Bangkok Snake Farm

nisha0901

Was planning to take my son to the Bangkok snake farm ..heard its somewhere close to sathorn / saladange area..

is it really worth a visit ? how much is the entrance fees ?

Which is the closest BTS ?

:)

Check Mr Google for: bangkok snake farm

Lots of hits, here's just one: http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/..._Farm-BR-1.html

It's off of Rama IV road just up from the Saladeng BTS station, on the right. Part of the large Chula Hospital complex. Look for the old old style two story building set back from the road by a circular driveway. The snake farm is in the rear.

Mac

Was planning to take my son to the Bangkok snake farm ..heard its somewhere close to sathorn / saladange area..

is it really worth a visit ? how much is the entrance fees ?

Which is the closest BTS ?

:)

Can't remember the entrance fee but it is not very much.

It's a proper snake farm where they actually milk the snakes for their venom for use in producing antivenom. It's not like the shows at the beach resorts which are there purely to mistreat snakes and milk money from tourists. The show is not the major activity but it is a money maker for the operation, therefore it is worth a visit as your money helps fund the operation. Suggest google to find the showtimes.

It is also close to Sam Yan underground station.

If this is the same snake farm on the grounds of the Red Cross Hospital, I took my son there last month & it's definitely well worth it. They have a covered outdoor exhibit area & they have an excellent 2 floors snake exhibit inside the air conditioned building. They have a morning venom milking show inside a little theater & a snake handling show outside in the afternoon. Hours are 9:30am to 3:30pm Mon thru Friday & 9:30 to 1pm on weekends & holidays. The admission cost for a farang is 200 baht but I used my Thai driver's license to get the local Thai resident cost of 50 baht. Don't even try to negotiate the farang price unless you are a true resident of Thailand. Anyhow, a surprsingly good snake exhibit well worth the nominal cost. Very different than the Chiang Mai snake farms which focus more on the snake handling show than the snake exhibits themselves. Enjoy...

I go every few years. Quite fun and rather educational. Worth it in my view...very reasonable.

Thanks guys for all the info ...is it walking distance from saladange station ? should i take the exit towards burger king or central silom?

I go every few years. Quite fun and rather educational. Worth it in my view...very reasonable.

Thanks guys for all the info ...is it walking distance from saladange station ? should i take the exit towards burger king or central silom?

Yes, or the subway station at Sam Yan.

• 2 weeks later...

I could swear I went in 2003 ish and it cost 70 thb then so the price seems to have gone up a lot in recent years.

If this is the same snake farm on the grounds of the Red Cross Hospital, I took my son there last month & it's definitely well worth it. They have a covered outdoor exhibit area & they have an excellent 2 floors snake exhibit inside the air conditioned building. They have a morning venom milking show inside a little theater & a snake handling show outside in the afternoon. Hours are 9:30am to 3:30pm Mon thru Friday & 9:30 to 1pm on weekends & holidays. The admission cost for a farang is 200 baht but I used my Thai driver's license to get the local Thai resident cost of 50 baht. Don't even try to negotiate the farang price unless you are a true resident of Thailand. Anyhow, a surprsingly good snake exhibit well worth the nominal cost. Very different than the Chiang Mai snake farms which focus more on the snake handling show than the snake exhibits themselves. Enjoy...