Entering On O-a...can You Get A Work Permit?

If you enter on an O-A can you still get a work permit and keep this visa type or do you need to leave the country and get a different type like a B?

Thanks for your help!

As far as I know, a Non O-A is a retirement visa and working is not permitted. To obtain a WP a Non B (or O) are needed.

:) Correct me if I am wrong.

In general it will not be possible to get a work permit on a O-A visa, (there seem to be some exceptions where people did get a WP, but that seems to be rare).

It won't give you any problems with looking for a job and applying for a work permit. With the form that you have applied for the wp you can then get a non-B.

In general it will not be possible to get a work permit on a O-A visa, (there seem to be some exceptions where people did get a WP, but that seems to be rare).

It won't give you any problems with looking for a job and applying for a work permit. With the form that you have applied for the wp you can then get a non-B.

And is a B the best idea or is an O better? Why would I want one or the other?

Do you have your O-A visa already? If you already have a O-A you will need to get a non-B from a neighbouring country.

Do you have your O-A visa already? If you already have a O-A you will need to get a non-B from a neighbouring country.

No, have have nether visa yet.....just wanted to know if B or O was better to get if i wanted to work.

No, have have nether visa yet.....just wanted to know if B or O was better to get if i wanted to work.

An O is normally for Marriage

The O-A visa isfor people over 50 who seek retiremetn in thailand.

The B visa is for people who want to stay in Thailand based on busines or employment. If your goal is to work, you should try to get a non-B visa.

But that would also depend on in which country you are going to apply for your visa. Also are you over 50 years old?

The B visa is for people who want to stay in Thailand based on busines or employment. If your goal is to work, you should try to get a non-B visa.

But that would also depend on in which country you are going to apply for your visa. Also are you over 50 years old?

not reading again sorry...me I mean

Yes true a B is for work, O for Marriage and O-A for retirement

Edited by beano2274

not reading again sorry...me I mean

Yes true a B is for work, O for Marriage and O-A for retirement

Actually the O is a rest category and stands for "Other". It is given for being married to a Thai national, but also because of retirement, volunteering etc.