Thailand Rent Rates Chart

I imagine the questions of rent costs in Thailand comes up often. Wouldn't it be handy to have a thread outlining the general rent rates by town or region? Listing the lowest, highest and average rent price for different parts of Thailand for short term / long term / different size accommodation etc.

Any takers or any link to such a chart somewhere?

I'm personally interested in Chiang Mai specifically but it would be interesting to see the comparative rental costs in other areas.

Edited by greytown

Many TVers spend their time in Thailand finding the cheapest anything - "what's the cheapest place for a Sunday carvery", "what's the cheapest place for bulk liquor". The best thing to do is to start a thread: "I found a brand new 2 bedroom apartment in < > for only 8,000THB!" In mere seconds, you'll get something similar to "what a loser you are, I got one for 6,000THB", a couple minutes later you'll see "yer both rely dumies, I got one for 4,000THB." Within a couple days, you'll find the cheapest place available.

Many TVers spend their time in Thailand finding the cheapest anything - "what's the cheapest place for a Sunday carvery", "what's the cheapest place for bulk liquor". The best thing to do is to start a thread: "I found a brand new 2 bedroom apartment in < > for only 8,000THB!" In mere seconds, you'll get something similar to "what a loser you are, I got one for 6,000THB", a couple minutes later you'll see "yer both rely dumies, I got one for 4,000THB." Within a couple days, you'll find the cheapest place available.

I found this condo...where the landlord pays me the rent... :)

I found this condo...where the landlord pays me the rent... :)

cute..... :D man friday, are you? :D or ....................you know, ????????????? :D

This is my 3rd place I rent in CM and I think so far I have received very good value for money and also spent a lot of time to find the right places to stay.

1st year - Studio Apartment - Chang Khyen - Chiang Mai Sabai Apartments - nice clean simple room for 2800 baht / month, great area!

2nd year - 3 br one store house in Moo Bahn Phim Bayom on Canal Road about 1.5 km south of CMU - 7.000 baht / month. (nice garden etc... house was ok, no furniture, no a/c, too close to airport)

3rd year - 4 br, 3 store townhouse on Suthep Rd near Nimmanhaemin intersection, 7.500 b/month, furnished with 1 a/c. (might stay for couple more years in this one... who knows)

This is my 3rd place I rent in CM and I think so far I have received very good value for money and also spent a lot of time to find the right places to stay.

1st year - Studio Apartment - Chang Khyen - Chiang Mai Sabai Apartments - nice clean simple room for 2800 baht / month, great area!

2nd year - 3 br one store house in Moo Bahn Phim Bayom on Canal Road about 1.5 km south of CMU - 7.000 baht / month. (nice garden etc... house was ok, no furniture, no a/c, too close to airport)

3rd year - 4 br, 3 store townhouse on Suthep Rd near Nimmanhaemin intersection, 7.500 b/month, furnished with 1 a/c. (might stay for couple more years in this one... who knows)

Thanks for the info. What is great about the Chang Khyen area? I don't know Chiang Mai at all.

May be worth a try. Though I'm not necessarily looking for the absolute cheapest, more like a nice place in a nice area at a good price...

Yahooo, great answer, I guess the next ? will be, who's the cheapest lay in Chang Mai.