Gay Hua-hin

I wondered whether to put this topic in the "gay" room or the "Hua-Hin" one, but then I figured that Hua-Hin was a bit more specialized so I'm posting here.

Are there any specifically gay venues- bars, restaurants, hangouts? I may be spending some holiday time there and want to know where I should try to be located. Thanks for any tips.

"Steven"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve -

I go to Hua Hin every couple of months. Not much happening as far as gay life - though there is the Doi Boy Cabaret. Boys are friendly and have met with some of them afterwards. No money involved. I usually stay in the Euro Guest House which is right next door. Hotel is nice and clean and you have use of the pool and gym at the condo across the way. www.euroguesthouse.com

Take care!

there is another bar not far from Doi Boy....its next door to a popular, inexpensive and excellent German restaurant called "ALL STAR"....but I forgot the name....its a beer-bar and not tooooo busy, but friendly people and relaxed atmosphere....always good for a pint.....its maybe 3 minutes walk from DOI BOY. when you leave the small dead-end-SOI where Doi Boy is located, turn left, and then next main road left again....after 100 meters, its on the left side there.....enjoy

Yeah, I figured it would be mostly a financial area- but my guy will be along for part of the trip and it's nice to know where we can have a drink together without worrying if anyone sees us sitting with my arm around him. He probably worries about that more than I do, anyway.

"Steven"

The name of the bar to which AsiaWolfie refers is "Faq Tong" (Pumpkin) or the like. The bar and the German restaurant are located on the parallel street to the main drag(Phetkasem Road). It's behind the Hua Hin Department store located on the main drag quite near the crossroad of the street that starts on the shore at Sofitel and ends at the railroad station.

If you see the department store, walk down the small soi to the left of the store. At the next street, turn right, go past the German restaurant, and you're there. Quiet and good service, depending.

There is a massage place also on the soi running behind the Sofitel. Walk a good ways beyond Bookazine. On the right. Hard to miss. Almost nobody there except "masseurs", who are usually sprawled out watching TV.

there is another bar not far from Doi Boy....its next door to a popular, inexpensive and excellent German restaurant called "ALL STAR"....but I forgot the name....its a beer-bar and not tooooo busy, but friendly people and relaxed atmosphere....always good for a pint.....its maybe 3 minutes walk from DOI BOY. when you leave the small dead-end-SOI where Doi Boy is located, turn left, and then next main road left again....after 100 meters, its on the left side there.....enjoy

/ Member warned via PM for insulting behaviour...

CP Moderator.

:o

========================

I want to be sick!

You're no better than the " Losers " who throw there money at the poor working girls...........What a sad existence you ALL lead.

Claire.

PS. I am entitled to my opinion.

Edited by ChrisP

Hey, Claire- you certainly are entitled to HAVE an opinion, but there are rules in this section and you are not necessarily entitled to express certain opinions in certain ways. Frankly, I have no idea what you're talking about- throwing money at working girls?? :o This thread is to find out what kind of gay establishments exist where I'm going to spend some time- I'll have a few drinks there with the bf, most likely. What did *you* THINK I was going to do? What kind of sicko imagination is it that YOU have?

:D

P.S. What's your nickname when you're not trolling gay threads?

:D

• 4 years later...

I just got back from HH. Faqtong is closed. The owner, an English guy was murdered at the beginning of this month. The place has a sign on the gate "for rent" All in all HH was DEAD. we went to Guy's bar, there were only staff 5 boys at 8pm, around 10pm a couple of German tourists came for a drink and I think a massage. We also visited "red Indian" again only staff there at both times, early evening and later around 11pm. I was very disappointed at not being able to meet any local gay people. There is a bar next to "red indian" on the gay map (can't remember the name) of HH but that bar has also closed down. When we asked the staff about other bars, we got the reponse - closed, closed, closed. I wonder where they all go?