How Do You Feel In Thailand Today?

visible

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maybe i will be the first to actually answer what the topic is about :)

I love Thailand personally, i don't follow politics. I love thailand because of the people, they are nice, funny and have great personality. I also love that you can swim in the ocean all year around and it has one of the best diving spots in the world. Was planning on buying a vacation house there until my girlfriend broke up, now i am not sure anymore.

I love Thailand personally, i don't follow politics. I love thailand because of the people, they are nice, funny and have great personality. I also love that you can swim in the ocean all year around and it has one of the best diving spots in the world. Was planning on buying a vacation house there until my girlfriend broke up, now i am not sure anymore.

Woo you are very lucky you broke up before you buy the house to make her happy, and possibly losing it to her. But I still think you should do what you want and just have fun. But never give up the control

Your girlfriend broke up but your heart did not break up. It still go continue and forever.

Hi Visible, :)

I have been here 7 years. Love the country, love the people. Would I go back home? Oh, I forgot, home is now here ... :D

Good evening 'thaiphon',

You have been here for 7 years and you may be a family already including, probably speak Thai quickly.

I have been here 7 years. Love the country, love the people. Would I go back home? Oh, I forgot, home is now here ... :D

Good evening 'thaiphon',

You have been here for 7 years and you may be a family already including, probably speak Thai quickly.

phom poot thai dai nitnoy

Your girlfriend broke up but your heart did not break up. It still go continue and forever.

Not entirely but i am not myself anymore, was invited to different parties this weekend but stayed home alone. I feel very destructive. Somehow its good, i train alot so i train every day now to ignore the pain, only way i can focus on something other than her.

I kinda hope she calls me so we can talk it out but yeah we will see. Life goes on, just very slow for me right now. If she could atleast tell me the reason i could easily move on, may it be that she has cheated, not loving me anymore it would be good. But ignoring me is just cruel. I text messaged her this morning and asked if she could please give me a reason, if it was anything i did and that i still love her. But as usual no answer, i guess she deletes the messages before reading em.

122406755.jpg

Some of you probably doubt about the picture.

hers Profile

* Name: Liu Yi Fei

* English name: Crystal Liu

* Real names: An Feng (birth name); Liu Xi Mei Zi (name after age 6)

* Profession: Actress and singer

* Birthdate: 1987-Aug-25

* Birthplace: Wuhan, Hubei, China

* Nationality: American

* Height: 170cm

* Weight: 48kg

* Star sign: Virgo

* Chinese zodiac: Rabbit

* Blood type: B

:D ...and your profile? care to give us a tip? :)

122406755.jpg

hers Profile

:D ...and your profile? care to give us a tip? :)

It 's not my profile. I am a man and to be only hers fanclub. I like hers movie very so much. Really, I should not show the other picture because simeone does not know about it.

Edited by visible

Well maybe i will be the first to actually answer what the topic is about :D

:) .....look hard enuf in the mirror n u will find the answer ...to the non-replies to the messages, keep on swimming, continue diving, buy your vacation home for yourself....n don't forget to continue to love thailand for there is a lot to love about thailand. i know because i've travelled far n wide enuf.... n long enuf.......... :D

Edited by visareal

Cathyys comment is not a racist one but merely one of observation:

I also agree that it was an assessment on physical characteristics that distinguish many groups. We have a new Thai member and it would be good if members would behave themselves and not make accusations.

Welcome to ThaiVisa Visible.

Sorry but, isn't making an assessment on physical characteristics, the very definition of racism?

er, no.

:) .....look hard enuf in the mirror n u will find the answer ...to the non-replies to the messages, keep on swimming, continue diving, buy your vacation home for yourself....n don't forget to continue to love thailand for there is a lot to love about thailand. i know because i've travelled far n wide enuf.... n long enuf.......... :D

I have thought about reasons for 1 week and there can be several reasons. I feel i am not the typical farang who is blinded by thai girls, i have been to thailand before where i have not even touched a thai girl, i have ignored them because i have heard so many bad stories. So i thought i was different somehow, and also tested her several times about money. That she could get whatever she wanted but didnt, i sneaked money in her bag and she returned it. So she wasnt the typical "trickster" you read about.

I find it weird though, even though we had a fight because of the misunderstanding of the land, is that enough to get her so angry that she leaves me. She never was the same after this fight, she was really hurt. But we both said we were sorry and thought it was fixed. But back in my country i felt something was wrong since she didnt contact me as she used to. And suddenly it was over ... she must be really angry for not wanting to talk to me or even answer my text messages. Always told her she can be open with me, if any problem just tell me. It was just to avoid situations like this.

122406755.jpg

hers Profile

:D ...and your profile? care to give us a tip? :D

:D ..oops, i think u should not have replied so quickly to see how long this thread will go for all the crocodile dundees here in this forum. just just the same, welcome n do give us farangs here some feedback on what u think of us crocodiles here in this forum - remember though not all members are crocodiles here, some are very very decent farang fellas who love thailand very very much....u know.... :)

I have thought about reasons for 1 week and there can be several reasons. I feel i am not the typical farang who is blinded by thai girls, i have been to thailand before where i have not even touched a thai girl, i have ignored them because i have heard so many bad stories. So i thought i was different somehow, and also tested her several times about money. That she could get whatever she wanted but didnt, i sneaked money in her bag and she returned it. So she wasnt the typical "trickster" you read about.

I find it weird though, even though we had a fight because of the misunderstanding of the land, is that enough to get her so angry that she leaves me. She never was the same after this fight, she was really hurt. But we both said we were sorry and thought it was fixed. But back in my country i felt something was wrong since she didnt contact me as she used to. And suddenly it was over ... she must be really angry for not wanting to talk to me or even answer my text messages. Always told her she can be open with me, if any problem just tell me. It was just to avoid situations like this.

:D ....i think one of your mistake/s(?) was to ask her to be open with you. Asian ladies- thais being no exception especially, find openness to be rude, uncultured, uncivilised,uncouth n blah, blah, blah. of course there are the very ewell travlled emancipated ones who behave very very otherwise but they will not likely cross path with many farangs in asia. therein lies one of the of the most perplexing inscrutabilities of a boy-girl cross culture relationsips, especially when one party is occidental n the other is oriental. given time, hopefully, one of you - better still if it's both of you - will being going down on bended knees to the other to make up for lost time n ........make up? :D

Good evening 'thaiphon',

phom poot thai dai nitnoy

well take that as limited then :D

I would like to know about my country in your opinion.

111188553.jpg

Allow me to give the OP the answer he is looking for:

I love Thailand. I love the weather, the food, the bus system and the taxi system, and I especially love all the warm smiles I see everywhere I look. It's true. And I love the current governmental powers and their heroic efforts to help all the people who grow food and to give a proper education to those other up-country people as well. I feel very comfortable walking the streets day or night, and I never have to worry for my safety or about being cheated. Of course, there are some difficulties with the sidewalks and the driving situation and traffic, but nothing is perfect.

Walt

I would like to know about my country in your opinion.

111188553.jpg

I love your country, nothing beats it.

Lawless roads, cheap counterfeit merchandise, practical pharmacy rules, very feminine girls, great beaches, cops accept money, less macho attitude and very affordable.

As some one who has lived here since 13, so my adult life. I love it, I love Thailand, I love the people and the culture, but it is a love you love to hate at the same time. I have 0 respect for the laws or their enforcers here as they seem like a pathetic joke which can be circumvented with monetary rewards for the officials involved.

The people I love, yet have 0 respect for as well. I mean how many times will you say a week "this is Thailand" or "that is Thailand" or ''tit''...

How people can live so contently in a system so obviously flawed and disturbingly fuc_ked up, then have the gaul to pronounce they have some forms of national pride and dignity. The moderately wealthy think their demi gods free to do what they want which for the most part they are exactly right, and the poor seem mislead and tricked into a perpetual state of comatose in regards to reacting to obvious and gross injustices. Who can tell me it is fair that you drive around in your Mercedes s200, or your BM 318i(two of the most common but popular cars with the wanna be hi-so) and look out the window to see your 'beloved countrymen' (in most cases children) and then be annoyed that this person; who is lucky to spend what you spend in a day in their entire lives, is bothering you for a few baht.

But hey I am a hypocrite, I never even acknowledge the people outside my car window at the lights, they'll go away soon enough. I spend my weekends spending stupid amounts of money driving around drinking with friends island hoping and cruising around Thailand's Islands every weekend. It's why I am here.

But you asked me what I think of Thailand, its like a playground for anyone with a bit of $$... and hel_l the police are the ones going around picking up the little bits of $$ we are giving them, like dogs... or some sort of bottom feeding creature.

But don't get me wrong, I love Thailand.

aussiejosh

You talk exactly like (too) many realistic Thais. As someone who had grown up in his teen you are the real local product, no doubt TL suit you very well.

Given that a relative of my wife just cheated me out of 360,000 baht...........not feeling too well today!

I can't believe the lack of a fundamental understanding between what is right and what is wrong among Thai people.

There seems to be no moral base. Be "jai dee," and some "jai dam" will take advantage of you.

I will never, ever, help another Thai under any circumstances.........period.

With a few exceptions, most are clearly liars and thieves..........Thailand Titanic is going down.

JR Texas,

I have no doubt in the story that you are a victim. However, I think Jai Dee means charity, business mean proper legal dealing and, of course, I think cheating is an evil form of Jai Dum.

Thanks.........wish I could tell you the entire story.........unbelievable.........what people are capable of doing is sometimes unbelievable to me. You act out of kindness and generosity........helping another human being who is in serious trouble.........and you are repaid with theft, lies, etc. I just can't get my mind into that type of mindset. But I think Thais can easily. There is something terribly wrong with the education system in this country. It has failed to instill the basic beliefs that make "civilization" function. If we all act like animals.......the game is over.

In brief, as a detailed description would take too long to type.

Thailand is a very beautiful country with many friendly and helpful people. It is a cheap(ish) place for many foreigners to stay. The weather is good. The women generally beautiful.

The downsides range from mass police corruption to many women ripping off Farang and the Farang having little recourse to take legal action to not being able to buy a small (1 Rai) plot of land in our own name to build a house on and give us some security. And having to return once a year (or so) to our home country for a visa seems crazy and expensive when the Thai authorities could easily make extra money by charging a reasonable sum to have a 1 year or 2 year visa without us having to leave Thailand.

All that said, I am happy to be here :)

aussiejosh

You talk exactly like (too) many realistic Thais. As someone who had grown up in his teen you are the real local product, no doubt TL suit you very well.

Given that a relative of my wife just cheated me out of 360,000 baht...........not feeling too well today!

I can't believe the lack of a fundamental understanding between what is right and what is wrong among Thai people.

There seems to be no moral base. Be "jai dee," and some "jai dam" will take advantage of you.

With a few exceptions, most are clearly liars and thieves..........Thailand Titanic is going down.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that JR :)

aussiejosh

Thailand is just an illussion.

Before My wife helps anyone, the first thing that is asked for is a chanote or tabian rot.

If none of the above are presented, well you know the answer.

Thais will tell you any old shit, if you are daft enough to believe it, well hel_l mend you.

The Thai did nothing wrong, you were stupid enough to fall for it, where was your wife in all of this?

Was she aware of what was happening, why didnt she use her own money, why yours?

I love Thailand, but I love Bali, too.

At this point I would probably choose Bali. At least they aren't crazy about kara-offkey singing there like they are here...

Wife has a black belt in kara-offkey :)

As some one who has lived here since 13, so my adult life. I love it, I love Thailand, I love the people and the culture, but it is a love you love to hate at the same time. I have 0 respect for the laws or their enforcers here as they seem like a pathetic joke which can be circumvented with monetary rewards for the officials involved.

The people I love, yet have 0 respect for as well. I mean how many times will you say a week "this is Thailand" or "that is Thailand" or ''tit''...

How people can live so contently in a system so obviously flawed and disturbingly fuc_ked up, then have the gaul to pronounce they have some forms of national pride and dignity. The moderately wealthy think their demi gods free to do what they want which for the most part they are exactly right, and the poor seem mislead and tricked into a perpetual state of comatose in regards to reacting to obvious and gross injustices. Who can tell me it is fair that you drive around in your Mercedes s200, or your BM 318i(two of the most common but popular cars with the wanna be hi-so) and look out the window to see your 'beloved countrymen' (in most cases children) and then be annoyed that this person; who is lucky to spend what you spend in a day in their entire lives, is bothering you for a few baht.

But hey I am a hypocrite, I never even acknowledge the people outside my car window at the lights, they'll go away soon enough. I spend my weekends spending stupid amounts of money driving around drinking with friends island hoping and cruising around Thailand's Islands every weekend. It's why I am here.

But you asked me what I think of Thailand, its like a playground for anyone with a bit of $... and hel_l the police are the ones going around picking up the little bits of $ we are giving them, like dogs... or some sort of bottom feeding creature.

But don't get me wrong, I love Thailand.

How about Goldman Sachs getting a 100 billion dollars from the tax payer, then another 100 billion from AIG that was bailed out by the government just to have Goldman pay out 6 billion dollars to 500 people. Open your eyes, its not different anywhere else.