Retirement Visa

For the application of a visa the money can be in a bank abroad, for the application of an extension of stay from immigration in Thailand the money has to be in a bankaccount in Thailand!

Thanks for the info Mario, its much appreciated

Cheers Brian

Stick to the rules for the country you live in then you cant go wrong: Listen to those that genuinely know the answers instead of surmising.

In my opinion its very important not to allow Topics like enquiries about visa to go off track as it can be very confusing for Newbies

Thanks every one for the advise it is much appreciated, does any one know if I get a copy of a letter or statement from my Bank in England stating that i have 800,000 baht in my account if this will be accepted by the Immigration officer in Thailand. Plus i will be staying in Buayai in the North East about 70 kilometres from Khonkean, any one know which immigration office i will have to attend

Cheers Brian

If Buyai is in Khon Khen Province then If I am correct you will need to attend Nong Khai office as Nong KHai Immigration now services Khon Khen as of last year, I am sure the Mods will know better than me, looking at the map Buyai seems to be Korat area ??

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=esarn

Edited by macb

If you live in Korat province you go to Korat Immigration.

If you live in Khon Kaen province you go to Nong Khai.

Just pray that you are in Korat. :)

EDIT.

Looked on Google Maps and it is in Korat. You will find them very friendly and helpful. :D