Cheap Flights Cm To Bkk

ctrunfree

Hello folks

Can some of you frequent travelers give me an idea on cheap flights one way CM to BKK. Present searching throws up Bangkok Airways as most convenient/cheapish, with a quoted 990 baht fare for 21 day advance purchase. Unfortunately this becomes 1560 baht after a "airport surcharge". Are most airlines going to be hit with a similar add on, and does the final fare seem reasonable value in any case?

Hello folks

Can some of you frequent travelers give me an idea on cheap flights one way CM to BKK. Present searching throws up Bangkok Airways as most convenient/cheapish, with a quoted 990 baht fare for 21 day advance purchase. Unfortunately this becomes 1560 baht after a "airport surcharge". Are most airlines going to be hit with a similar add on, and does the final fare seem reasonable value in any case?

did you try air asia?? amazingly cheap if you book far enough in advance

Hello folks

Air Asia? Watch out for hidden charges...

I don't think there are any hidden charges with Air Asia....read the details, and now they are quoting the price all inclusive of fuel surcharges & tax. There are charges for baggage, seat selection, food, etc, but not hidden. Their booking system works well and you can pay for the ticket a 7/11, it comes to you via email.

Hello folks

Air Asia do indeed have some amazing bargains, especially if you can book months ahead. I guess most people that go to Bangkok usually don't book months ahead though....do they?

Just as a side issue (sorry if it's off topic) which might be useful to some people here. I've flown with AA, KL- London - KL and have now booked my one way seat for next April 28th, KL- London 4,928 Baht....I'll book the return which is more expensive because of higher tax in UK, when it comes out. There is about another 1,000 baht for 20 kg bag, they can keep their meals and entertainment. It's a good flight, well worth checking out.....non-stop Kuala Lumpur - London for under 5,000 Baht can't be bad. :)

BOOKING SUMMARY

DepartKuala Lumpur LCCT(KUL) to London(STN)

Wed 28 Apr 2010 D7 2008 Depart 1500Arrive 2230

icon_plus.gif, Depart Total 479.00 MYR

icon_minus.gif, Depart Total 479.00 MYR 1 Guest @ 454.00 454.00 MYR Airport Tax 25.00 MYR Total 479.00 MYR

CURRENCY CONVERTER

Total 4,928.00 THB

Edited by uptheos

I usually find either Air Asia or Nok Air the best value (as others have stated, just check for any hidden charges. Particularly watch out for your luggage weight if you are taking any :) Personally though, i havent had any problems with either airline. Do like Nok Air the best though. )

Oh, and Air Asia goes to Suvarnabhumi, Nok air to Don Muang. That one is worth noting! :D

Can some of you frequent travelers give me an idea on cheap flights one way CM to BKK. <snip> Are most airlines going to be hit with a similar add on, and does the final fare seem reasonable value in any case?

Air Asia are often the cheapest. Thai are rarely the cheapest. That is about all you can say, as the situation changes daily with sales, specials and as each specific flight gradually fills up. You need to check on the net each morning and then cross fingers that a better deal doesn't emerge moments after you book.

The pricing structure varies with each airline, and also changes from time to time, so again you need to check this at the time of booking. Some have all inclusive prices but most make you work some way through a booking until you get the complete picture.

Value is in the eye of the beholder, but any flight beats a 12 hour train trip!

"Value is in the eye of the beholder, but any flight beats a 12 hour train trip!"

How true, rolling into Hualamphong at 0600 with droopy eyelids because your carriage was full of tourists that decided to have a late night party. At 881 baht for a 12 hour second class lower - no value.

Rarely have I found a fare cheaper than Air Asia, I think it's only happened twice in the 5 years I've been in Thailand. The other airlines was One-Two-Go (Orient Thai) and Nok Air. The major problem (if you have connecting flights) is One-Two-Go and Nok Air only fly to Don Muang Airport.

Here are the respective websites:

www.airasia.com

www.fly12go.com

www.nokair.co.th

Of course the airfares depend on how far in advance you book, but like I said, in all the years I've been flying in Thailand, Air Asia has been the cheapest.

Hello folks

..also,never take off or arrive on time or worst still, delays never announced earlier and :) last minute cancellations of flights with no compensation whatsoever....

Air Asia are never on time. I've never used them and never will. If you are expecting to connect to other airlines you may not make the connections and they offer no comeback.

Just as a side issue (sorry if it's off topic) which might be useful to some people here. I've flown with AA, KL- London - KL and have now booked my one way seat for next April 28th, KL- London 4,928 Baht....I'll book the return which is more expensive because of higher tax in UK, when it comes out. There is about another 1,000 baht for 20 kg bag, they can keep their meals and entertainment. It's a good flight, well worth checking out.....non-stop Kuala Lumpur - London for under 5,000 Baht can't be bad.

I'd rather pay THB171,630 and fly in a bit of comfort with SQ on the A380 for a round trip to London.

Air Asia are never on time. I've never used them and never will. If you are expecting to connect to other airlines you may not make the connections and they offer no comeback.
Just as a side issue (sorry if it's off topic) which might be useful to some people here. I've flown with AA, KL- London - KL and have now booked my one way seat for next April 28th, KL- London 4,928 Baht....I'll book the return which is more expensive because of higher tax in UK, when it comes out. There is about another 1,000 baht for 20 kg bag, they can keep their meals and entertainment. It's a good flight, well worth checking out.....non-stop Kuala Lumpur - London for under 5,000 Baht can't be bad.

I'd rather pay THB171,630 and fly in a bit of comfort with SQ on the A380 for a round trip to London.

'Never' on time. Ok my watch must have been wrong.

I agree about the connecting bit though. I fly from KL after getting away to the beach during the Songkran mayhem and then visiting friends in KL, so I don't miss my connection.

If I had THB171,630 to squander, I probably too would fly SQ A380....but I don't. :)

:D never, never, never connect any flight with air asia anywhere unless you are a lawyer. no refund, no apologies, no compensation for their errors...will never never never fly with them again, ever..... :)

nice

you get the lie flat bed, with tv?

a380singaporeair02.jpg

name='Blinky Bill' date='2009-08-04 00:13:56' post='2917375']

Got to disagree with you on this one Blinky, flew Air Asia, CNX - KL - Stanstead all flights arrived on time , the time before that I flew Qantas and was delayed in Bangkok for 7 hours. If my return flight to CNX isn't delayed I'll resurrect this post for a gloat if it is I'll acquiesce to your superior knowledge :)

Just picked up 4 x 1580 Bt tics r/t Bangkok -CM plus one single CM -Bangkok (for moi) at 790 Bt but the one way on my arrival day Friday 18th Sept.was about 100 bt cheaper on Thai ... promotion...and you get the ha roi miles .... :D

Combined with my 400 quid return on EVA ...happy enough .....and the pound has jumped up a bit.....roll on 1.70 /$....60 Bt -Pound :).........No 1 Bar-Tuskers-Saloon..Ba Ba Boo,,,..Jucy lucys..... :D

Harry Endfield had a charachter in his act just like you - he was called 'Loadsamoney' - brilliant!!

Search for him on Youtube. Check out 'Harry Enfield - Loadsamoney - I've Got Piles

..................................Piles of money'.

He did The Scousers too, so we do have something in common after all. What a thought!!

Edited by KevinHunt

I hope for that price ($5K US) you get more than a "bit" of comfort. :)

The burning question of the day is, who is picking up the tab, you or the company?

"Value is in the eye of the beholder, but any flight beats a 12 hour train trip!"

How true, rolling into Hualamphong at 0600 with droopy eyelids because your carriage was full of tourists that decided to have a late night party. At 881 baht for a 12 hour second class lower - no value.

I rather like the train on occasions. A tight squeeze but the other half doesn't have a weight problem, 2700b in a so called first class cabin makes a change from the plane once in a while. Adds an air of romance to travel (conjuring up images of the Orient express) and usually arrives 2 hours late. OK if you're not on a tight schedule.

regards Bojo

When flying to BKK to Chiang Mai (or to Kuala Lumpur), I've never been delayed flying Air Asia and I've must have used them 30+ times. So to say NEVER on-time, would be completely wrong. I'd venture a guess that as far as being on-time goes, they'd be on par with a lot of the other airlines, save for maybe Thai Airways, who are always given preference at BKK Airport and Chiang Mai International.

I have ridden the night train at least 6 times and have never had the pleasure of experiencing a late night party. Just my luck :)

Since I dislike AC, the 2nd class sleeper seat only costs 581 baht.

Unfortunately, as someone has stated, the trains tend to arrive 1 to 2 hours late.

I have ridden the night train at least 6 times and have never had the pleasure of experiencing a late night party. Just my luck :)

Since I dislike AC, the 2nd class sleeper seat only costs 581 baht.

Unfortunately, as someone has stated, the trains tend to arrive 1 to 2 hours late.

Did the train back in February and on the return journey we were 5 hours late getting into CM. For some reason the train stopped but I didn't notice as I was fast asleep for at least some of the extra hours.

By the way; Thai airways may get priority from ATC in Thailand but I have been on five flights with them over the past 3 years that have been late leaving either BKK or CNX. I have been flying around the world now for close to 46 years and I have never known any airline that does not suffer delays.

Did the train back in February and on the return journey we were 5 hours late getting into CM. For some reason the train stopped but I didn't notice as I was fast asleep for at least some of the extra hours.

Sounds like the extra 5 hours did you some good. :):D