Good Coffee Machines In Bangkok

CarlBkk

Before I return to Bangkok I'm considering buying a decent coffee machine (Gaggia, De Longhi or maybe Jura). Are any of these brands available in Bangkok and if so, anyone know how prices compare to the UK?

Hello Carl, the coffee machines are available in Bangkok, you can look at the Verasu website to get an idea of prices. The last time I was in Europe I considered taking back an espresso machine but the weight and the concern about customs duty stopped me from bringing one back.

This time, I think I will be bringing back something smaller, easier to pack and less expensive: a proper flat iron for ironing hair.

Hi Carl

Do you want for professional use or home use ?

My experience with coffee machines are :

When I have my businesses I use the brands : Gaggia / Faema / Rancillio and all this brands are good, they were two / three groups machines

When I move here I took my home rancillio with me, after few little years of moderated use, I start to have leakage problem with joints getting dry.

I bought a home gaggia and got same problems after 3 years.

Really the best I think for home use are the Saeco machines, it is the one I have now, I did not go to the fully automatic with grinder as I have my gaggia grinder I took with me from my business.

If you take one with grinder, make sure it is ceramic grinder, I think all of them are now.

For the price, I think here it is a bit more, my friend told me in phillipine it is cheaper, I bought my saeco from Boncafe, sometime they have special price.

They use to have Gaggia as well when I went there last time.

Here is the link for them

http://www.boncafe.co.th

Hi Carl

Do you want for professional use or home use ?

My experience with coffee machines are :

When I have my businesses I use the brands : Gaggia / Faema / Rancillio and all this brands are good, they were two / three groups machines

When I move here I took my home rancillio with me, after few little years of moderated use, I start to have leakage problem with joints getting dry.

I bought a home gaggia and got same problems after 3 years.

Really the best I think for home use are the Saeco machines, it is the one I have now, I did not go to the fully automatic with grinder as I have my gaggia grinder I took with me from my business.

If you take one with grinder, make sure it is ceramic grinder, I think all of them are now.

For the price, I think here it is a bit more, my friend told me in phillipine it is cheaper, I bought my saeco from Boncafe, sometime they have special price.

They use to have Gaggia as well when I went there last time.

Here is the link for them

http://www.boncafe.co.th

Just for info:

Only a few days ago it was announced that Philips bought Saeco International Group S.p.A. of Italy, one of the world’s leading espresso machine makers.

It markets its espresso machines under the brands Saeco, Gaggia and Spidem.

Philips will therefore become a global leader in coffee appliances.

LaoPo

I have had good experience with Saeco full automatic (Royal) for seven years now. Got it at Boncafe and have had good service when needed. The Boncafe own brand coffee is excellent; I prefer the Dubai espresso for morning and the Rama arabica for later in the day.

Verasu website don't have many choices it seems. Boncafe only have one fully auto machine for home use (Saeco) but no price online. Anyone know how much they are?

They must have more models, give them a ring.

before on the non automatic model i have the choice with them on

the via venezia

grand grema

via veneto

magic expresso

i paid 9800 baht after 20% discount for mine

Edited by simcity

I am using the "Black Lady" from Boncafe. It is a very simple and sturdy machine. I have it for 6 months now. I chose this machine because I saw it functioning very happily in a small coffeestall (about 50 cups a day) without any problems.

A friend of mone bought a Saeco electronic and has to renew the electronic element every year. He thinks it has to do with surges in the current.

What I find with most small homemade machine made by commercial companies (rancilio / gaggia / faema) the group joint getting dry after few years and need replacement, plus I have problem with the boiler who leak, all that was due to low usage!

Brasilia is commercial too, and they are all good for businesses.

For home, I must have own about 6-8 units until now, I was in the coffee industry and was easy for me to buy from the coffee supplier, well free most of the time !

My last buy was a saeco and I find it very good, I have the small manual one.

I just ask it for espresso, no late or cappuccino, for the manual unit I like the way when you insert the group.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

To Cornishcarlos:

I tried to answer to you kind email but i always got a mail delivery failed message.

In case, you can contact me at mobile number showed in the showroom section of our website.

Cordially

giampiero

• 2 months later...

Most of coffee mashines,in Thai Import from Europe and USA with sometime Price different over 3o Prozent bin Café have also a Shop!

Cheaper you Order on Amazon!

Stuff of repair Shops Say no name product inside exactly the same often then a brand product with higher price!

In Thai you have only one year warranty also my expensive Jura in price range of 1200 € was gone after one year, when this would happen in Thai then you can buy a new mashine in the eu got replacement or free repair within 2 year espasaly on expensive restaurant mashines this is a importent fact!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• 1 month later...

Most of coffee mashines,in Thai Import from Europe and USA with sometime Price different over 3o Prozent bin Café have also a Shop!

Cheaper you Order on Amazon!

Stuff of repair Shops Say no name product inside exactly the same often then a brand product with higher price!

In Thai you have only one year warranty also my expensive Jura in price range of 1200 € was gone after one year, when this would happen in Thai then you can buy a new mashine in the eu got replacement or free repair within 2 year espasaly on expensive restaurant mashines this is a importent fact!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Yes you right, but I can add something.

Some company they don't want to risk offering more than 1 year warranty but someone else can, depend if they invested time to verify the reliability of the products as we did.

We can offer a 1 year fully warranty plus a 2 additional years for the main parts for ALL our products not only for commercial.

The most sensible coffee machines are the fully auto and I'm proudly can say that after 26 months our model 05000 Professional used in an hotel had not any issue and still working properly and one machine totaled 22000 coffee in 8 months.

Of course this is not 100% guarantee but.........

have a good kuppa.