Car Air Conditioner Service

elektrified

A while back there was a thread about shops around town that service and clean car air conditioners. I've searched the forum but can't find it. So, where do you members recommend? I went to the dealer but they said that they could not give an estimate which seemed silly.

Thanks in advance.

Thought amnuay were expensive when i went there. so now i use a place about 200metre along the superhighway from the doi suthep road. dont know what its called as all in Thai. did tell the lady today to put an english sign up. They are helpful and cheap.

• 3 months later...

Once again, a big thumbs up for Amnuay Motor Air 2. Here's why I like this place. Brought the wife's car in to get the AC fixed, new film for the windows, and fix the central locks. As soon as we park and start talking to the manager, a team of techs pop the hood and start diagnosing the AC. They ask questions. How long has it been like this? What noises? Then we select the film, here are the pros and cons of each. We agree and out from the office steps an assistant with my name and number written down on a slip of paper--they had my name and number on file from my last visit, over a year ago, and actually remembered me, even though it was a different car. Just wanted to check if I still used the same cell number. They called at the end of the day, car is done. Itemized bill ready and a chat about what was needed. Want to see the failed parts from the AC compressor? Here they are for inspection. You just don't run across this level of service and professionalism every day in Thailand. Sure, Amnuay costs more than the local AC hack shop, but they're worth it.

Once again, a big thumbs up for Amnuay Motor Air 2. Here's why I like this place. Brought the wife's car in to get the AC fixed, new film for the windows, and fix the central locks. As soon as we park and start talking to the manager, a team of techs pop the hood and start diagnosing the AC. They ask questions. How long has it been like this? What noises? Then we select the film, here are the pros and cons of each. We agree and out from the office steps an assistant with my name and number written down on a slip of paper--they had my name and number on file from my last visit, over a year ago, and actually remembered me, even though it was a different car. Just wanted to check if I still used the same cell number. They called at the end of the day, car is done. Itemized bill ready and a chat about what was needed. Want to see the failed parts from the AC compressor? Here they are for inspection. You just don't run across this level of service and professionalism every day in Thailand. Sure, Amnuay costs more than the local AC hack shop, but they're worth it.

Go out via the back way at Limping Supermarket where all the flower markets are (Mae Jo Road / Ruam Chok) and turn right, about 300m on the right there is an aircon repair shop for cars. Its a wooden hut type deal with signs in Thai (U-Turn required to reach it). The guy is helpful, and cheapest that I have found so far in Thailand. If its a big job, he will see you home and drop your car off to your home again when he completes the work. He will also guarantee all of his work. Bit limited in his English ability though.

Where is there a flower market behind Rimping?

After having work done at Amnuay 3 times now, I'd never go anywhere else, even if Amnuay are more expensive! The quality of service they provide is almost unheard of in Thailand.

One time they diagnosed a problem in less than 5 minutes that 2 other mechanics could not figure out in hours of trying. Another time they even fabricated a part right there in their shop (cheaply), rather than have to leave the car for a few days while the more expensive factory part came from Bangkok.

I agree, a big thumbs up for Amnuay.