Cost Of Dental Cleaning In Pattaya

gguy

I just had my teeth cleaned at Pattaya International Hospital.

The total cost was 1200 for cleaning, 100 for steralizing, and 200 for hospital fee or 1500.

The cleaning was good but it seems a tad expensive.

This was a regular cleaning (no deep) and took about 20 minutes.

What do the independent clinics charge?

Any recommendations for cleaning only shops that properly clean the equipment?

You might want to go to the hospital for something major. I don't think I would trust an independent clinic for any major work. But a cleaning is a fairly simple procedure.

The total cost was 1200 for cleaning, 100 for steralizing, and 200 for hospital fee or 1500.

What do the independent clinics charge?

Any recommendations for cleaning only shops that properly clean the equipment?

You might want to go to the hospital for something major. I don't think I would trust an independent clinic for any major work. But a cleaning is a fairly simple procedure.

Hi,

Most people say that 500 or 600 baht will get you a cleaning, with sterilized equipment, at most dentists' offices in Pattaya.

proper brushing twice per day eliminates the need for cleaning at the dentist. Had it done a while back and never again. The high powered water gun separated my gums to far so spent the next month trying to remove food from new gaps. just brush every day, paying for cleaning is just a gimmick

Edited by zorro1

proper brushing twice per day eliminates the need for cleaning at the dentist. Had it done a while back and never again. The high powered water gun separated my gums to far so spent the next month trying to remove food from new gaps. just brush every day, paying for cleaning is just a gimmick

Yes I agree, I use to have mine cleaned by a dentist, but never in Thailand. I clean them 3 times a day and am a smoker. With regular brushing you should not have to have them cleaned by a dentist, its a money making do... Buy a good Toothbrush and some decent toothpaste.

correct,I got the same ages ago,now I need a toothpick every time I eat

Ridiculous! I know EXACTLY how you feel, been there done that. Here's the solution:

How I Beat The Pattaya Dental Cartel

A "tad expensive"?

You paid 3x the normal price for a good cleaning.

Misinformed guys.... there are two types of bacteria in the mouth and one of them can cause bad teeth and one of them can cause bad gums. The tarter that builds up from the bad gum type needs to be professionally removed. I have great teeth - will probably last till I die - but even though I brush 3 times a day, use mouthwash and eat apples, I still need to have the plaque buildup removed about every 4 months.

There are plenty of good places around. You paid waaaay to much.. I have had my teeth cleaned in BKK for as low as 300 baht but that was about 9 years ago. I'm in Surin now and my last visit was 400 baht, im sure in pattaya it should be about the same 400-500, max 600. Just check out the shop 1st and make sure it's clean. The last place I went to was a new building and all new equipment, very clean.

Misinformed guys.... there are two types of bacteria in the mouth and one of them can cause bad teeth and one of them can cause bad gums. The tarter that builds up from the bad gum type needs to be professionally removed. I have great teeth - will probably last till I die - but even though I brush 3 times a day, use mouthwash and eat apples, I still need to have the plaque buildup removed about every 4 months.

Brushing teeth 3 times a day can cause a lot of tooth and gum erosion. Receeding gums are a major problem with age. A good brushing once a day is probably better.

So where in Pattaya do you guys recommend? :)

Soi Buckhaew dental clinic is where I went for my last filling. I don't know the cost of teeth cleaning though.

An enthusiastic recently qualified dentist (guarantees his work as well, which is a first).

It is situated on the opposite corner to the Oasis Go-Go on Soi Buckhaew.