Playground Equipment

willbartholomew

A few months ago there were a couple threads on TV about where to buy good quality playground equipment. I found one of the threads which mentions a store near Airport Plaza and it seems like a good store but didn't have what I was looking for. There was another thread that mentioned 1 or 2 other stores but I can't find it doing a search. Does anyone remember or know of other places to go in Chiang Mai? I am looking for something fairly large for children varying in age from 3 - 8 or so. Thanks

IS Baby can order a lot of equipment (the high end quality stuff).

Or, you can get custom-made metal playground sets made. The shop is located on the superhighway just after Carrefour. It's on the corner of the road that leads to the "back-end" of Payap University. They have a catalogue of previously made items but you can take your own sketch in and they'll make it.

As somebody who works in the field of playground maintenance and design I find a lot of the playground equipment in Thailand downright dangerous and poorly designed. Might be useful if you check some of the major European or US playground manufacturers for ideas on playground safety design , eg: Kompan from Denmark .That way u will get an idea of what to look for in locally produced playground equipment .

As somebody who works in the field of playground maintenance and design I find a lot of the playground equipment in Thailand downright dangerous and poorly designed. Might be useful if you check some of the major European or US playground manufacturers for ideas on playground safety design , eg: Kompan from Denmark .That way u will get an idea of what to look for in locally produced playground equipment .

The Chiangmai Toy Ride is in the process of outfitting 3 schools with playground equipment over the next 3 months. We have visited a local manufacturer of metal equipment, and even an amateur can see areas requiring design improvement. Are you interested in helping the Chiangmai Toy Ride spec some locally made equipment and visiting the manufacturer to point him in the right direction? Your input would be greatly appreciated

I will be in Chaing Rai on the 10th, 11th and 12th Sept so maybe we can arrange something , altho no pronmises as it is primarily a visit to my gf's family . I would love to see an improvement in childrens playequipment but it is also the spatial arrangement /layout of the equipment and fall surfaces that are equally important . And maintenace of the equipment too.

I will PM u my contact details and i will see if we can arrange something .