What's With Jetstar: Bangkok/singapore Route

robert10

I was unfortunate enough to be flying JetStar between Singapore to BKK recently.

My flight departing from SG was delayed by close to 4 hours. At the check-in counter or the in-flight announcements, no apology was offererd for such a unusually long delay. Well, guess what? My return fllight from BKK to Singapore 5 days later was delayed by close to 4 hours, arriving in Singapore just before 4 am in the morning. I only slept an hour before having to get up to go to work.

That will be the last time I'll travel by Jetstar. Has anybody experienced similiar kinds of delays with Jetstar?

I think that any airline which delays a flight by more than one hour should be immediately shut down and all it's executives and their entire family should be jailed for 5 years. I was so distressed to see your email and I hope you never encounter any further delays in your life.

I think that any airline which delays a flight by more than one hour should be immediately shut down and all it's executives and their entire family should be jailed for 5 years. I was so distressed to see your email and I hope you never encounter any further delays in your life.

I agree. It really is quite outrageous.

1.Jetstar promotes itself on Cheap flights. What did you expect for something that sells for around 2600 baht roundtrip?

2. According to Skytrax which rates airlines, Jetstar is not a quality approved airline. SKYTRAX Approved Airline evaluation covers over 750 aspects of product and service quality measurement, and is split across both airport and onboard environments - airport services based around an airline's home base airport. Rankings do not have any association with trip reports / traveller assessments found in the consumer areas of SKYTRAX.

If you want to pick a cheap price over quality and fleet abilities then live with the downside of price sensitivity. There was most likely a mechanical or crew staffing issue to contend with.

With a higher quality airline, PAX will most likely be put on other flights of the same airline or a partner airline or there would have been a replacement aircraft & crew positioned. This is one of the reasons one pays more on the competitors like the Star Alliance airlines that fly the route.

Jetstar operates its aircraft like a low cost busfleet. It doesn't offer quality assurance or promise anything except to try and fly you from point A to point B safely. How they do it is up to them. If you wanted versatility and reliability then you could have paid the approx 9000 baht roundtrip on SQ.

1.Jetstar promotes itself on Cheap flights. What did you expect for something that sells for around 2600 baht roundtrip?

Well, I've travelled on other low cost airlines like Air Asia and Tiger Air, and they are generally reliable. When my first flight was delayed, I was kinda pissed off but brushed it off as one-off bad luck. The delay in return flight just 5 days later can only suggest operational issues with Jetstar. The only other time I've delays of 3+ hours was more 20years ago with a Quantas flight... i refused to fly with them after that too :)

Well, I've travelled on other low cost airlines like Air Asia and Tiger Air, and they are generally reliable. When my first flight was delayed, I was kinda pissed off but brushed it off as one-off bad luck. The delay in return flight just 5 days later can only suggest operational issues with Jetstar. The only other time I've delays of 3+ hours was more 20years ago with a Quantas flight... i refused to fly with them after that too :)

Google: 'Jetstar Delay' or 'Tiger Airways Delay' or 'air asia delay'

Nice to see you holding a grudge against 'Quantas' for 20 years over a delay. Have you tried Qantas? I find them much better

I've had the opposite experience - multiple delayed departures and cancellations with Thai AirAsia (both internationally and domestically in Thailand), very good on time performance with JetStar. But as the other posters have stated if you really must be there on time, spend a few extra baht and go on SQ/TH/CX/etc. JetStar, AirAsia and Tiger are for leisure trips where a few hours here or there doesn't make a huge difference.

Only 5 years? You are indeed a man of great forgiveness and mercy.

Try Aeroflot. Delay of 9 hours in Moscow waiting to see the then GF in Bangkok.

Edited by spongeman

Did you realise that Jetstar are a subsidiary of QANTAS?

Did you realise that Jetstar are a subsidiary of QANTAS?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This info below is from the Quantas Web Page---

I am looking now at booking my next trip in December--

Why should I fly with Jetstar from Auckland- Sydney--Bangkok return---When I can go with Big Brother Quantas and get full service --fare is EXACTLY the same --. :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Qantas

Information for Passengers travelling on Jetstar

Flights Product offering on Jetstar operated flights.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jetstar International

(QF 200-299)

Meal Pack (meals and non-alcoholic beverages)

Blanket Pack (blanket, neck support, eye shades and ear plugs)

Headset for audio and in-cabin movies

Limited number of video-on-demand units available for hire

Alcoholic beverages available for purchase

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jetstar Cairns-Darwin-Singapore

(QF 271/272)

Meal Pack (meals and non-alcoholic beverages)

Blanket and neck support

Limited number of video-on-demand units available for hire

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jetstar Trans Tasman

(QF 201-214)

All food and beverages available for purchase

I was unfortunate enough to be flying JetStar between Singapore to BKK recently.

My flight departing from SG was delayed by close to 4 hours. At the check-in counter or the in-flight announcements, no apology was offererd for such a unusually long delay. Well, guess what? My return fllight from BKK to Singapore 5 days later was delayed by close to 4 hours, arriving in Singapore just before 4 am in the morning. I only slept an hour before having to get up to go to work.

That will be the last time I'll travel by Jetstar. Has anybody experienced similiar kinds of delays with Jetstar?

:D That seems to be the norm with Jetstar. Same slack service in Vietnam when I used them, same delays here in NZ.

Ok! I suppose if you are not in a hurry to get anywhere, Definately give them a miss if you have a connecting flight.

Maybe it's better to pay that little bit extra for a better service with another airline. :)

Google: 'Jetstar Delay' or 'Tiger Airways Delay' or 'air asia delay'

Nice to see you holding a grudge against 'Quantas' for 20 years over a delay. Have you tried Qantas? I find them much better

Jetstar IS QANTAS, nuff said.

They just shut checkin counters and leave people stranded

Try Googling, "Jetstar new zealand delays problems"

This is what you will find, pages and pages of frustration.

Has Jetstar blown it? | GlobalTravelMarket 26 Jun 2009 ... The arrival of low cost airline Jetstar in New Zealand was heralded with much fanfare. ... flight delays all over the show, bags not turning up, ... cover this story - Jetstars problems have been making the headlines on ...

another person spelling QANTAS as Quantas!! it's outrageous

I always thought it is spelled 'Quaintos'...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has been known as " Quaint-Arse " in the past

Bucko----guilty as charged

Edited by Bucko