Visa Run From Phuket To Malaysia : Hatyai Or Satun ?

atchara

Hi,

I stay in Phuket now and want to do a visa-run to Malaysia when I finished I must meet some friends to Satun. I want to go by bus from Phuket. Is there any immigration office border near Satun or it’s better to go to Hatyai? What is the name of the place where there is a immigration office please?

Thanks in advance !

Thanks a lot visarunner !

While in Satun - it is more logic in going to Malaysia by ferry to Langkawi;ferry goes three times a day,the last - 4 or 5 pm.

It costs very little,takes little bit more then one hour and it is sort of fun,bigger then local bus,you want to take?

The ferry pier itself might be of more interest to you - it is called Tammalang Pier and it is quite big Immigration Office.I am not sure

if you can cross land border in Satun,it might be for local traffic only.The big land crossing is called Padang Besar,it is Thailand to

Malaysia highway,very busy and everybody going to Penang goes there in something called in affectionate way - donkey bus,

which is in fact nice minibus system serving Hatyai-Penang route.Its fast and not expensive.

From Langkawi you will have to take another ferry to Penang(4-5 hours) - nice travel.You can take ferry one way,donkey bus - return.

It is off season now,but may be you can find fast boat connection from Phuket to Satun or to Pakbara.(not cheap)

Yes foreigners can definately cross at Khuan Don/Wang Kelian, crossed over there from Malaysia myself 18 months ago.

And there was an elderly couple there that had come up from Satun by motorbike with sidecar to do a visa run, went straight across to Mal. and came straight back.

This is a pretty remote crossing but, and is 40km or so from Satun, so costs getting up there and back might be considerable. And it's quite a climb to get up there from Satun. Would have been FUN going back down in that sidecar LOL.

Hi,

I stay in Phuket now and want to do a visa-run to Malaysia when I finished I must meet some friends to Satun. I want to go by bus from Phuket. Is there any immigration office border near Satun or it's better to go to Hatyai? What is the name of the place where there is a immigration office please?

Thanks in advance !

How is the safety down south. I haven't been down south since "Muslim problems".

Thanks a lot visarunner !

While in Satun - it is more logic in going to Malaysia by ferry to Langkawi;ferry goes three times a day,the last - 4 or 5 pm.

It costs very little,takes little bit more then one hour and it is sort of fun,bigger then local bus,you want to take?

The ferry pier itself might be of more interest to you - it is called Tammalang Pier and it is quite big Immigration Office.I am not sure

if you can cross land border in Satun,it might be for local traffic only.The big land crossing is called Padang Besar,it is Thailand to

Malaysia highway,very busy and everybody going to Penang goes there in something called in affectionate way - donkey bus,

which is in fact nice minibus system serving Hatyai-Penang route.Its fast and not expensive.

From Langkawi you will have to take another ferry to Penang(4-5 hours) - nice travel.You can take ferry one way,donkey bus - return.

It is off season now,but may be you can find fast boat connection from Phuket to Satun or to Pakbara.(not cheap)

and why one should take the ferry from Langkawi to Penang for a simple Visarun?? There is a immigration office directly on the pier where the Ferry arrives

from Satun, but anyway, its a complicated and for sure not a RUN.

ok, he wants to met his friend in Satun but from Phuket i suggest by a Ticket with AIR ASIA in time (internet, minimum three weeks befor the run) and it costs u less than the stress with busses and the chance of an accident with the crazy minibussardinebox drivers. HKT-KL-HKT around 1700 Baht