Anyone Know Of A Reliable Thai Contractor?

A mate of mine has a couple of units in a new Jomtien condo.

The basic refurbishment work has been completed, but there is still a fair bit of work to be done. He has been called away and asked me to see what I could find out. The contractor has done a runner by the sound of it.

The sort of things left to be finished are:

1. A small area of floor tiling.

2. Completing some brickwork, plastering and then tiling.

3. Some plumbing work

4. Fitting curtain rails, towel rails and so forth

5. Some electrical work

6. Fitting, painting and varnishing new doors

7. Final painting of walls and ceilings.

Does any expat know of a reliable Thai contractor that wants the work? I doubt it is worth looking for a Farang contractor as there is probably not enough room to soak up the rip-off factor. :o

Thanks. :D

I fear that "reliable Thai contractor" is an oxymoron.

Who ever you use, you will have to stand over them every step of the way,

and not be afraid to STOP, calling the main man if you see anything amiss. Don't let the work run on, until the problem is fixed!!

I am moving your post to the Building section so that you can get more general advice from other members

A mate of mine has a couple of units in a new Jomtien condo.

The basic refurbishment work has been completed, but there is still a fair bit of work to be done. He has been called away and asked me to see what I could find out. The contractor has done a runner by the sound of it.

The sort of things left to be finished are:

1. A small area of floor tiling.

2. Completing some brickwork, plastering and then tiling.

3. Some plumbing work

4. Fitting curtain rails, towel rails and so forth

5. Some electrical work

6. Fitting, painting and varnishing new doors

7. Final painting of walls and ceilings.

Does any expat know of a reliable Thai contractor that wants the work? I doubt it is worth looking for a Farang contractor as there is probably not enough room to soak up the rip-off factor. :o

Thanks. :D

Khun Calint Eastwood. :D

I fear that "reliable Thai contractor" is an oxymoron.

Who ever you use, you will have to stand over them every step of the way,

and not be afraid to STOP, calling the main man if you see anything amiss.  Don't let the work run on, until the problem is fixed!!

I am moving your post to the Building section so that you can get more general advice from other members

Thanks for the thought, but I was not looking for general advice, I was seeking specific contractors in Pattaya that people have actually used.

I am also fully aware of the problems involved in dealing with Thai workers as I have supervised two major house refurbishments myself in Pattaya over the years.

Yes, it was a nightmare!

My strategy was to stand over them, order the materials myself and only pay them around 50% of the work completed to my satisfaction. Even then, once I paid them a progress payment they would clear off for a day or three and only return when they needed money. :D

Accordingly, as I was looking for specific up to date info peculiar to Pattaya, I would appreciate you moving the thread back to the Pattaya Forum if that's OK.

I have tried all my old contact numbers but as they are all over six years out of date it is hardly surprising I cannot get hold of anyone. :o

What I was hoping for was a recommendation from someone who had used a local recently.

Btw, all the farang contractors I know use Thai labour anyway. Yes, they have the headache of controlling the workers, but they also charge for their 'supervisory skills' like a wounded buffalo. :D