Keeping You On Your Toes.

Geekfreaklover

Here is an anology for you.

You have a new girlfriend. She is a foreign girlfriend. At first you were attracted to her assumed foreign wisdom and education. She has lots of money which she is willing to spend on you. The only problem is that you really do not like her. She smells bad. She has bad fashion sense and she is ignorant about your upbringing and your culture. She has bad breath. In short, she pays the bills, but apart from that she is not really welcome to hang around for a long time. You don't like her too much, but she comes in handy to do odd jobs about the house and help out with the poorer members of your family.

What do you do?

Well, you have to admit the money is nice, and the odd jobs are nice, but you don't really like her. You have to come to the conclusion that it's better to have her around than to not have her around.

Obvious soloution to the problem is to 'keep her on her toes'.

Make sure she has to leave the house every few months. Keep tabs on where she goes, what she does and who she does it with. Make sure she can't invest in anything or have any rights within the house. If she decides to work then make it very tricky, if she decides to put her foot down and say that she wants to stay in the house then make it very, very difficult for her to do so.

Ok.

This is my take on the Thai immigration system that many Farangs have to grapple with.

Discuss.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

I think the OP is trying to make us think what a young thai girl is thinking about us farang's????

From there point of view...so to speak

No, sorry. I am as forever misunderstood.

The original comment is what is known 'in reading circles' as a metaphor. That is a comparison between Thailands immigration regulations and the personal rules one might demonstrate towards a new girlfriend of any race, creed or colour.

I guess a little reading between the lines is required.

GFL.

I get what you are saying......an unpleasant assett is worth having......a valuable painting that you dislike....but you do not wish to put on display.....and certainly wouldn't want too many of them

However I do agree with the stringent immigration controls and even making things very difficult for permanent status....otherwise Thailand could be overun....and possibly lose it's attraction