to that conclusion? :o

Not sure what your interests are, but have you thought about some other activities like bowling ?

Or going to a movie once in awhile ?

How about Ripley's "Believe it or Not" ?

Just a couple of alternative suggestions, I'm sure there are a lot more, but I'm usually too :o to notice them !! :D

Bowling, Cinema, early drink at Easyriders in north pattaya (not sure when bands start) otherwise i'm not sure really as i'm a late person (getting pissed off with it also) :D  :o

Then you should hire a trustworthy, reliable, honest kind of guy as a night manager (I could be had for decent salary and a wrok permit !) :D

Bowling, Cinema, early drink at Easyriders in north pattaya (not sure when bands start) otherwise i'm not sure really as i'm a late person (getting pissed off with it also) :D  :o

Then you should hire a trustworthy, reliable, honest kind of guy as a night manager (I could be had for decent salary and a wrok permit !) :D

Entertainment....at a price?? :D

Thanks for the feedback guys. :D

Yes, we go bowling and go to the cinema probably once or twice a month... haven't tried Easyriders yet (thanks Dave), and I'll try that suggestion of fishing tukyleith... could be fun. :D

And britmaverick, that stroll down Soi 6 to get to the Victoria can be quite entertaining hey? :o

Any other suggestions?

I'm in much the same situation through the week - working away from Pattaya, though.

I just go for a run, go to bed, get up about five, go for a run, shower and get to work. Gets boring after 40+ years - but I'm too old for rugby now, and no-one to train with.

Weekends are different. Home with family and all that. But Thailand is not geared up for farangs outside the usual tourist areas, and the usual tourist time-table, so one has to go with the Thai life, which means early nights in most places.

My working day sees me getting out of bed at 5:30am... drive to work to start at 07:00am... knock off about 5:30 - 6:00pm... drive home... crack a coldie... have a shower then usually eat a delicious dinner prepared by my loving teeruk.  :D

But some days I'd like to do something different... go out for dinner (no probs there... heaps of restaurants to choose from), see a band or some form of live entertainment (sorry - I'm not talking go-go bars here  :o ), but there doesn't seem to be much on offer...  :D

For example the blues factory doesn't open until 8:30pm, and doesn't really get going until 10:00pm by which time I should be heading home to bed.  :D

My working day sees me getting out of bed at 5:30am... drive to work to start at 07:00am... knock off about 5:30 - 6:00pm... drive home... crack a coldie... have a shower then usually eat a delicious dinner prepared by my loving teeruk.  :D

But some days I'd like to do something different... go out for dinner (no probs there... heaps of restaurants to choose from), see a band or some form of live entertainment (sorry - I'm not talking go-go bars here  :D ), but there doesn't seem to be much on offer...  :D

For example the blues factory doesn't open until 8:30pm, and doesn't really get going until 10:00pm by which time I should be heading home to bed.  :D

For an working expat in pattaya 2 ask such a question I really hope you are a troll, pls tell me you are not real :o

But some days I'd like to do something different... go out for dinner (no probs there... heaps of restaurants to choose from), see a band or some form of live entertainment (sorry - I'm not talking go-go bars here  :D ), but there doesn't seem to be much on offer...  :D

For an working expat in pattaya 2 ask such a question I really hope you are a troll, pls tell me you are not real :o

It is a serious question William.

The bars and go-go scene are not my cup of tea... been there... done that... sent the postcards... :D

I'd welcome any suggestions you'd like to make.

The bars and go-go scene are not my cup of tea... been there... done that... sent the postcards... :o

He hasn't responded, has he.

I'm only there weekends, to see my family. During the week I'm at Bang Phli, near Bang Na - and it is a dead hole. Takes an hour to get into central Krung Thep and the BTS stops running around midnight, so I seldom go out during the week. Week-ends I do like to watch a bit of footie (during the day) and soccer (evenings) but if you don't go to the bars, and go to bed early (working expat, you see) then there ain't much.

The bars and go-go scene are not my cup of tea... been there... done that... sent the postcards... :D

Why don`t you have a wander down to the Dusit Hotel...live music most evenings in the piano lounge. starts about 7p.m. They usually have a duo and a band playing. The lady singer who I think may still work there is called Luk...she has a fabulous voice and sings a great range of songs.... A few drinks and lovely music you are sure to relax.... :D