Friends Provident Intl

jingjingna

Friends Provident Itnl offer an endowment policy plan called Premier which I am interested in. Are there any brokers in Thailand, preferbaly Pattya based that would be able to assist and guide me through the policy

details, including the 'small print'?

Any recommendations please post here.

Thanks

:)

Edited by jingjingna

Friends Provident Itnl offer an endowment policy plan called Premier which I am interested in. Are there any brokers in Thailand, preferbaly Pattya based that would be able to assist and guide me through the policy

Thanks

Be very careful! FPI are interested only in FPI and their advisors, for whom they take no responsibility and pay huge sums, essentially, with your money.

As a customer you come well down the pecking order after you've signed and they have your money straightjacketed.

Believe me there are better ways to spend your money.

Thanks

Be very careful! FPI are interested only in FPI and their advisors, for whom they take no responsibility and pay huge sums, essentially, with your money.

As a customer you come well down the pecking order after you've signed and they have your money straightjacketed.

Believe me there are better ways to spend your money.

To the OP, I can only echo the above advice, in fact its probably the best advice you will recieve.

Is this the same FP who are now issuing shortfall warning letters in the yearly statements to those who bought endownment policies years ago?

The same policies which are I believe front end loaded, your money is used to pay commission to the so called adviors who sold you the policy.

I would be very wary of any so called advisor trying to sell me any sort of endownment policy these days, ask him why its such a good investment, ask him what his commission is, ask how long you are locked in for, what is the redemption value.

Does he have crystal balls? How can he tell you what your investment will be worth in X years time, he cant, thats why tucked away in the small print will be the disclaimer, warning past performance is no guide to future investments remember the value of your investment can go up as well as down.

Wouldnt touch it with a barge pole, as stated by the informed post above, there are better ways to invest.

This is not an investment vehicle for widows and orphans.

Thanks for the warnings folks....so what other ways would you invest in? I mean with every investment there comes a certain risk.

This plan wasn't pushed down my throat, I made the enquiry. The Term is for 10 years minimum monthly investment is 150 USD and life cover 30,000 USD AND payment protection is included. Does it sound that bad? :)

On a serious note I know nada about investing...so feel free to tear me apart!

Thanks for the warnings folks....so what other ways would you invest in? I mean with every investment there comes a certain risk.

This plan wasn't pushed down my throat, I made the enquiry. The Term is for 10 years minimum monthly investment is 150 USD and life cover 30,000 USD AND payment protection is included. Does it sound that bad? :)

On a serious note I know nada about investing...so feel free to tear me apart!

fees are really high and there are massive financial penalties for withdrawing your money with policies like these. Life cover of $30,000? Thats miniscule. I pay $40 for a $600,000 life cover policy in Australia.

Nothing wrong with a bit of financial discipline if that is what you need, but you'll find that comes about simply by making your savings plan the first 'bill' you pay after every pay day. After that, you tend to automatically save. No need for a FP and their ilk to force that on you. They'll be gouging you on fees and commissions anyway.

I'm sure the brainstrust here can point you in the direction of reasonable managed funds back in your home country (USA?) where the fees are much lower...

Alternatively, you can always sign up to managed funds here in Thailand. Aberdeen and ING Thailand give access to global funds. Fees are better and theyhave good reputations

Edited by samran