Thailand Condo After Death - Will Req't?

I own a condo in Thailand worth about 9 million baht. I have a US will and have included my Thailand property in it but I wonder if there is red tape involved on the Thailand side in having my beneficiaries actually collect on my Thai property? Would the Thai authority (whatever that is) step in, collect the monies from the property and make some lame excuse to my beneficiaries. I guess I should talk to a lawyer specializing in wills to foriegners, but thought I'd see if anybody had any insight on this. BTW, I'm in (and out of) Thailand on a tourist visa and am not married. oh yeah, this question would apply to my Bangkok Bank account too.

I own a condo in Thailand worth about 9 million baht.  I have a US will and have included my Thailand property in it but I wonder if there is red tape involved on the Thailand side in having my beneficiaries actually collect on my Thai property?  Would the Thai authority (whatever that is) step in, collect the monies from the property and make some lame excuse to my beneficiaries.  I guess I should talk to a lawyer specializing in wills to foriegners, but thought I'd see if anybody had any insight on this.  BTW, I'm in (and out of) Thailand on a tourist visa and am not married. oh yeah, this question would apply to my Bangkok Bank account too.

I think many 'farangs' would be interested in answers to your questions. Unfortunately I don't have them, but why didn't you ask the same before you bought your property and arranged this?

Just curious though.

LaoPo

I am certainly not an expert on this, but I was told by a very credible real estate person in Pattaya that the way to do this is to write this into a will in Thailand using a good Thai lawyer. She also said there is no such decent lawyer in Pattatya, and help should be sought in Bangkok.

I have heard this before, that if you have property in Thailand and property in the West, the Thailand property should be in a will in Thailand. In other words, two wills.

Edited by Thaiquila

Certainly if you have property in the UK and Thailand you need two wills but don't the US have some kind of long standing taxation agreement with Thailand? Maybe there's something in it about property ownership?