Buying Pounds/dollars

dalmatian

Might be going to Philippines for a few months so need to take some cash. I would like to know if there is a limit in the amount of pounds sterling or dollars that I can buy at any one time. I have bought dollars before at the airport and in banks in Pattaya but only 5/600 dollars at a time. To save me going to a bank over a number of days does anybody known the maximum amount I can buy at one time or whether there is a limit to the amount I can take out with me.

I suppose I could just ask the bank but hope there are some experts on this matter on the forum.

The Federal limit is still $10k, I presume, although that might not apply here at all - it is real cowboy country there,

so take a couple hundred - you can open a bank a/c there easily - HSBC in Makati - with debit/credit/ATM cards

all in about 30 minutes. I know some real good folks there if you need.

Bubba

Might be going to Philippines for a few months so need to take some cash. I would like to know if there is a limit in the amount of pounds sterling or dollars that I can buy at any one time. I have bought dollars before at the airport and in banks in Pattaya but only 5/600 dollars at a time. To save me going to a bank over a number of days does anybody known the maximum amount I can buy at one time or whether there is a limit to the amount I can take out with me.

I suppose I could just ask the bank but hope there are some experts on this matter on the forum.

I have changed THB to $'s in the local bank to the tune of about $5000 before going on a business trip and never had any hassles, suppose the limit will depend on how much currency the bank has at the time..not aware of any limit, but suppose there must be..but no idea what it is

The Federal limit is still $10k, I presume, although that might not apply here at all - it is real cowboy country there,

so take a couple hundred - you can open a bank a/c there easily - HSBC in Makati - with debit/credit/ATM cards

all in about 30 minutes. I know some real good folks there if you need.

Bubba

I want to change Thai baht as I have too much here at the moment. I have a UK account and have used ATM's in Angeles before but I am trying to avoid taking more sterling out of the UK than I need to. Would rather change Thai baht up at the bank here. I might at some stage move out of Thailand to Philippines so just interested how much I can take with me this trip as a maximum.

The $10K limit, sorry but that is here in Thailand, not too much worried about limits in Philippines.