Powerhouse Gym's New Location.

Scrubber

I've been going to Powerhouse Gym for about three years now and was happy with their last location as it had great views of Doi Suthep.

I've been in once since it moved to Punna Place/Plaza and I don't like the new premises much. It feels a bit claustrophobic and there's not a lot to look at from the running machines.

Any thoughts from other members about the new location?

I've been away for a few days so haven't made it to the new location yet. If the map they emailed me is correct it's directly opposite on the soi. Is that right?

I wondered why they moved, cutting back on costs? Especially if the new place is "claustrophic" - is it roughly the same size? Still separate sauna for men and women, but no steam room or jacuzzi upgrade?

I believe Powerhouse had to move because of their landlord who apparently was getting too greedy. Sad that many landlords in Chiang Mai are not very realistic about what they can ask and get for their real estate.... probably the previous location will end up being empty for a long, long time.

You asked a question I can not answer yet. It's like going to a new school, it takes time to adjust. I did like the old location too scrubber.

My yearly membership comes due this September which like my luck works perfect as a trail run. I hope I like it enough to stay or my 2nd choose is Thailand fitness.

I've been away for a few days so haven't made it to the new location yet. If the map they emailed me is correct it's directly opposite on the soi. Is that right?

I wondered why they moved, cutting back on costs? Especially if the new place is "claustrophic" - is it roughly the same size? Still separate sauna for men and women, but no steam room or jacuzzi upgrade?

It's kind of diagonally across from the old place - just a bit further into the soi on the left. Like one of the other posters said, I think the owner of the land (Khun Prasert) wouldn't renew their lease. Shame really - I would have thought Powerhouse was an ideal tenant. Instead he lets noisy night clubs rent his land that keep people awake at night.

You asked a question I can not answer yet. It's like going to a new school, it takes time to adjust. I did like the old location too scrubber.

My yearly membership comes due this September which like my luck works perfect as a trail run. I hope I like it enough to stay or my 2nd choose is Thailand fitness.

You're right sendbaht - I should give it a few weeks to see if I get to like it more. I spoke to a couple of the trainers there and they said they didn't want to move either.

The best thing about the former location was the view of Doi Suthep and the bright atmosphere. Gone. The new site is two stories and about 2/3 the size of the former and has lots of wall space to put up posters. Windows on one end.

The new facility is actually bigger and has more sq. meters. It may feel smaller because it is divided up into different sections and floors now. The old facility was one big open space and felt bigger than it was. As with any change, it will take some getting used to. I kind of like the new look and change in atmosphere. If only it would motivate me to go in and work out more often...

"The new facility is actually bigger and has more sq. meters."

It sure does not seem like it, but it's true, it is larger then the old location.

As long as I can see the cute little Japanese girl do her workout on the spin bike I'm fine.

If she is someones girlfriend here on TV I do not mean to me disrespectful, it's just that she motivates me.

"The new facility is actually bigger and has more sq. meters."

It sure does not seem like it, but it's true, it is larger then the old location.

As long as I can see the cute little Japanese girl do her workout on the spin bike I'm fine.

If she is someones girlfriend here on TV I do not mean to me disrespectful, it's just that she motivates me.

:)