Same Sex Settlement Visa

Hi hope you can help,

:o

I have a Thai boyfriend and have been in a relationship with him for 2 years in this time I have lived with him in Thailand for 3months then 3months and also 5 months.

I am now back in england and want to get a settlement visa for him. He has money in the bank and owns land. I live at home with my parents and they are willing to help. I also have a job wich I can walk in and out of if I am going back and forth from Thailand and England.

In all I have lived with him for 11 months but not in one go. We don't mind if we can't get married but we wish for him to get a settlement visa for here and then in the future we can retire in Thailand. I have some info from your replt to pablo, if I have to live with him for 2 yrs I will live with him in Thailand is this ok?

Does anyone know how I can do this? If I can will we have to live in england for a certain ammount of time before we can go back to Thailand for holiday or extended period????

I am haing trouble using this site as this is my first use of a forum so I will put this as a new post and a reply sorry in advance if I'm being a mong.

Thanks for any help in advance I get from you all out there :D

Ash

Ash,

It doesn't matter where you live as long as it's for at least 2 years. However, Samran made a valid point in another thread which is that the relationship has to be akin to marriage so you should keep all evidence in preparation for the visa application. Also the 2 years has to be in one hit and is not an aggregate period.

As I posted in the other thread, it is likely that the immigration rules will be changed to allow same-sex partners the same rights as fiancé(e)s/husbands/wives. If this is the case you would be able to apply for a "fiancé" visa for your partner and then register the partnership which would then set him on the road to settlement in the UK. If you were to do this the relationship would not need to have been of 2 years duration but, obviously, you need to wait for the immigration rules to be changed.

Scouse.

Ash, Although I don't know anything about same sex residency visas I have gone through the residency visa process with my husband last year so if you want any tips on putting a folder together (for the embassy) & what to put in it feel free to private message me anytime.

Boo

:o

Hi Scouse,

Thanks for your swit reply and help.

I'm going back to Thailand in 5 months to start my 2 yr hit can't wait.

I think the first thing to do is gey a mobile phone contract in my name as proof of me living there. Will talk to boo and see what advice I get as how put my folder together.

Thanks again I appriciate it very much.

If there is anything else you know of any good web sites I would love to know.

Cheers Ash :D

Ash,

You may not have to wait the 2 years as if/when the immigration rules change your partner will be able to apply for a fiancé-type visa which doesn't require a history of living together. Failing that, make sure that you keep any conceivable evidence to convince the visa officer that you are in a relationship akin to marriage; e.g. letters addressed jointly and separately to the same address, greetings cards, if you are renting a property, a contract in both names etc.

Cheers,

Scouse.

The information should be fairly accurate as it used to be run by an ex-immigration officer with whom I worked. He was sentenced to about 3 years for smuggling his Brazilian boyfriend in to the UK, using a colleague's stamp to endorse indefinite leave to enter in his passport.

Scouse.

Hi Scouse'

Thanks for your help on both matters I now have loads of info to read and research and will look into this at wkend so much info and so little time after work!!!

Have read both yours and GU22's replies my other post about having children and found it very ineresting.

Will let you reply to these after a weekend of revision.

Thanks again Ash!!!!!! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for everfyones help looks like I'm going to have to wait for the CPA to come in to place have read so much it will take a while for it to stay in my head. :D

Thanks to u all 4 all the help no doubt we will speak again

Ash :o