Trying To Find A Maid / Cleaner

nephilim

Our maid has resigned.

That was a shock, not quite sure why (except we had a somewhat different view of exactly what "hourly rate" meant!) but now we need a new one and really are not too sure where to look.

So I was wondering, does anyone here have recommendations? We have a small apartment, not far from Asok BTW (5 mins walk) and the other maid tended to spend 3 hours, once a week, cleaning from top to bottom. Nothing else, no cooking or anything. Just pure dusting, cleaning, floor washing etc.

Some english would be nice, obviously, but not essential.

If anyone can recommend a place to look or even a person, please let us know!

Thanks

Neph.

Our maid has resigned.

That was a shock, not quite sure why (except we had a somewhat different view of exactly what "hourly rate" meant!) but now we need a new one and really are not too sure where to look.

So I was wondering, does anyone here have recommendations? We have a small apartment, not far from Asok BTW (5 mins walk) and the other maid tended to spend 3 hours, once a week, cleaning from top to bottom. Nothing else, no cooking or anything. Just pure dusting, cleaning, floor washing etc.

Thanks

Neph.

Sometimes you don`t realize how good your staff are until they have gone.

Always best if possible to compromise. :o

Our maid has resigned.

Thanks

Neph.

Yeah, managing staff here might be considered a fine art for farangs here. And our learning curve here is mostly based on the 'hard way', isn't it? :D

Our maid has resigned.

Thanks

Neph.

Yeah, managing staff here might be considered a fine art for farangs here. And our learning curve here is mostly based on the 'hard way', isn't it? :D

Yeah sometimes it can be real hard to replace staff who have left. Yes managing staff anywhere is a fine art these days.

The security guards always seem to know a maid or two that need work :o

Well, thats where we got ours from anyway, and for 8 hours a day/7 days a week for 4k baht, she does a really good job too!!!

The security guards always seem to know a maid or two that need work  :D

Well, thats where we got ours from anyway, and for 8 hours a day/7 days a week for 4k baht, she does a really good job too!!!

133 baht a day. Is that even legal? :o

it ends up quite a bit more than that when you add up the tips and food etc, but she earns a lot more than her tuktuk driver hubby.

"Sometimes you don`t realize how good your staff are until they have gone.

Always best if possible to compromise."

Actually, she was complete crap. I'd wanted to fire her for weeks, since I figured she was stealing some small stuff like cutlery and her idea of cleaning included rearrangign toothbrushes and not cleaning the toilet. She was recommended by the owner, though :o

The condo staff do - and will - clean the apt, I just prefer an outsider really. Less gossip for the staff and security guards... "oooo those farang... i tell you... "

neph.

My maid is pretty good. She comes here every Wed. for an hour. She never steal anything. Sometimes we watch Britney Spears music vedio together. hehe She doesnt understand, but she looks very happy. She is really lovely. I like her very much.

Actually, she was complete crap. I'd wanted to fire her for weeks, since I figured she was stealing some small stuff like cutlery and her idea of cleaning included rearrangign toothbrushes and not cleaning the toilet. She was recommended by the owner, though :o

The condo staff do - and will - clean the apt, I just prefer an outsider really. Less gossip for the staff and security guards... "oooo those farang... i tell you... "

neph.

...So you wanted to fire her for borrowing the odd knife and fork and playing with the toothbrushes.....maybe you should have shown her how to bleach the toilet.......all sounds a bit petty to me.....she was probably glad to get away... :D

neph.

What you have not realised is that she is not rearranging the tooth brushes but useing them to clean the toilet - she must have thought you were a crap employer too.

Ajarn - how does the maths work on this one

4000/7 = 133 ???

sure good method of bringing the hourly rates down though :D

Ajarn - how does the maths work on this one

4000/7 = 133 ???

sure good method of bringing the hourly rates down though :D

Try 4000 divided by 30 or 31 days, you get your answer!!.

If your giving your maid 4 grand a week I hope shes dusting more than yer ornaments!!

Actually, she was complete crap. I'd wanted to fire her for weeks, since I figured she was stealing some small stuff like cutlery and her idea of cleaning included rearrangign toothbrushes and not cleaning the toilet. She was recommended by the owner, though :D

neph.

What you have not realised is that she is not rearranging the tooth brushes but useing them to clean the toilet - she must have thought you were a crap employer too.

Now there`s Thai initiative for you.. :o

it ends up quite a bit more than that when you add up the tips and food etc, but she earns a lot more than her tuktuk driver hubby.

The reason that minimum wage is not strictly enforced on domestic work may be because the nature and work load of domestic work is different from business or factory work. So, the demand and supply rules play the role here. If a maid has to work under a very demanding situation like a factory worker, she may not do it for 4K.

Edited by Wekhin

Our maid has resigned.

Thanks

Neph.

Hi Neph,

Somone just listed such a service in Bkk on http://www.bahtsold.com

Can't vouch for the service since I don't know them but good luck in your search.

daniel