Hypnotist

eek

I did do a search, which brought up this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Hypnotist-t1...mp;hl=hypnotist But, this one is focusing on hypnotism and other methods in regards to stopping smoking. So, thought best to make a new thread. (My own personal reason for wanting to go is here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Fear-Heights...76#entry2919576 if that is relevant or not).

So..does anyone know of good reputable Hypnotists in Chiang Mai?

If possible an indication of fee(s) would be great also.

Thank you kindly in advance :)

I did do a search, which brought up this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Hypnotist-t1...mp;hl=hypnotist But, this one is focusing on hypnotism and other methods in regards to stopping smoking. So, thought best to make a new thread. (My own personal reason for wanting to go is here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Fear-Heights...76#entry2919576 if that is relevant or not).

here is the master. he sees dead people....

now practices uga buga here in CM.. has groups gratis ...

post-77745-1249546078_thumb.jpg

gator, this weeks stuff yr smoking must have extra kick :D

Haha! I can believe it.

..However, im looking for a more conventional approach to the uga buga method. Maybe next time :)

Hypnotist Neil Beechwood used to come up to work with people up here in CM, but apparently he has left the country. I do have a hypnotism CD though which works for me. I quit with no side effects - for about six months when I start up again - and all it takes is 45 minutes of quiet listening. PM me if you are interested in a copy. Pom

Sorry, just to clarify the other thread was in regards to stopping smoking, thats why i made this one. Im personally looking for one that tackles phobias.

I dont smoke, Sao Jiang Mai, but thanks anyway. :)

Sorry, just to clarify the other thread was in regards to stopping smoking, thats why i made this one. Im personally looking for one that tackles phobias.

I dont smoke, Sao Jiang Mai, but thanks anyway. :)

Maybe you do not quite understand....

this is a diplocat,a world traveler and a mystic kitty ...

now he tells me the tigger kitty told him last week that he see dead people too.... so now they both see dead people... this means two cats in one house seeing dead people

together these kitties can in fact move mountains

so don't sweat it working togther they can tackle phobias as they sleep. in one cat nap all cured~~

post-77745-1249569763_thumb.jpg

post-77745-1249569797_thumb.jpg

Edited by gatorhead333

Hi Eek, One consideration for when you actually get to see a hypnotists would be to ask what the actual cause of your fears is; they may be able to find out since they go deep into your subconscious mind and if they find the answer, it could fix the problem by itself. Just a thought. Good luck.

Hi Eek, One consideration for when you actually get to see a hypnotists would be to ask what the actual cause of your fears is; they may be able to find out since they go deep into your subconscious mind and if they find the answer, it could fix the problem by itself. Just a thought. Good luck.

Hi Carlos.

Does sound like a far more productive way of sorting it out. Have thought about Hypnotherapy before actually, but the concept makes me a little nervous. However, at this point i seem to be getting nowhere even finding a decent recommended Hypnotherapist, let alone finding the courage to go to one..looks like sources are thin on the ground though sadly.

Dont like the idea of going to just anyone who may say they offer Hypnotherapy. ..the mind is a fragile thing!

sorry me and my cats thought this uga buga thing was a joke.. kinda like quacka practors but at least uga bugas cannot hurt you like a quaxkapractor may...

i put more faith in my two cats they see dead people and talk to them late at nite.....

Might seem a bit funny and a bit of a joke gator, but for me its very real. Not debilitating (well, in so much that I either avoid high levels/heights, or feel physically ill if i find myself any place where the phobia kicks in), but certainly not fun. :)

Edit: But you do have extremely beautiful cats. Always a pleasure to see images of them. Even if hijacking my thread :D

and btw..love the mouse toy that you obviously taped down ..so sweet!

Edited by eek

Is it ONLY a phobia of heights you have difficulty with, eek? As a child, I was always afraid of heights, but not to the point of phobia. I was able to overcome it by FORCING myself into situations where I had to climb exposed cliffs. It took a while and did it a little bit at a time, but eventually I got over the worst of it. But, I still get a queezy feeling looking over a cliff from an exposed position. I've got a friend who can cut off the top of a 200 foot fir and then stand on the tiny space on top of it.

Just try a little bit at a time like I did and then increase the height step by step.

Skeena_hunt_26.sized.jpg

Ian_on_cliff.jpg

Now I'm happy standing on the observation platform of the Jomptien tower or even taking the harness trip down...

Jomptien_Tower_1.sized.jpg

Jomptien_Tower_9.sized.jpg

Tanya_2.sized.jpg

Sorry I can't be of much help with a hypnotist in Thailand. I was going to post something silly about handing out your Visa card and pin number, but phobias are a real problem to some people and shouldn't be joked about... kind of like making jokes about someone's excess weight.

Hi Carlos.

Does sound like a far more productive way of sorting it out. Have thought about Hypnotherapy before actually, but the concept makes me a little nervous. However, at this point i seem to be getting nowhere even finding a decent recommended Hypnotherapist, let alone finding the courage to go to one..looks like sources are thin on the ground though sadly.

Dont like the idea of going to just anyone who may say they offer Hypnotherapy. ..the mind is a fragile thing!

Hi Eek,

I agree, it should be someone with good qualifications and recommendations. By the way, it not always works, back in the states, I did try hypnosis once, but it didn't work, the guy said that my mind was too strong. May not be easy to find one in Chiang Mai, have you tried Bangkok? When you get the fear of the heights, can you recall or try to find anything else associated with it that may bring a clue as to why it happens? It's got to be a very clear cut reason as to why, maybe from some old event, etc, don't think it can happen just by itself with no cause. Next time you experience it, maybe you can try to still your mind and go deep within and see if anything else comes out? just ideas. Good luck.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Eek,

I know someone here, an older woman, who paid some local farang hypnotist 6,000 baht to supposedly help her "stop" smoking (and the hypnotist claimed he was giving her a huge discount at that price). She returned to smoking in a month or two, I believe (whether she now smokes less, or feels the money was wasted : I don't know).

While I personally view "hypnosis as cultural phenomenon" as a gimmicky exploitation of some range of the possible states of consciousness we are all capable of ... and the aspect of human nature that desires the "miraculous" ... there are science based short-term "behavioral" therapies that have very excellent results with specific phobias, like fear of snakes, fear of heights.

The behavioral therapy technique that has been demonstrated effective with fear of heights (and snakes) is called "systematic desensitization," and, interestingly, it does involve the person attempting to lessen or end their acrophobia using a series of progressive guided fantasies. The client is usually taught some method of attaining overall muscle relaxation (such as Jacobsen's exercises) and then, over a number of sessions, visualizes the "phobic scenario" at a "distance" (or low threshold) where the state of muscle relaxation is maintained (in very sophisticated settings relaxation can be monitored harmlessly and non-intrusively by measuring gsr (galvanic skin response), pulse, breathing, etc.

While I personally view "strict behavioral therapies" as based on some flawed assumptions about human beings (focusing on conditioned responses, imho a form of reductionism based on a mechanical world-view, and generally ignoring the fundamental aspects of consciousness and sentience), there is no doubt that for very specific phobias they are quite effective : and, a nice side effect, they don't require to "turn your soul inside out" and explore what your mother or father did, or did not, do :)

By the way I share a variant of fear of heights with you : but I was never afraid to climb trees, steep rocks, mountains, etc. (my human being, when a boy, was always up in the trees). My fear is very specific : if I am on top of a building without a high protective ledge around the roof, I have the irrational feeling/fear that something is "drawing me towards the edge."

And people that walk on tight-ropes over great heights : just the picture of them makes me cringe :D

By the way, I do vaguely know a woman from Scotland here who does guided fantasy work and light hypnosis as a part of therapy; not sure what her credentials are : pm me if you'd like me to put you in touch with her. My sense is she is not scientifically sophisiticated at all, but is a warm and nurturant person. She's definitely not a conscious fraud as I suspect other farangs around here doing pseudo-mystical stuff are.

best, ~o:37;

Hi guys, as you can see from the other thread I initially posted (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Fear-Heights-falling-t285968.html&p=2919576#entry2919576) I was a rock climber for many years. I described the feeling/problem im having in the other thread.

I appreciate the replies. I may look into Bangkok. But for now im guess my best approach is the self-help approached. Sleepyjohn recommended a self-help CBT cognitive behaviour therapy book: "Panic Attacks Workbook: A Guided Program for Beating the Panic Trick" by David Carbonell ( http://www.anxietycoach.com/panic.htm ). This should apparently cover the feelings im experiencing.

Have had a couple of pm's too, and thats appreciated also.

I think i will give David Carbonells book a shot for now, as his website seems quite interesting.

If anyone does hear of a good Hypnotherapist in CM however, please let me know.

Thanks. :)

After reading your other thread on the health forum I see where you are coming from. I can relate somewhat about the open space thing. If I can hold onto something there is no problem looking down from steep cliff areas, but not standing at the precipice with nothing to hold onto. Starting over a cliff top when rapelling is always the scary part, but I'm okay once on the face.

I still think if you take it a little bit at a time you will be okay, but you'll never get over it completely. Good luck.

Hi guys, as you can see from the other thread I initially posted (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Fear-Heights-falling-t285968.html&p=2919576#entry2919576) I was a rock climber for many years. I described the feeling/problem im having in the other thread.

I appreciate the replies. I may look into Bangkok. But for now im guess my best approach is the self-help approached. Sleepyjohn recommended a self-help CBT cognitive behaviour therapy book: "Panic Attacks Workbook: A Guided Program for Beating the Panic Trick" by David Carbonell ( http://www.anxietycoach.com/panic.htm ). This should apparently cover the feelings im experiencing.

Have had a couple of pm's too, and thats appreciated also.

I think i will give David Carbonells book a shot for now, as his website seems quite interesting.

If anyone does hear of a good Hypnotherapist in CM however, please let me know.

Thanks. :)

miss eek, asking for a hypnotist is about the same as asking for David Blaine to work on you. come on now!

this is why i recommended my cats that actually see dead people! .. they told me!( the un real )

remember Houdini wanting, thinking he could see his dead mom? about the same place as a hypnotist .

fear of heights may well be some higher power stepping in protecting you from a certain future demise if you believe in, can consider/born destiny.. who knows. If you have true panic attacks then you need real people,real help not clowns and maybe a little more than my cats!.

maybe consider the 21 century route by

finding a licensed psychologist maybe then get referred to a real medical doctor specializing in panic attacks that will work some with you not zanax you . but maybe it is real magic of the universe keeping you safe from harm. Believe in this before thinking there is a hypnotist to do the uga buga on you freeing you mind from fear. If somehow this fear goes to the point of elevators then you need a trained MD in this field now an uga buga clown.

by the way the little toy is the grey baby kitties friend that lives by his bed we taped this furry mouse to his bed( no it is not a live mouse). he doesn't bother it knowing it is his friend which comforts him late at night when he sees the dead people.

<< I think i will give David Carbonells book a shot for now, as his website seems quite interesting >>

Wish you success.

In the event you do not obtain the expected results you can try out EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). There are two trained practitioners in Thailand, but the system is mainly designed as self-help. Have a look at emofree.com.

Again, thanks all.

Edit: Out of curiosity, is this something that a Psychologist would take on? Seems so moderate to bother a Doctor with this. However, i wouldnt rule out the idea. Maybe can delve into a few other neurosises (is that the plural of neurosis? :D) at the same time! :)

Does anyone actually then know of a qualified psychologist they could recommend? (Although i still intend to follow sleepyjohns advice, a Psychologist would be something worth thinking about) Hmm..actually i think their was a thread on where to go for depression, I guess i will check there out. Just feel a bit silly looking for a Psychologist for something like this when there are people who have serious needs. Wouldnt want the doc rolling his eyeballs and sending me out the door!

Edited by eek

dear eek

i qualified as a hypnotheripist in 1984...

have had extensive experience with a very successful practice in london...

whether i am good or reputable is something you might have to decide for yourself....

yes it could be interesting looking into this matter together...

i live in chiangmai most of the year..

i am in london right now...

back to chiangmai mid september..

best wishes..

interested