Gatherings In Phuket

nicholasmerwood

I was thinking, although I don't live in Phuket yet; in the near future (if you guys don't already do this)

have farung gatherings each weekend and have it at a different persons house each time - get pissed have a bbq and catch up.

Obviously it would have to be with only people who get along, but we can always kick out the idiots :)

That would give the wifeys a chance to catch up with other like minded thai lady's too. We could even organise this on the beach every now and then?

Sorry if I'm years behind and this is already going on.

I was thinking, although I don't live in Phuket yet; in the near future (if you guys don't already do this)

have farung gatherings each weekend and have it at a different persons house each time - get pissed have a bbq and catch up.

Obviously it would have to be with only people who get along, but we can always kick out the idiots :)

That would give the wifeys a chance to catch up with other like minded thai lady's too. We could even organise this on the beach every now and then?

Sorry if I'm years behind and this is already going on.

It's a good idea.

Unfortunately, i have some doubts whether it will work.

On friendlier forums perhaps. This forum tends to create more enemies than friends for some reason.

I frequent 4 different forums and Thai Visa is the most negative.

I think that means posters are sometimes afraid to actually meet face to face.

I've had some great times at other forum's get togethers though, and would attend one if you would set it up.

I plan to be at the get together that it already in the planning for next week at the Sportsman's Club (I believe that's where the final decision has it happening?)

I have not heard anything about a final decision on TV bbq at the Sportsmans club as the initial enthusiasm seems to have wavered. There are plenty of bbqs at bars around the island where one can strike up friendships. More formal gatherings can be had at Rotary meetings, every Tuesday in Patong, once a month at the IBAP (International Business Association of Phuket), Phuket International Women's Club, Farang Ladies Club, etc.

It can surely not be too hard to meet & make some like minded friends & organise private parties.