Free Bbq Friday Night

getgoin

Anyone ever been to the free BBQ on Friday nights at the Soi 8 Pub? What was offered?

Hmm, the bbq starts after 7pm, don't know what's offered cause I don't want to stand in line with the rest of the English teachers quite frankly.

Anyways, I go to soi 8 to drink, not for a free bbq.

You get Salad,Sausages,Chicken,Pork Loin

BUT YOU GET NOTHING FREE IN THIS WORLD

Then all you who will no doubt still be hungary walk a bit further up Soi 8 and you will come to DET 5 who also have a Buffet and if you are still hungary i suggest BURGER KING :)

Don't knock the English teachers, some of them are quite fine.

Probably not the ones at Soi 8 though. :)

Nothing against them actually, but suffice to say those coming only for a few free eats (teachers or other).... Anyways enjoy!

Looks like Voodoo to me... :)
I Do not do free food, if a place offers free food I do not go on the day they offer it. I can be seen at least 2 times a week in this place as it is my bar of choice for western food. I useds to like Dubliner bar but the place is just over priced and the food went to the toilet, used to like Hunstman but again the food went to the toilet. Maybe that explains the 9 millions adds I see for the place everywhere in Bangkok. Black Swan does a good breaky and some good food at ok prices (best minced beef and onion pie in Thailand.

Soi 8 bar has my fav beer at the moment on draft which makes it extra special.

From my office to soi 8 I have to walk past at least 5 other bars trying to do the same expat bar thing but these guys have it right IMO at the moment. OK prices good quality. Problem with bars like this is over a small space of time they loose what is good about them in favor of, can not be bothered or now we are popular lets milk it too much. Hope these guys keep it up. Thumbs up except on the day they have the BBQ

I noticed last week that big Dave changed the free bbq time to 8pm to catch out a few people :)

So he should, I always find it amusing that on a Friday there are people in there that you never see on any day of the week. Still a good bar on whatever night, and that free BBQ has been going for years.

The free buffet at Det5 ain't half bad either.  I nearly missed out because I thought the guy who told me there was a 'free' buffet was pulling my legs...I mean c'mon what's with that old adage 'There's no such thing as a free lunch!'?!  Ok, it was more like tea time than lunch...still.  :D

:)

Yes, I was getting tanked with 3 mates and didn't even know about the free food until a staff member told me about it, approx 10 minutes before serving time. In the next 10 minutes, 20-30 people turned up, forming a line in front of the bbq. Lousy, cheap-assed free-loaders. One of us missed out on something to eat.

Yes, I was getting tanked with 3 mates and didn't even know about the free food until a staff member told me about it, approx 10 minutes before serving time. In the next 10 minutes, 20-30 people turned up, forming a line in front of the bbq. Lousy, cheap-assed free-loaders. One of us missed out on something to eat.

How does SOI 8 bar get around the non-smoking laws????

You get Salad,Sausages,Chicken,Pork Loin

BUT YOU GET NOTHING FREE IN THIS WORLD

Then all you who will no doubt still be hungary walk a bit further up Soi 8 and you will come to DET 5 who also have a Buffet and if you are still hungary i suggest BURGER KING :)

like your badge of Ipswich Town.. How do you do it. Try to download from my blue tooth folder to my profile but nothing happens.

I could be wrong (or drunk) but did i not notice last Friday everyone popping outside for a smoke?

Have to agree, that some of them take the piss. Come in buy one drink, eat platefuls of food and then piss off down the road to DET5 for more free grub. :)

There are smoking bars,just requires tea money. :):D:D:D:D

I could be wrong (or drunk) but did i not notice last Friday everyone popping outside for a smoke?

There are smoking bars,just requires tea money. :):D:D:D:D

Nobody was smoking that I could see.

I have been there many times during the last 2 months and smoking is allowed... ask the staff and they giggle and walk away... even Dave smokes inside

If that below is supposed to be an endorsement of the Soi 8 Pub... it's NOT for me...

Exactly because they do allow and even encourage smoking, I avoid the place like the plague.....

Your lungs.... your choice.... :)

I have been there many times during the last 2 months and smoking is allowed... ask the staff and they giggle and walk away... even Dave smokes inside

"even Dave smokes inside".

It's not what you know it's who you know :)

I went to this bar, once. A mate and I were sitting ouside, having a beer. We spotted a friend of ours walking along the soi, with a beer in his hand, we called him over for a quick chat. Our friend stayed in the soi, outside the bar. The manager came out and told our mate to clear off because he wasn't drinking the pub's own beer. We said he was being unreasonable, so he called his bouncers over. We have, and never will go back.

His mrs is well 'connected'

As for the free bbq - i've noticed many people wandering off the street and free-loading without buying a drink.

I went to this bar, once. A mate and I were sitting ouside, having a beer. We spotted a friend of ours walking along the soi, with a beer in his hand, we called him over for a quick chat. Our friend stayed in the soi, outside the bar. The manager came out and told our mate to clear off because he wasn't drinking the pub's own beer. We said he was being unreasonable, so he called his bouncers over. We have, and never will go back.

Sure there wasn't a bit more to the story like...

your mate shows up with a chang from 711, the waitress tells him he needs to order a drink from the bar as well, he says no thanks and continues to drink his chang.

Owner asks him to leave then. Seems normal to me.

Walked by there once while the BBQ was in full swing. I stopped by for a plate. It wasn't fantansti, but it certainly was OK. And the price is right. I didn't bother to get a drink, but I did stop by on another date with 8 other people for a late-night meal (Via Vai was already closed,)

If that below is supposed to be an endorsement of the Soi 8 Pub... it's NOT for me...

Exactly because they do allow and even encourage smoking, I avoid the place like the plague.....

Your lungs.... your choice.... :)

Thanks for the lead, guys. As I am a smoker I will drop in Soi 8 bar next time I am in Bangkok, in, eh, 24 hours!

My lungs, my choice. Say no to Nanny!

Sunny

Thanks for the lead, guys. As I am a smoker I will drop in Soi 8 bar next time I am in Bangkok, in, eh, 24 hours!

My lungs, my choice. Say no to Nanny!

Sunny

Your lungs are your choice but the other ppl's lungs you pollute are their choice.