Ob Gyn Or Pre Natal Clinic In Pattaya

HowardJohnson

I have no idea about the quality of work, but there is an OB-GYN clinic located across the street from Carrefour on Central Road. It is not directly across but is perhaps 75 meters towards 3rd Road on the opposite side of Central from Carrefour.

Edited by chuckd

My recommendation is with Dr. Supanee on Soi Potisan, about 500m in from the Pattaya-Naklua Road end, right hand side (just past the 7-eleven). Low building surrounded by trees but with big blue signs in Thai & English.

She has been in Pattaya as long as I recall and covered my wife's first +6 months of pregnancy before we headed home. She was referred by a friend who's wife went full-term with Supanee's supervision. Both mothers and siblings are doing great! Supanee speaks excellent English and after discussing ultrasound results or special precautions with the mum-to-be, she repeats it all in English for the benefit of the anxious dad.

^ I will admit that Dr. Supanee is very busy but is the time driving to/from Sri Racha being wasted any more efficiently than the odd 20-30 minutes hanging about in a local ob-gyns waiting room?

valid point, but since we have chosen (after checking all hospitals in the area we could think of) the Phaya Thai for the delivery, we thought it might be best to have all the checks prior to the birth at the same place so that all records are available.

Good idea, plus you build a good relationship with the staff there. When's the due date raro?

In our instance, we took the records that had been maintained at Dr Supanee's clinic with us when we went to Udon so they had the 'whole picture' if needed. The Ob-gyn in Udon was a super bloke and once again, his English was superb and everything was explained in English to me as 'critical mass' approached.

He's 15 months old now and his new words today were DANGER and WORM. Lovely boy!

• 2 years later...

I would also recommend Dr Supanee of Soi Pottisarn and confirm the comments made about the time she takes to explain in both Thai and perfect English, there's no rush and she is quite chatty.

We elected to have a Caesarian Section and she performed it at the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and the total cost was only 700 baht more than the quoted 40K she quoted at her clinic.

She even went out of her way and her normal schedule to deliver our boy on a Sunday at 10:10am on 10/10/10 at my request.

All follow up work at her clinic was free of charge.

She shares the clinic with a Dermatologist who I think is part of the 30 Baht healthcare scheme and in demand, but waiting times to see Supanee are not excessive, we never waited more than 20 minutes for any of the pre-natal stuff.

You might consider Dr. Ben Thamtong, MD, with a Diplomate in gynecology, at Pattaya Intern'l Hospital, located

on Soi-4, between Beach and 2nd roads.

Dr. Thamrong previously worked in the States; speak excellent English.

I've not seen him in a few years...check if he still works there.

I believe the hospital's phone is: 038-428374