Police Conduct Further Early Morning Raid On Club Insomnia In Walking Street.

Rimmer

Pattaya, August 1 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : In the early hours of 14th March 2009, a raid of Club Insomnia located on Walking Street, took place. During the operation 42 people were arrested and charged with consuming a class 1 drug and two suspected drug dealers were also detained. The raid took place at 5.30am which is well over their permitted operating hours. No apparent action was taken against the venue back in March and the club was open for business as usual the following night.

At 5am on Saturday Morning, a similar raid of Club Insomnia took place led by Police Colonel Sarayut who was assisted by a team of narcotics officers from Chonburi Provincial Police. Over 500 patrons were found inside and random drug tests were carried out on staff and patrons. 10 women failed the urine tests and were arrested and charged with consumption of a class 1 drug. Inspections of the venues licenses revealed that their liquor license and license to operate a discotheque had expired. A report of the raid will be sent to the Banglamung District Licensing Unit for their consideration.

Source and some pictures at:

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/august...1_08_52_2.shtml

what i find most hysterical about this; there are innumerable thai clubs/karaokes that literally stay open until dawn every night,

operating with complete impunity, soi chaiyapoon, many places of 3rd rd. but they're cracking-down on the "tourist clubs" why?

what i find most hysterical about this; there are innumerable thai clubs/karaokes that literally stay open until dawn every night,

operating with complete impunity, soi chaiyapoon, many places of 3rd rd. but they're cracking-down on the "tourist clubs" why?

Economies of scales... How much do you think those all night Thai places make in a given night? Along with that, most of the girls at Insomnia will have fist full's of cash in order to walk free without so much as being tested.

Along with that, most of the girls at Insomnia will have fist full's of cash in order to walk free without so much as being tested.

I doubt that the girls in Insomnia at 5 am are carrying fists full of baht.

Along with that, most of the girls at Insomnia will have fist full's of cash in order to walk free without so much as being tested.

You would be surprised to know the balance of some accounts!

Yeah, its common knowledge that Thai's only carry as much money as is required for the day in their wallets... :)