Are Their Direct Flights From Cnx To Taipei?

westbounder

Yes, I'm sure of it. China airlines. The only one I'm aware of.

Go to their website or any local travel agent for the details. I know of this because my neighbor flies direct from CM to Taipei when he travels to US.

Yes, I'm sure of it. China airlines. The only one I'm aware of.

Go to their website or any local travel agent for the details. I know of this because my neighbor flies direct from CM to Taipei when he travels to US.

Yes, this is correct. Presently, China Airlines is the only carrier that flys 'non-stop' to Taipei from CM. As this route should surely pick up business, expect the major Asian carriers to extend their services. KAL has talked of a Chiang Mai-Taipei-Seoul service and others should join suite as the CM expands. By the way, in airline/travel agent jargon, 'direct' refers to a stopover or two - as 'non-stop' is probably what you're thinking of.

I flew China Airlines last winter direct to Chiang Mai from Taipei. They have a small office upstairs in the Chiang Mai airport, but it's only open at certain times of the day. The only hassle coming from Vancouver Canada was the 6 hour delay between flights... Vancouver to Taipei and then 6 hours before flight from Taipei to Chiang Mai. There was the same delay on the return flight. The only solution is to bring a good novel to read while waiting.